Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

We have a lot of overrated players at Newcastle - Cabaye isn't one of them but he isn't what Arsenal need either.

Aye i'm baffled by Arsenal wanting him, there not exactly short in CM's especially if they do resign Flamini.

Again - as Newcastle have said - it could be simply a ruse to placate the fans. ''Takes one to know one'' and we are the biggest bull shitters in the game.

at least we bullshit about players for positions we think the fans will want, it's like kinnear trying to placate us by "going after" a keeper.

Or Kinnear trying to placate us by "going after" Andre Ayew after claiming the squad was strong enough already. I'll be interested to see how firm that interest turns out to be.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Balti pizza, seriously? :lol:

Yeh it was bought for me like but the last time I had one was Leeds away a few years ago. To say that was an emotional journey was an understatement and the people in my immediate surroundings were more concerned with what I was dropping than Mr.Forster.

It's nice mind. :lol:

Balti pizza, seriously? :lol:

Yeh it was bought for me like but the last time I had one was Leeds away a few years ago. To say that was an emotional journey was an understatement and the people in my immediate surroundings were more concerned with what I was dropping than Mr.Forster.

It's nice mind. :lol:

Bloody hell.

Guest bimpy474

Flamini and Cabaye are completely different players..... buying one does not rule out buying the other (in my humble, but correct, opinion).

That's true but along with Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Diaby, Cazorla, Frimpong. And players he uses in there quite a bit in Oxlade-Chamberlain and Rosický.

I dunno where either of them fit in, if there's one position Arsenal dont need any players it's CM.

Yohan Cabaye's Newcastle United exit strategy moves on

26 Aug 2013 08:13

The midfielder is thought to have settled for a move to Arsenal but now faces an anxious wait to see if the Gunners can cough up the golden price to make his departure a reality

Yohan Cabaye's representatives are expected to hasten the midfielder's exit from Newcastle United this week.

The midfielder is thought to have settled for a move to Arsenal but now faces an anxious wait to see if the Gunners can cough up the golden price to make his departure a reality.

French sources told the Chronicle last night that the Cabaye camp have been plotting a move to Arsenal over the weekend after the midfielder refused to play for the club for a second time in six days in the weekend stalemate with West Ham.

Cabaye’s representatives want to hold talks with Arsenal - however, until a firm bid is accepted by the Magpies, he remains a Newcastle player and must adhere to club rules.

It is thought that Arsenal are the only firm bidders going into the last few days of the window although Paris St-Germain are long-term admirers of the Toon star.

Cabaye is believed to have told Alan Pardew that he did not want to be involved against the Hammers and the player is now braced to see if he will be fined for opting out of the two matches.

Pardew is thought to have offered the Frenchman a route back into his team after he initially dropped out of the team to face Man City seven days ago.

But Cabaye was nowhere to be seen on Saturday when his team needed him. Understandably, his sulking has gone down like a lead balloon on Tyneside over the weekend yet the player continues to keep his counsel.

Arsenal had a bid of around £11m turned down by the Magpies last Monday but could return today with an advanced offer closer to £13m.

Newcastle will hold out for more, although Cabaye’s representatives feel that more than double the fee the Magpies paid for the midfielder, who joined United for £4.8million from Lille, is a fair price.

With Pardew wanting to add players in the final week of the window rather than see his squad depleted further, the Newcastle boss wants to make sure the Magpies are properly equipped going into the first half of the season.

He told the Chronicle: “You can’t say he is definitely going to stay, so the mindset of the player is such, that we need to be on guard.”

The Cabaye situation is hardly helped by a backdrop of gloom following the non-arrival of permanent signings to St James’ Park.

And United fans made it clear how they felt about Joe Kinnear’s lack of activity as transfer chief so far.

Kinnear was understood to be in France over the weekend checking out Andre Ayew in Marseille in the Veldrome team’s 1-0 win over Valenciennes in northern France.

But an asking price of £15million is likely to be a stumbling block.

United could now be left with gaps to fill in both the striker department and a replacement for Cabaye should he leave – but after a woeful window so far for the Magpies, there are low expectations from fans.

Talking about the growing possibility of Cabaye’s exit, Pardew said: “We are on the case with that. We have to be armed.”

However, Pardew seemed resigned to losing his French ace after the 0-0 draw with West Ham.

He said: “We need to resolve it. If he goes, good luck to him. Bye, bye.

“We need to replace him with somebody as good.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/yohan-cabayes-newcastle-united-exit-5785553?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

also with Paulinhio Dembele Sandro and Capoue Holtby and Sigurdson do they need another central midfielder?

I'd argue that despite the huge numbers they have no one as creative as Cabaye.

Sigurdsson and Paulinho are more goalscorers than creators, Sandro and Capoue are obviously DMs and Dembele is a driver from midfield.

Capoue-Paulinho-Dembele looked good yesterday in a way but none of them are very creative.

Maybe Holtby could fit the bill but he hasn't exactly set the world alight so far.

also with Paulinhio Dembele Sandro and Capoue Holtby and Sigurdson do they need another central midfielder?

Sigurdsson and Paulinho are more goalscorers than creators, Sandro and Capoue are obviously DMs and Dembele is a driver from midfield.

Capoue-Paulinho-Dembele looked good yesterday in a way but none of them are very creative.

Maybe Holtby could fit the bill but he hasn't exactly set the world alight so far.

dunno seems unlikely Levy would pay the price we'd want for a player they have quite a few of in that position to begin with, not impossible or anything but seems unlikely. I await being proven wrong :dontknow:

if he has refused to play i'm quite prepared to not sign anyone (if we are needing to sell to buy) and just not play him till his contract is up.

sick of the power players now have, "I want a move when I want but if I turn out to be shit you have to honour my contract"........get fucked!

Worried about the impact on our other players if he's back in training with them tbh. I mean we're shite already, but the potential disruptive influence of a key player that wants to leave for bigger and better things won't help.

Worried about the impact on our other players if he's back in training with them tbh. I mean we're shite already, but the potential disruptive influence of a key player that wants to leave for bigger and better things won't help.

in all likelihood I doubt players are all that bothered by it since they may/will want to do the same in the future

if he has refused to play i'm quite prepared to not sign anyone (if we are needing to sell to buy) and just not play him till his contract is up.

sick of the power players now have, "I want a move when I want but if I turn out to be shit you have to honour my contract"........get fucked!

Just another symptom of the money in the game being far too much. Most clubs won't write it off, especially us.

Yeah so true Debuchy will be an instant ali and then there are the other French lads, its a fair conclusion I think to believe they will stick together.

dunno seems unlikely Levy would pay the price we'd want for a player they have quite a few of in that position to begin with, not impossible or anything but seems unlikely. I await being proven wrong :dontknow:

Doubt he would tbf, but it wouldn't surprise me if they go and get a creative midfielder before the window shuts.

Still haven't really replaced Modric and as much as i like Dembele, Spurs seem to want to go to the next level i don't think he can provide that creative outlet they would probably need alongside Paulinho and Sandro/Capoue.

NUFCnewsnow.com ‏@NUFCnewsnow 1m

Tottenham Hotspur are the latest club to register an interest in Newcastle United midfielder Yohan Cabaye. (RMC Sport) #NUFC

Expand

Give us Rose, Sigurdsson and Kane* then they can have him.

*No idea what he is like tbh but surely better than Shola as the big lad that inevitably comes off the bench.