Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest Roger Kint

Meanwhile, Fellaini and Baines continue to play for Everton despite 2 bids from Manchester United being rejected.

Meanwhile you continue to ignore that Cabaye has wanted out all summer unlike those two. Unless you think Pardew and just about every French journo around are all lying its a totally different situation altogether.

Where's that from? Apologies if I missed it in here.

Just about every single French journo and Pardew himself. No i cant be arsed to prove it as i genuinely doubt its new information to you at all.

Guest Roger Kint

Even if we re-integrate him having failed to sell, it'll still be a while longer before he's back given he isn't even training at the minute.

Thought he was training alone? Pardew wants him to come back on Saturday doesnt he?

Said yesterday he wasn't training and that "we'll see" about Saturday.

:thup:

Meanwhile, Fellaini and Baines continue to play for Everton despite 2 bids from Manchester United being rejected.

Meanwhile you continue to ignore that Cabaye has wanted out all summer unlike those two. Unless you think Pardew and just about every French journo around are all lying its a totally different situation altogether.

This is maybe true but we can't forget that the club have been actively looking to sell him all summer too.

You dont think there is a connection in there at all? Its hardly out of the box thinking :lol:

Connection or not it doesn't matter.

The club could have just came out and said Yohan Cabaye is not for sale any price.

At the end of the day, the only way Cabaye can leave is with the clubs consent.

Erm what box are you looking at? :lol:

Player tells manager he wants out amid rumours big clubs want him. Manager tells owner that he could make big money, owner tells manager that he would only be given something to spend if it happens(looking pretty likely atm). Clubs with money want him so we set a price, manager touts him about as player wanted and therefore both parties win. Or if nobody will pay the fee then we win.

Sounds about right. I don't think we've been actively looking to sell Cabaye until he's made it clear he wants to leave. We'll find out just how desperate we are to sell if he goes for less than £15m, which is a fair price IMO.

Totally agree, said last week €18m was a great price.

18million euro is not a good price in this market.

It is for a player whose not very effective under this current managerial set up.

Agreed.  But it's only a good price if some of it actually gets reinvested.  If it doesn't (highly likely), then I'd rather we just kept an unhappy Cabaye until January at least.  The squad is threadbare as it is.  After the first 13-14 players, there is no really quality or class backing up the first team.

The window 'slams shut' (copyright BSkyB) next week and I don't hold out much hope of us getting a suitable replacement, or any other players for that matter.

Where's that from? Apologies if I missed it in here.

Just about every single French journo and Pardew himself. No i cant be arsed to prove it as i genuinely doubt its new information to you at all.

What? :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Oh Pardew and those trustworthy journalists said. That's that, then :lol: :razz:

No you are right then, the club wants rid and poor Yohan is the complete victim in all this :thup:

Guest icemanblue

Of course he wants out, man. As if it's even worth disputing. There have been countless articles, comments and whatever else suggesting this. It's widely accepted, and those questioning it here know it too.

Of course he wants out, man. As if it's even worth disputing. There have been countless articles, comments and whatever else suggesting this. It's widely accepted.

It was the 'all summer' bit I was questioning, thought that was obvious.

Oh Pardew and those trustworthy journalists said. That's that, then :lol: :razz:

No you are right then, the club wants rid and poor Yohan is the complete victim in all this :thup:

a) I was just pulling your leg

b) He's not a victim, no one has said he was to my knowledge? You have no real idea at this point that it's not a mutual decision though.

Guest Roger Kint

a) I was just pulling your leg

b) He's not a victim, no one has said he was to my knowledge? You have no real idea at this point that it's not a mutual decision though.

I was taking the piss too, i got your point :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

I keep thinking back to Fiona Cabaye's tweet about she and Yohan wanting a "nice transfer"  - and that was before last season had even finished.

Just looked back in the thread and PSG publicly wanted him prior to his West Ham horror show. Was that tweet about end of April?

I keep thinking back to Fiona Cabaye's tweet about she and Yohan wanting a "nice transfer"  - and that was before last season had even finished.

Just looked back in the thread and PSG publicly wanted him prior to his West Ham horror show. Was that tweet about end of April?

Early February, she subsequently dismissed it as a joke. Someone must have told her it was getting some discussion! I think she subsequently deleted it but it was definitely there and got some air time on here.

Guest Roger Kint

Early February, she subsequently dismissed it as a joke. Someone must have told her it was getting some discussion! I think she subsequently deleted it but it was definitely there and got some air time on here.

Remember people talking about it now you mention it, ties in with the PSG interest and his lack of form too :thup:

Remember people talking about it now you mention it, ties in with the PSG interest and his lack of form too :thup:

It was during the Villa match after he scored that goal.  A friend tweeted her MU or MC?

Pardew did say last September that one of our player's heads had been turned by an agent. He never said who on the record, but the media suggested at the time that it was Cabaye believing he was going to Arsenal.

Guest firetotheworks

I find it hard to muster the energy to dislike any player that wants to leave tbh. If I played for Newcastle and I was a decent player, it would only be the fact that I support Newcastle that would make me want to stay.

Still hope he stays. The World Cup at the end of the season should be enough motivation to see him attempting to get back to his best and not sulking about the place.

Exactly. It's in his best interests even if he stays to give everything this season for that reason alone.