Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

When he does go (think he will i'm afraid :(), i hope it's abroad as i'd hate to see him line up against us.

I reckon he'd prefer to stay in the prem and there won't be a shortage of interest over here, would take a PSG or Monaco to get him back abroad imo. 

But yup, it'd be fucking awful to see him in another English team, not to mention listening to the wank-fest of him eventually reaching his potential or some such bollocks from the expert pundits.

But yup, it'd be f***ing awful to see him in another English team, not to mention listening to the w***-fest of him eventually reaching his potential or some such bollocks from the expert pundits.

Remember when Liverpool signed that Spanish left back out of obscurity who turned out to be really good? Actually, what the fuck's happened to him recently..

Absolutely no reason to sell Debuchy and no reason why we would. Much stronger hand than with Cabaye who will be losing value the year after this one coming iirc. Not that I want to sell him either but we should keep Debuchy, and I expect ashley would demand a larger fee than people will pay for rbs.

If I'm feeling optimistic his strike was about wanting out of this club that was acting like a circus at the time and a lack of recruits, he was probably expecting another season of misery and relegation woes and wanted to jump ship to a champions league team. If I'm feeling super optimistic maybe this season will convince him to stay and fight for europe.

If I'm feeling optimistic his strike was about wanting out of this club that was acting like a circus at the time and a lack of recruits, he was probably expecting another season of misery and relegation woes and wanted to jump ship to a champions league team. If I'm feeling super optimistic maybe this season will convince him to stay and fight for europe.

if liverpool, man utd or PSG come in for him he'll want to be off.

Hopefully he will have a cracking world cup and add on 10 mill to his value, I expect France to flop massively though.

I doubt it'll be because of him though, he'll bust a gut for them while Nasri bottles it

Aye, I remember a little while ago loads of French journalists voted him as the 2nd best player for the national team (Ribery swept up) because he was the one player you could rely on every time.

Hopefully he will have a cracking world cup and add on 10 mill to his value, I expect France to flop massively though.

I doubt it'll be because of him though, he'll bust a gut for them while Nasri bottles it

Aye, I remember a little while ago loads of French journalists voted him as the 2nd best player for the national team (Ribery swept up) because he was the one player you could rely on every time.

the french media think he's came on massively since coming here aswell, loads more to his game etc.

Can't help feel its not just Champions League dreams that has him wanting away. A new owner no Kinnear and I bet he would stay, depending on where we finish this season though.

Agree with this - had the club showed more ambition and intention to press on after the 5th place, he would be happy as long as we were in the mix for CL football.

We aren't, won't be, so he will leave.