Twitter nonsense

Thespence

Ranger to Peterborough United on loan.

Hope we do loan him out this year rather than just flogging him. Not sure Peterborough would be my first choice though.

Very attacking team last season.

They also just lost last season's 35 goal striker, Mackail-Smith.

Aye - gone to Brighton which I find a bit of a strange move for the lad, given Leicester and West Ham were supposed to be sniffing about.

Can see the attraction with Brighton though, good up and coming manager, brand new stadium, decent city to live in, Poyet would have sold him on the project too.

They will be building the team around him too which will serve his self esteem.

Guest axel

SkySportsNews Sky Sports News

Sky Sources: Aston Villa reject £15m bid from Liverpool for Stewart Downing. More on SSN...

Madness..

Either one is a risk, Best might have been a half-season wonder and Long might not make it. If we did the deal I would be cautiously optimistic though, as I think Long has the potential to be a lot better than Best if he can make the step up.

I'd rather keep Best tbh.

This.

Really don't know why we're trying to ship Best. We need to build a fucking squad ffs. If they're going to offer anyone p/ex, offer them fucking Shola or Ranger.

Didn't mean I wouldn't want Long btw. I just don't see the merit in getting rid of Best, even though I don't think he's as good as some make out. As things stand he's comfortably better than Lovenkrands, Ranger and probably Ameobi. I understand it's harder to get rid of shitter players but we should be looking to push Best down the pecking order IMO, not flogging him.

Was thinking it'd be more like 4m plus Best.  Which I'd accept because I rate Long, and believe he'd give us something we don't have in attack. I like Best but think he performed above his ability last season thus it's the right time to move him on.  Also think Reading would be interested in Best so hopefully good deal all round.

think we should have used ranger instead

according to this mornings journal we're interested in one more striker....so if this is the case have we given up on Erdinc already? That is if we were ever serious about getting him

Guest Antec

Is Long quick/skillfull?

Definitely quick. Dunno on his skill level.

Ta, could be another Bellamy then

Didn't mean I wouldn't want Long btw. I just don't see the merit in getting rid of Best, even though I don't think he's as good as some make out. As things stand he's comfortably better than Lovenkrands, Ranger and probably Ameobi. I understand it's harder to get rid of shitter players but we should be looking to push Best down the pecking order IMO, not flogging him.

Agree. Ba > Best = Long > Shola > Ranger > Lovenkrands.

I think Long will be more effective in front of Hatem etc than Best would.

We need a busy/quick striker making darting runs for Hatem to find.

I see best coming off the bench for last 15mins when we want to bomb balls into the box.

p.s.

I think we can do better than Long, but definately prefer him to Best

Guest TurboTrev

This.

Really don't know why we're trying to ship Best. We need to build a f***ing squad ffs. If they're going to offer anyone p/ex, offer them f***ing Shola or Ranger.

^^ agree with all the above, but preferably offering Ranger in p/ex.

This.

Really don't know why we're trying to ship Best. We need to build a f***ing squad ffs. If they're going to offer anyone p/ex, offer them f***ing Shola or Ranger.

^^ agree with all the above, but preferably offering Ranger in p/ex.

Preferably Løven.

I think Long will be more effective in front of Hatem etc than Best would.

We need a busy/quick striker making darting runs for Hatem to find.

I see best coming off the bench for last 15mins when we want to bomb balls into the box.

p.s.

I think we can do better than Long, but definately prefer him to Best

Basically agree with this.

Obviously ideally we would use someone worse than Best as a makeweight in the deal, but I don't think clubs will be queuing up to take those players.