Twitter nonsense

Thespence

plus the £4m for Nolan, the salary savings for Nolan, Campbell & Kuqi plus the £10m plus that every club has to budget for every Summer for xfer dealings plus any money for future player sales and you can see there's quite a bit of shopping to be done yet

Don't like these sums

Luke Edwards

Part of Carroll money used to pay for Merveaux wages and signing fee + signing fee for Ba + £2m agent fee. Shd still be £15-20m left?

Hmmm, £15-20 million is still a good amount left but then again if we really want to sign top quality players, we may have to use all of this supposed new budget in almost one go to do so.

plus the £4m for Nolan, the salary savings for Nolan, Campbell & Kuqi plus the £10m plus that every club has to budget for every Summer for xfer dealings plus any money for future player sales and you can see there's quite a bit of shopping to be done yet

Haha as if any extra £10m was put aside.

If they sums are right we probably have about £8m-£10m left for transfer fees and the rest going on signing on fees and wages. Can't get too much for that.

/pessimistic

If they sums are right we probably have about £8m-£10m left for transfer fees and the rest going on signing on fees and wages. Can't get too much for that.

/pessimistic

:omg:

If this £35m is being used to pay players wages for the next few years, what are the television income and gate receipts of 30-40,000 season tickets being spent on?

The only thing more staggering than the brass neck of them using this ridiculous excuse as a way of getting out of investing in the team is that people are buying into it.

If this £35m is being used to pay players wages for the next few years, what are the television income and gate receipts of 30-40,000 season tickets being spent on?

The only thing more staggering than the brass neck of them using this ridiculous excuse as a way of getting out of investing in the team is that people are buying into it.

Exactly. The vast majority of the 35M should be spent on Player transfer fee's only. Ashley and his cronies have no excuses in not spending it.

:thup:

Guest Heneage

I know exactly what you mean, the transfer window shut last night and we still haven't fully strengthened, it's a bloody joke.

The wages for players already at the club, we don't stop paying them unfortunately.

Making serious profits :frantic:

I know exactly what you mean, the transfer window shut last night and we still haven't fully strengthened, it's a bloody joke.

He isn't really saying that though, it's more a response to the Edwards tweet.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Don't buy it. Pardew has questions to answer

1. With Campbell, Nolan and Carroll gone and the 3 incomings taking their wages we are at about net even arnt we #wheresthemoney

2. Factoring in the signing on fees we have spent net 4m this year #whereisthemoney

3. You made Gameiro a big offer #wheresthemoney

4. Was mike Ashley not going to invest had Carroll not been sold?

5. What has happened to last years tv money?

6. Apart from the first window why have we made a profit every window

Don't buy it. Pardew has questions to answer

1. With Campbell, Nolan and Carroll gone and the 3 incomings taking their wages we are at about net even arnt we #wheresthemoney

2. Factoring in the signing on fees we have spent net 4m this year #whereisthemoney

3. You made Gameiro a big offer #wheresthemoney

4. Was mike Ashley not going to invest had Carroll not been sold?

5. What has happened to last years tv money?

6. Apart from the first window why have we made a profit every window

See Nixon's post above

Guest Heneage

He isn't really saying that though, it's more a responce to the Edwards tweet.

But even still people live in this crazy world whereby they think because a players fee is reported as say £6m then he cost that amount. When in truth you factor in the wages, the agents fee, his signing on fee you will be more than likely looking at between £8-10m. We were promised 35m spent on transfers/wages that is what we're getting.

Yes I wish it was 35m on transfers but it isn't. Ba for me seems a great deal but I can't speak on Marveaux because I haven't seen him play. We are taking a more frugal approach and the sooner folk accept that the better, it hasn't diminished the entertainment value in my opinion last year saw some fantastic football and matches.

Of course I do appreciate that Wullie has his opinion which would appear to be anti-Ashley so be it, that's his decision.

"ridiculous excuse"? Haven't they always said it'll be used on transfers and wages etc?

"ridiculous excuse"? Haven't they always said it'll be used on transfers and wages etc?

been the party line since since the day after the sale

But even still people live in this crazy world whereby they think because a players fee is reported as say £6m then he cost that amount. When in truth you factor in the wages, the agents fee, his signing on fee you will be more than likely looking at between £8-10m. We were promised 35m spent on transfers/wages that is what we're getting.

Yes I wish it was 35m on transfers but it isn't. Ba for me seems a great deal but I can't speak on Marveaux because I haven't seen him play. We are taking a more frugal approach and the sooner folk accept that the better, it hasn't diminished the entertainment value in my opinion last year saw some fantastic football and matches.

Of course I do appreciate that Wullie has his opinion which would appear to be anti-Ashley so be it, that's his decision.

Again though, there's no way wages should be factored into a transfer budget give the price of tickets and the annual TV payment. Don't get me wrong I'm more concerned about the quality of player we sign rather than how much of the Carroll money we spend, but I still agree with Wullie on this point.

The wages for players already at the club, we don't stop paying them unfortunately.

Every club has players to pay, that doesn't stop them spending money.

Were the wages of Carroll, Nolan and Campbell less than those of Ba, Marveaux, Cabaye? Not by much I wouldn't have thought.

I mean look at Steve Stone's comments today:""I think it's great that we've made some moves in the transfer market," he told nufc.co.uk. "I think it's important that you do it quite early and that's what we've done.

"We had the money from the sale of Andy Carroll in January so we knew we had that money and we've had our targets for some time now."

I mean is he on the wind up or something? I'm well aware that it's still only June (pre-season starts on Monday and I think we should have our big business done already for the reasons Stone gives about settling in, fitness etc but that's another issue) but there's absolutely no doubt that the noises coming out of the club and the local press are that this money is not going to be properly invested in the squad.

I have no problems with the squad being strengthened with bargain deals but the good thing about that is supposed to be that you can use the money to strengthen further, not that you can stick it at the back of the wardrobe.

How come nobody said any of this in January when justifying the Carroll sale?

Exactly, David. Funny that. Back then it was all about "great deal, this money will make us so much stronger" and now suddenly that's off the agenda and we're idiots and "anti-Ashley" for wanting them to spend it.

Guest BooBoo

We were never going to spend £35million this window. Not excusing Ashley at all, but it was trotted out nigh on straight away that the cash would go on fees and wages. Considering that, we've already spent a hefty chunk on the contracts for the three new lads.

I'm more concerned with who we bring in, rather than how much we spend. Bring in a left back, striker and left sided midfielder, limit outgoings to Enrique and I'll be relatively optimistic that we'll be able to push on next season.

Guest Heneage

Again though, there's no way wages should be factored into a transfer budget give the price of tickets and the annual TV payment. Don't get me wrong I'm more concerned about the quality of player we sign rather than how much of the Carroll money we spend, but I still agree with Wullie on this point.

Yes and what about the fact we paid Premier League wages in 09-10. Some money will have had to go on covering that which I bet won't have been cheap. Yes he's a penny pincher but it's this constant drivel about 'spending the 35m'. We've signed 3 good players already with 2 months to go, I'm happy.