Twitter nonsense

Thespence

Guest Heneage

Is he not saying we are potentially envious that they've reinvested we haven't? Hardly a crazy statement quite apt in some corners.

True, but I haven't noticed the tiniest spark of jealousy over Sunderland on this forum so far. And I reckon that's because despite their expenditure, they haven't moved significantly forward.

True.

I mean looking at their transfers they've not really spent much more than us. Non-story I guess.

Is he not saying we are potentially envious that they've reinvested we haven't? Hardly a crazy statement quite apt in some corners.

True, but I haven't noticed the tiniest spark of jealousy over Sunderland on this forum so far. And I reckon that's because despite their expenditure, they haven't moved significantly forward.

Seriously? I was sure everyone was gutted we hadn't signed talents such as Wes Brown, David Vaughan and Gok Wan.

Thought Luke Edwards would know better, having worked up here until recently...

In contrast, although Ashley has pumped in more than £110m of his own money – in the form of interest free loans – to cover losses at Newcastle since he took over in 2007, and paid more than £250m to buy the club in the first place, he seems to be reluctant to continue bankrolling a loss making business out of his own personal fortune.

£134m purchase price wasn't it?

it was but he got caught out by (his own fault for not checking the books before hand) the loans been triggered by change in ownership so had to pay that off early enough

How did Luke Edwards get a job with the Times, he was one of the worst local journos, him and Ryder are embarrassing.

His job is with the Telegraph mate not The Times ;)

Aye of course, Caulkin writes for the Times.  Is a much better journo than Edwards as well.  Never liked him or Ryder!

Guest bimpy474

How did Luke Edwards get a job with the Times, he was one of the worst local journos, him and Ryder are embarrassing.

Aye of course, Caulkin writes for the Times.  Is a much better journo than Edwards as well.  Never liked him or Ryder!

Reading between the lines of what they write/twaat.......its looks like if they ask or write anything derogatory or critical about the club or owner they will get banned from press conferences, being as thick skinned as Ashley and Lambarse have been that seems a bit precious, tbf to Caulkin, Edwards and Ryder it must be a balancing act, i've no doubt that all of them would love to ask more searching questions but just dont dare.

Reading between the lines of what they write/twaat.......its looks like if they ask or write anything derogatory or critical about the club or owner they will get banned from press conferences, being as thick skinned as Ashley and Lambarse have been that seems a bit precious, tbf to Caulkin, Edwards and Ryder it must be a balancing act, i've no doubt that all of them would love to ask more searching questions but just dont dare.

Shhh, no rationality allowed on here!

Guest bimpy474

Shhh, no rationality allowed on here!

Oh yeah  :doh:

I always laugh when I see the, 'it's his own fault for not checking the books' line like. Where would we have been had he looked, said no, and we'd have been left with Freddie and hemorrhaging £30m a year?

He knew about most of the debt anyway, what he didn't know was that he'd have to pay off the £44 million loan within days of buying the club.  He also didn't know that we had spent the Northern Rock and Adidas money up front yet still showed it in the accounts as future income.

There was a period were every Edwards article eluded to Enrique 'defintely' going, like he was some sort of ITK, pretty obvious like.  His facts are often totally wrong, unless they're just typos, hard to tell as there is usually so many in every piece he writes.  Him and Ryder constantly saying the opposite grew a bit tiresome as well, pretty much the same paper I thought (don't live in the NE) does the Journal and Chronicle hate each other or something?  I also found he was a bit of a bell end on twitter compared to the other journos.

Still, you certainly have a point about them having a difficult balancing act, a lot of repetitive, not very informative articles.

That's sort of my point. Doubt anyone.else would have touched us, he wouldn't have done you'd imagine if he'd done things properly and we'd have still had Shepherd...who actually did take cash from the club

We might have ended up with the Man City owners if we hadn't got Ashley because we would have been financially well and truly in the shit by the time they were looking for a club.  Hall and Shepherd would have been even more desperate to leave at that time because they had no way of financing the club as we had the credit crunch which made borrowing almost impossible.

Others like Leeds could have thought the same thing. The fact we would have been relying on something to happen which has only happened to a couple of clubs suggests that was risky. I can by all means see why he gets abuse, but we're lucky he dived straight in else we could have been in a helluva lot worse a position.

Others like Leeds could have thought the same thing. The fact we would have been relying on something to happen which has only happened to a couple of clubs suggests that was risky. I can by all means see why he gets abuse, but we're lucky he dived straight in else we could have been in a helluva lot worse a position.

Agreed.

Guest bimpy474

Aye of course, Caulkin writes for the Times.  Is a much better journo than Edwards as well.  Never liked him or Ryder!

There was a period were every Edwards article eluded to Enrique 'defintely' going, like he was some sort of ITK, pretty obvious like.  His facts are often totally wrong, unless they're just typos, hard to tell as there is usually so many in every piece he writes.  Him and Ryder constantly saying the opposite grew a bit tiresome as well, pretty much the same paper I thought (don't live in the NE) does the Journal and Chronicle hate each other or something?  I also found he was a bit of a bell end on twitter compared to the other journos.

Still, you certainly have a point about them having a difficult balancing act, a lot of repetitive, not very informative articles.

Hopefully someone on here might enlighten us in more detail/knowledge of this, but surely when in a job like what Edwards and the other journos have, they must have a certain amount of space in the paper to fill as part of their job, and when you cover us it must be a nightmare with the lack of detail to come out of the club, so i reckon thats where the repetition comes from, i suppose i'm sticking up for them a bit but trying to get info from our club as we have seen is so hard, when one of the journos get something it must be like goldust to them.

The Chronicle / Journal different views on the same story on the same day is quite bizarre at times, one upmanship i reckon.

Guest Wally_McFool

Its gone very quiet on the "Colin" twitter front. (thats cwarr07 to those that don't know!)

Has he deleted his account as promised after the non arrival of Gervinho and has he paid his £100 to the Sir Bob fund as he also promised

Cant find out for meself cos he blocked me weeks ago.

Its gone very quiet on the "Colin" twitter front. (thats some tosser on Twitter (what a massive mug I am for even posting this) to those that don't know!)

Has he deleted his account as promised after the non arrival of Gervinho and has he paid his £100 to the Sir Bob fund as he also promised

He hasn't deleted it, and he is still satisfying his dellusional mind with bullshit that some people believe.

Its gone very quiet on the "Colin" twitter front. (thats some tosser on Twitter (what a massive mug I am for even posting this) to those that don't know!)

He hasn't deleted it, and he is still satisfying his dellusional mind with bullshit that some people believe.

He had the front the other day to ridicule someone who reckoned they had a contact at the jesmond Dene

House hotel.

That's Colin, who pretended to be out with Kenneth Shepherd and his girlfriend a couple of weeks back - and she tweeted it was utter bollox. The night before, he'd tweeted a pic of Kenneth Shepherd's car. It wasn't Kenneth Shepherd's...

Truly pitiful that people are still asking him for info. I'm still waiting for the player he said we'd signed almost three weeks ago to appear.