Twitter nonsense

Thespence

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc Will have some positive news on the striker/left-back slot tomorrow in @EveningChron and Journal - again, team spirit is GOOD here...

7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

:frantic:

I swear Ryder has no idea what he's talking about.  Spirit in and around the club is not good.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc Will have some positive news on the striker/left-back slot tomorrow in @EveningChron and Journal - again, team spirit is GOOD here...

I swear Ryder has no idea what he's talking about.  Spirit in and around the club is not good.

Source?

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Source?

Scout at the club.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Source?

Scout at the club.

Can you elaborate on what he told you?  Any details?

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

I swear Ryder has no idea what he's talking about.  Spirit in and around the club is not good.

Ryder works for the club. All he does is peddle their shite.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Source?

Scout at the club.

Explained this in another thread.

The guy's been at the club for over a decade.  He says there've been two times when the atmosphere was fantastic in the club: under Sir Bobby and under Hughton.  He says Hughton had brought back an atmosphere were everyone wanted to come into training, get on the pitch and get playing. 

Now he's never blamed Pardew for the loss of that, but I think it was the sacking of Hughton alienated everyone so much.  Even the scout is trying to get to Birmingham to join up with Hughton again.

He says it's not pleasant in there at the minute.

Loved Hughton and what he did for us, but some of these players need their heads tested if they reckon that sort of atmosphere is going to be replicated at every club. I've no doubt people enjoyed playing for Hughton but circumstances don't always dictate that that atmosphere translates to success on the pitch. I'm sure the 'team spirit' would have come under pressure had there been a few more West Brom-like results.

No question in my mind that had we spent £30mil on a trophy signing none of this negativity would have surfaced in the first place.

Guest Antec

LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards

#lfc interest in Enrique has "cooled" apparently. Not sure he's gd enough defensively & already on 46k a week, so worried abt demands #nufc

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

:dowie:

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Source?

Scout at the club.

The guy's been at the club for over a decade.  He says there've been two times when the atmosphere was fantastic in the club: under Sir Bobby and under Hughton.  He says Hughton had brought back an atmosphere were everyone wanted to come into training, get on the pitch and get playing. 

Now he's never blamed Pardew for the loss of that, but I think it was the sacking of Hughton alienated everyone so much.  Even the scout is trying to get to Birmingham to join up with Hughton again.

I've heard the same from someone with contacts with a player and that it was Hughton's sacking that changed things.

LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards

#lfc interest in Enrique has "cooled" apparently. Not sure he's gd enough defensively & already on 46k a week, so worried abt demands #nufc

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

:dowie:

I've yet to see a right winger get the better of Enrique over 90 minutes.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Source?

Scout at the club.

I doubt many would disagree that the team spirit was right up there under Hughton. A dip in spirit doesn't necessarily make it shit though - merely not as good as it was. Then consider maybe this scout has personal issues, maybe he's not happy so sees everything in a bleak light.  :shrug: