How good would we actually be if we got Gervinho/gameiro/Nzogbia - All of them?

Guest Flatline

N'zog, Gamiero and Gervihno in must surely mean Barton, Jonas a couple others out. I'm almost certain Jonas is going because I dont believe he'll fit into whatever type of system pardew is trying to create. Can see nolan going as well without a replacement on a purley wage slimming exercise.

Obviously massive assumption here, we're definitely getting a striker, gervihno seems to be a goer and idont buy into the explanation that nzog is a back up for gervhino. Makes no sense to bid for now  unless its a season ticket selling ploy.

I mean, in the unlikely case Ashley said fuck it - lets just sign all of them, and the summer looked like this:

IN:

N`zogbia

Gameiro

Gervinho

Cabaye

Mehdi Abeid

M`bengue ( if enrique goes)

Coupled with Tiote, a fit Ben Arfa, Gosling back in shape...

The squad would have a depth rivalling some of the best clubs in PL...

How far could such a squad go?

Just masturbating a bit mentally here....

What you reckon?

Rivalling the best clubs in the world more like it

There's a place for Jonas against the bigger teams.

There is but of all the players who you look at as expendable wages wise he'd be close to top of your list. I imagine they see ferguson as a ready made replacement.

I think somebody mentioned the other day, it would make selling Andy Carroll look like the best move the club's ever made.

That said, offering cash for players and actually signing them are two very different things.

There is but of all the players who you look at as expendable wages wise he'd be close to top of your list. I imagine they see ferguson as a ready made replacement.

No he would not. Not a huge Jonas fan, but that's a preposterous statement.

No he would not. Not a huge Jonas fan, but that's a preposterous statement.

:lol:  "Preposterous"

The way i read it for the record is that he'll be on a decent wedge and wont fit into the system we seem to be playing. With that being the case i dont see the club willing to pay first team wages to bench players, especially when there's a young 'un waiting in the wings. Pun intended.

He wouldnt be the player i'd want to sell but i can easily see it being the way the club thinks. Please, feel free to agree.

Basically, with the new potential system, he's the only first teamer who doesnt fit in.

Thing is we have to pay 'first team wages' for our bench players if we ever want to achieve anything in this league. A couple of injuries and we could be on to 4-5 games without a win, it's happened before, and it'll happen again if we keep trying to replace our first teamers with youth and s**** every time theres an injury.

Ferguson isn't Jonas.

Good spot.  :thup:

Point stands then.

You're point is an absurd joke, frankly. There must be half a dozen players on similar wages to Jonas to contribute less than half what he does.