Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Sky reporting that Galatasary (sp) will be bidding for him, before the end of the month.

So why are they waiting?  :lol:

Never understand this, he is apparently available for a set fee so instead of trying to get in early and completed before anyone else these clubs are waiting till the last minute to save £40k?

He would be in a much better bargaining position if clubs waited last minute and all bid at once.

Guest bimpy474

Sky reporting that Galatasary (sp) will be bidding for him, before the end of the month.

So why are they waiting?  :lol:

Never understand this, he is apparently available for a set fee so instead of trying to get in early and completed before anyone else these clubs are waiting till the last minute to save £40k?

He would be in a much better bargaining position if clubs waited last minute and all bid at once.

Aye it makes no sense, actually i believe most of stuff we read is 99% made up bullshit anyhoo.

Guest VaVaVoom

Fwiw i think he will be gone come the 1st of August. I wouldnt be too bothered neither.

Thanks for the goals and the 7mil Demba. Good luck and enjoy your massive contract.

We however go and bring in a new more versatile striker which we improve our already good 4321 system rather than tryin to find a way for him to work in it.

Fwiw i think he will be gone come the 1st of August. I wouldnt be too bothered neither.

Thanks for the goals and the 7mil Demba. Good luck and enjoy your massive contract.

We however go and bring in a new more versatile striker which we improve our already good 4321 system rather than tryin to find a way for him to work in it.

Seek help

Again I can agree with VaVaVoom somewhat. Ba isn´t a starter for me right now, and to be honest I´m really questioning his moral to be the second option.

That said I wouldn´t really want him to go. We need every player we got, and somewhere Ba is a good player. And it´s nice to have some option to chance style or when Cissé is missing or isn´t having a great day.

But to say that Ba is performing right now, like 90 % seems to think, is just something I can´t agree with.

:idiot2:

Again I can agree with VaVaVoom somewhat. Ba isn´t a starter for me right now, and to be honest I´m really questioning his moral to be the second option.

That said I wouldn´t really want him to go. We need every player we got, and somewhere Ba is a good player. And it´s nice to have some option to chance style or when Cissé is missing or isn´t having a great day.

But to say that Ba is performing right now, like 90 % seems to think, is just something I can´t agree with.

Squad? Try to google...

I say WowWowWum. Ba is a quality striker and i hope he stays, just because he lost his form for the second part of the season doesn't mean he isn't a very good striker.

Having said that we very much need another. Maybe not a realistic chance of it happening but Remy would be the PERFECT one for us.

You wouldn't be bothered about losing a proven goal scorer, a player who is very strong athletically and a player who also has great technique with the ball?

Ba is versatile, though. He has shown through his career that he can play as a front man, off the striker, on the left and the right. We would not need to 'work in' a fit and confident Demba Ba.

Ba played about 3 or 4 games where he did actually look quite poor (had a really strange inability to control a ball) but on the whole played well as part of the attack if no longer the main man.

His ludicrous goalscoring form for the first half of the season has really come back to hit him on the arse, not for anything he has done wrong but for the few who can't see anything good other than goals from a striker.

Can't quite understand the vitriol directed towards VaVaVoom and those who agree with his views. So fuck if that's what they think? People are coming across as knobs not accepting others' views tbh.

For me July 31st can't come and go fast enough. Ba has given the illusion that he's nailed his flag to the mast, but even Pardew it seems isn't quite sure whether he'll have him for next season or not. I think our search for a striker (or two) is hanging in the balance until the Ba situation is finalized one way or the other. If the club wanted to keep him that badly they would have offered him a new contract that does away with this wretched clause. It seems that they are not fussed either way at the moment. I think Ba is a top top striker that we will struggle to replace, and I hope to fuck he stays. He holds the keys to his future though, and not NUFC, and it's not a situation I'm too comfortable with.

Can't quite understand the vitriol directed towards VaVaVoom and those who agree with his views. So fuck if that's what they think? People are coming across as knobs not accepting others' views tbh.

For me July 31st can't come and go fast enough. Ba has given the illusion that he's nailed his flag to the mast, but even Pardew it seems isn't quite sure whether he'll have him for next season or not. I think our search for a striker (or two) is hanging in the balance until the Ba situation is finalized one way or the other. If the club wanted to keep him that badly they would have offered him a new contract that does away with this wretched clause. It seems that they are not fussed either way at the moment. I think Ba is a top top striker that we will struggle to replace, and I hope to fuck he stays. He holds the keys to his future though, and not NUFC, and it's not a situation I'm too comfortable with.

He is advocating replacing Ba with Sammy Ameobi, can you honestly not see why he is getting stick?

If someone said we should replace Krul with Elliot because Elliot looks to pass the ball to a defender rather than hoof it would you not laugh and comment on their post?

Can't quite understand the vitriol directed towards VaVaVoom and those who agree with his views. So f*** if that's what they think? People are coming across as knobs not accepting others' views tbh.

For me July 31st can't come and go fast enough. Ba has given the illusion that he's nailed his flag to the mast, but even Pardew it seems isn't quite sure whether he'll have him for next season or not. I think our search for a striker (or two) is hanging in the balance until the Ba situation is finalized one way or the other. If the club wanted to keep him that badly they would have offered him a new contract that does away with this wretched clause. It seems that they are not fussed either way at the moment. I think Ba is a top top striker that we will struggle to replace, and I hope to f*** he stays. He holds the keys to his future though, and not NUFC, and it's not a situation I'm too comfortable with.

He is advocating replacing Ba with Sammy Ameobi, can you honestly not see why he is getting stick?

So what man? He's not saying Sammy is a better footballer in that. His point is that Sammy will be a lot happier (it seems) to play on the left, and will relish the role far more than Ba might. It's not a cut and dry situation.

Ba's knees are also a lurking ghost that could put a monkey wrench in our season if the situation isn't addressed by finding a player or two that could cover for that possibility should we get to keep him.

All he wants is goals, he'll likely play wherever if he feels hes doing himself justice. Cisse just took his limelight & his missed pen at Sunderland prob knocked his confidence.

Fresh season again now, we've seen what the lad can do. He wont get his form back on the bench, we could have a ridiculous strikeforce with these two. Hopefully Pards sorts it out for the best.