Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest Howaythetoon

I like Cisse and he's a quality player but he is so limited its unreal. He's basically a hard working Owen type who plays on the last shoulder, and needs regular service. Ask anything else of him and he struggles. Ba is the complete centre-forward in terms of being able to do numerous jobs and roles.

I don't know about that man, in his time here last season it looked as though he could do pretty much everything. He's a finisher first and foremost, but he has more to his game than that.

Agree Rev

Ba attributes

Good strike

Good in the air

Holds it up well

Cisse attributes

2 footed

Great finisher

Instinctive

Quick

Cisse is the better player

Cisse cannot play in a forward 2 or alongside Ba. Ba can play alongside Cisse or in a forward 2 and scores goals. Ba is the better player. I kn ow who I'd rather have anyway. Not that this should be Ba vs Cisse, I want us to keep all our top players, our number 9 and 19 being such players.

Oh and its not Ba limiting our play, its the f***ing idiot in the dugout and his tactics.

Ba and his clause have been systematically undermining AP since the summer

"Play me centrally, keep me happy and I might not leave"

"Play me left with Papiss getting all of the glory and I'm off"

anybody whinger over him need to get a f***ing grip- look at the league table- hes been contributing to s*** results- f*** him- may as well try and change- I think cisse will be better, and results will improve.

:facepalm:

anybody whinger over him need to get a f***ing grip- look at the league table- hes been contributing to s*** results- f*** him- may as well try and change- I think cisse will be better, and results will improve.

This is just pathetic.

Oh and its not Ba limiting our play, its the f***ing idiot in the dugout and his tactics.

you think he has contributed to good results? ??? :lol:

We've been over this specific point before, so not going into this again. My post was in reply to people stating Ba was holding players like Krul, Colo, Cabaye and Ben Arfa back, which is quite frankly bullshit. Demba Ba's versatility meant we could play any system/formation we wanted with him up top and he would stick most chances that came his way in the net. Not sure what more you'd expect a striker to do. Surely hope Cisse is capable of just that when we'll be pinning all our hopes on him to score the goals to keep us up.

If anything, we're snookered if we can't get the 433/451 to work for us in terms of being more solid defensively (which has to be a real worry after what we've seen this season whenever we've deployed that system), as we'll be stuck with a 10 million forward who can only play central on his own and is fairly useless outside of that formation.

Ba's versatility is really a moot point as he refuses to play anywhere else :lol:

Anyway i don't think there's a great deal of difference between Ba and Cisse as central strikers i personally believe with Ba in the middle with Ben Arfa and Remy either side of him ( for example) we would be successful and same with Cisse instead of Ba.

The point really is that Ba and Cisse can't co-exist so it's one or the other and as i said it was always obvious what the board would do.

I agree Ba wasn't holding Cabaye and the likes back.... hoofing and 4-4-2 was doing that, i also agree my main concern is being more solid defensively hopefully signing Debuchy and a CB will help in that regard.

I don't really agree with it all i'm just why its happened as said before i would have liked to seen Ba stay and rotate with Cisse for a central spot and buy a couple of wide players but that wasn't going to happen.

I know it seems i'm very casual about the whole situation but that's because Cisse has been limited all season firstly by tactics and then by his position and i believe with him going back to the centre will result in a glut of goals.

I'm also confident that a forward in the mould of Remy will be brought in i know that's dangerous under this regime but i don't believe Ashley will risk the possibility of relegation with all that TV money coming in.

You could say this s**** about any one of our players. It's literally meaningless.

"look at the league table- Colo's been contributing to shit results- fuck him"

Dribbler.

This just gets worse and worse. Should we just fire all our players as they have contributed to bad results? Fact is very few of our so called purple players have played to their ability this season, and Ba just happens to be one of the few who have.

Guest Howaythetoon

:lol:

You cannot be serious man.

Either way, if that is the case, then our manager is a spineless c*** who for the sake of one player has neglected everyone else and all to the detriment of our play which is err.... basically what I said anyway.

Meanwhile... 13 goals from Ba!

Deadly serious

Why else would he change last seasons winning formula

Winning formula? We played 4-4-2 almost throughout as we have done this season. Only on a handful of occasions did we play 4-3-3.

Again... Ba = goals.

This just gets worse and worse. Should we just fire all our players as they have contributed to bad results? Fact is very few of our so called purple players have played to their ability this season, and Ba just happens to be one of the few who have.

of course you cant fire all your players for being shit- but you can let the ones go who want away- who you have tried to accomodate- that has resulted in 20 points from half a season.

I like Cisse and he's a quality player but he is so limited its unreal. He's basically a hard working Owen type who plays on the last shoulder, and needs regular service. Ask anything else of him and he struggles. Ba is the complete centre-forward in terms of being able to do numerous jobs and roles.

I don't know about that man, in his time here last season it looked as though he could do pretty much everything. He's a finisher first and foremost, but he has more to his game than that.

Agree Rev

Ba attributes

Good strike

Good in the air

Holds it up well

Cisse attributes

2 footed

Great finisher

Instinctive

Quick

Don't agree with that.

Ba's strength has always been off the ball, making great intelligent runs, timing his runs to a tee thus getting on the end of things , i.e scoring , finishing, and he's good in the air.  To emphasise that more, he is a good asset defending corners most often running back to do some donkey work heading balls out which not all strikers does.  He works hard for the team when it comes to effort and graft.

On the ball however is another story, bad decision making, taking far too long to decide what to do with the ball in procession, can't hold the ball up, and basically doing his usually trying to spinoff his marker run towards goal but 95 percent of the time losing the ball or gets fouled or he falls over.

anybody whinger over him need to get a fucking grip- look at the league table- hes been contributing to shit results- fuck him- may as well try and change- I think cisse will be better, and results will improve.

He's been one of the only pulling his weight. Do we sell the whole team because none of them can have been contributing given where we are in the table.

He was the joint top scorer until today (I think).

Guest Howaythetoon

of course you cant fire all your players for being s***- but you can let the ones go who want away- who you have tried to accomodate- that has resulted in 20 points from half a season.

Ba has largely contributed mostly to most of them points.

anybody whinger over him need to get a fucking grip- look at the league table- hes been contributing to shit results- fuck him- may as well try and change- I think cisse will be better, and results will improve.

He's been one of the only pulling his weight. Do we sell the whole team because none of them can have been contributing given where we are in the table.

I think with ba in the middle- we havent scored enough goals to get more then 20 points from half a season.

I agree with the post a few above. Ba AND Cisse won't form a working partnership. Two very similar players wanting to play their own way.

I'd be happy with one or the other. But, def going to weaken an already weak squad unless the right type of replacement is bought. (Not seen anything of Remy if that comes off.)

A pity the manager couldn't get it right with the front two and the fact our defence has imploded completely will make Ba's decision a shit load easier.

Guest Howaythetoon

Agree Rev

Ba attributes

Good strike

Good in the air

Holds it up well

Cisse attributes

2 footed

Great finisher

Instinctive

Quick

Don't agree with that.

Ba's strength has always been off the ball, making great intelligent runs, timing his runs to a tee thus getting on the end of things , i.e scoring , finishing, and he's good in the air.

On the ball however is another story, bad decision making, taking far too long to decide what to do with the ball in procession, can't hold the ball up, and basically doing his usually trying to spinoff his marker run towards goal but 95 percent of the time losing the ball or gets fouled or he falls over.

I disagree, he was immense at Arsenal holding the ball up, winning it, shielding it, using quick feet and close control. He was the same away to Liverpool too. He can look clumsy and play in that style but overall his general on the ball game is decent as is his all-round game. I think his biggest weakness is his vision and passing, he can be very sloppy when trying to play the ball and when it comes to spotting others' runs or a pass, he struggles at times.

We've been over this specific point before, so not going into this again. My post was in reply to people stating Ba was holding players like Krul, Colo, Cabaye and Ben Arfa back, which is quite frankly bullshit. Demba Ba's versatility meant we could play any system/formation we wanted with him up top and he would stick most chances that came his way in the net. Not sure what more you'd expect a striker to do. Surely hope Cisse is capable of just that when we'll be pinning all our hopes on him to score the goals to keep us up.

If anything, we're snookered if we can't get the 433/451 to work for us in terms of being more solid defensively (which has to be a real worry after what we've seen this season whenever we've deployed that system), as we'll be stuck with a 10 million forward who can only play central on his own and is fairly useless outside of that formation.

Ba's versatility is really a moot point as he refuses to play anywhere else :lol:

Anyway i don't think there's a great deal of difference between Ba and Cisse as central strikers i personally believe with Ba in the middle with Ben Arfa and Remy either side of him ( for example) we would be successful and same with Cisse instead of Ba.

The point really is that Ba and Cisse can't co-exist so it's one or the other and as i said it was always obvious what the board would do.

I agree Ba wasn't holding Cabaye and the likes back.... hoofing and 4-4-2 was doing that, i also agree my main concern is being more solid defensively hopefully signing Debuchy and a CB will help in that regard.

I don't really agree with it all i'm just why its happened as said before i would have liked to seen Ba stay and rotate with Cisse for a central spot and buy a couple of wide players but that wasn't going to happen.

I know it seems i'm very casual about the whole situation but that's because Cisse has been limited all season firstly by tactics and then by his position and i believe with him going back to the centre will result in a glut of goals.

I'm also confident that a forward in the mould of Remy will be brought in i know that's dangerous under this regime but i don't believe Ashley will risk the possibility of relegation with all that TV money coming in.

Ba's versatility is not a moot point. It allows us to play one or two strikers up top, which Cisse's lack of versatility apparently does not.

Also, Ba may not want to play in a position that he does not enjoy and feels does not allow him to contribute as much as he can. I don't think that's unreasonable. How would Cabaye cope with being played at left back for half a season, or Colo at left wing? I think you can ask a player to help out for a short while in case of injuries or other unforeseen circumstances, but not for month after month and even after we've had a transfer window to rectify any emergency that may have been there.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ba has the intelligence to form a partnership with Cisse just not the desire.

I don't get this form of thinking? Why?

If there was any way of keeping Demba beyond paying him silly wages  then I'd be entirely for that, he's been a fantastic for us. However the club has virtually no say in the matter beyond the powers of persuasion that have obviously failed. We're not stronger for losing him and quite frankly how thin our squad is we still seem to be operating a one out one in policy for reasons that are beyond me.

Having said all that, since there is no power on heaven or earth that will keep Ba where he is at least the week in week out ba transfer talk and winging about playing on the wing will go. Cisse will rediscover his form fingers crossed and Remy will come in and be good.

I think with ba in the middle- we havent scored enough goals to get more then 20 points from half a season.

Not sure how Ba can be blamed for that given he has scored most of our goals but fair enough.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fuck off greedy prick

@Sky_PhilForster: Been informed by sources very close to #cfc that Demba Ba having a scan tomorrow

#nufc