Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I wonder if there is much of a difference between club medicals?

Ba failed Stoke medical but passed ours and must have passed West Ham medical, how much damage will it do to him if he fails a Chelsea medical.

Would leave MA in a really strong position over contract negotiations.

Not to sure Beni will be told about signings though, he won't be there next season

Gutted he's leaving like.

Need to make sure we bring in Remy and Pardew has no excuses not to play 4-3-3.

I've a feeling if he does go no replacement will be brought in - hence Shola not being allowed to go to ACN.

So much for my post last night. Obviously, Chelsea are one of those clubs who would be willing to pay silly money for a player if they think the player's worth it and they definitely have the means to meet Ba's (and his agents') demands. Ba's knee could yet end up being the stumbling block though. You could even say that Ba's agents could end up asking for too much...

So yep, I'm still holding out hope that he stays. Having said that, this has come about rather quickly so it is very plausible that they could sort out everything by the end of next week so it looks like Ba's swansong could be that of the Everton game.

If he does go, I won't hold any ill-feelings towards him - he was instrumental to our successful season last year after all. Whilst his attitude recently has been rather questionable, he has still done the job he was paid to do - to score goals. I'll miss him.

Neesy has puddled Tron's mind.  :lol:

I still can't get used to him not being with Liverpool. f***ing hell :lol:

Easy mistake to make what with it only being 2 and a half years.

I've done worse tbf

Surprised that Demba Ba isn't receiving a bit more criticism here. (And criticism is what it should be. He's not deserving of some daft abuse.)

Why exactly is he leaving? He's playing in his favoured position and is scoring goals. Alright, maybe we're not preforming well as a team, but so what? He's part of  that team.

People mentioning that he was a free transfer and therefore we should be grateful for what he did for us (agree with that part), but let's just remember that it was Ba on the phone who was pleading with Pardew to sign him-up for NUFC. The favour is mutual, imo.

He's going to a team that wins things, if it was QPR I would have been first in line to shoot him with shit but can you blame a player for wanting to play for a team who will challenge for stuff?

Oh, let's just bow down every time that a bigger clubs tries to pinch our players then. :lol:

Why does he have to to leave? You can't bring-up that excuse that you've just mentioned because Ba was linked with moves away for nearly a year now. Are you telling me that 6 months into his NUFC career he suddenly decided that he actually wants to move to bigger things? (Even though we were doing well in the league at the time)

Nope, it's nothing to do with that. There's a clause there and him, and his agents, know that this is a great opportunity to make big money for themselves.

I'd seriously question your judgement if you can't see that money the biggest issue here.

Obviously he will get more money but he is going to a club who will challenge for stuff, you're questioning my judgement because you can't understand why a player would leave to join a club who are likely to win things? ???

No. I'm questioning your judgement because you seem to be naive to the extreme in not believing that money is a major motivating factor for Ba to leave. And when I say "leave", the size of the club he's leaving for is not the issue here. We all know that talks of Ba leaving started surfacing nearly a year ago now and therefore I don't accept that Ba, 6 months into his first NUFC season, suddenly decided that he wanted to better himself. Especially after we know that he was desperate to come here in the first place.

Anyway, I'm wondering why Shay Given is still receiving abuse and insults on here? (Don't agree with it, btw) He left us in similar circumstances to this one and signed for an equally ambitious club.

Given refused to play for us and forced his move, Ba played yesterday scoring 2 goals.

Quite a big difference iyam.

Refused to play?? According to who? :lol: What's your reasons for actually believing this, then? :lol:  Okay, if we can't provide facts, let's, at the least, simply use rationale and reason here-

Shay Given, during the press conference upon signing for City, revealed that the club (Obviously he means the NUFC hierarchy here) "made him do things that he didn't want to do". If I remember correctly, Given was declared "injured" by the club and missed a game just before he he signed for City.

Now, for whatever reason, you seem to believe that he refused to play, but it could be that the NUFC board simply lied about his availability status (perhaps to avoid any potential injuries ahead of the transfer.) Maybe this is what Given meant when he said NUFC ""made him do things that he didn't want to do". i,e by missing the game even though he was available? I don't know.... but I'm not holding either scenarios as facts...... I just know which party I'd rather believe. But it's up to you, fella. :memelol:

( Incidentally, Given made his City debut 7 days after signing for them. )