Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

This scenario is so predictable!  We sell carroll for £35m and are told it will all be spent on transfers in the summer.  We identify quality players, ie gameiro and gervinho, who turn us down.  So rather than going for another big name striker, we sign Demba BA on a free transfer.

It is panning out just as many said it would.  We make noises about signing quality players, but because we cant offer european footbal they will and have turned us down.

We will end up with a couple of decent signings but nothing to take us to the next level and the club will state that they tried to sign the best but they wouldn't come!  End result £15m tops spent but enrique, barton,jonas and nolan all gone and mike trousers about £40m!!!!  We fall for it every year, you would think we would learn but we don't!!!

7 goals in 12 matches is pretty class to be honest. And lets not forget its still mid june ffs. Have another 2 months before the league starts. Calm the fuck down.

This scenario is so predictable!  We sell carroll for £35m and are told it will all be spent on transfers in the summer.  We identify quality players, ie gameiro and gervinho, who turn us down.  So rather than going for another big name striker, we sign Demba BA on a free transfer.

It is panning out just as many said it would.  We make noises about signing quality players, but because we cant offer european footbal they will and have turned us down.

We will end up with a couple of decent signings but nothing to take us to the next level and the club will state that they tried to sign the best but they wouldn't come!  End result £15m tops spent but enrique, barton,jonas and nolan all gone and mike trousers about £40m!!!!  We fall for it every year, you would think we would learn but we don't!!!

Fuck off man.

Come 1st September, you'll maybe agree with him, though.

right so we shouldn't go for a good striker because he's on a free......

That notion always makes me laugh  ;D

Maybe, but I'm sick of reading that kind of speculative, negative, over-the-top, doom-theory shite. Keep it to the Chronicle's comment section.

Agree with that. Still, I don't think we'll be better off after the transfer window than before if we lose Joey, Jose and probably even Jonas.

No way we will replace all three with genuine quality players and no way we would bolster our squad in that case.

This scenario is so predictable!  We sell carroll for £35m and are told it will all be spent on transfers in the summer.  We identify quality players, ie gameiro and gervinho, who turn us down.  So rather than going for another big name striker, we sign Demba BA on a free transfer.

It is panning out just as many said it would.  We make noises about signing quality players, but because we cant offer european footbal they will and have turned us down.

We will end up with a couple of decent signings but nothing to take us to the next level and the club will state that they tried to sign the best but they wouldn't come!  End result £15m tops spent but enrique, barton,jonas and nolan all gone and mike trousers about £40m!!!!  We fall for it every year, you would think we would learn but we don't!!!

Fuck off man.

Seconded, load of absolute bollocks, typical though.

I think people would be more excited if we signed him for his original price of £7 million.

Exactly. His price is a misnomer really, he was a very highly rated striker before the West Ham saga.

What about the net spend? We can't possibly have progressed on the pitch if the net spend isn't high.

/agenda

Guest Bateman

Hi all, westham fan here.  Gutted to see Ba leave but all knew the score when he signed, looked great in the games I saw and had a real eye for goal. (esp compared to Cartlon Fing cole)

With a decent well organised team around him no reason why he cant bang them in for you. 

Manager does have an office at SJP If I remember last time I went on a ground tour (Bobby era). However, most daily business occurs at the training ground, so best place for it.

Plus it's less hectic.

Although four lane ends roundabout is a bit of a c***.  And dont get me started on the double one at South Gosforth.

Enough to put anyone off.

I failed my first driving test pn four lanes round about.

Me too! Right c*** it was. Dominate it now though.

First time round it made me its prison bitch.

Hi all, westham fan here.  Gutted to see Ba leave but all knew the score when he signed, looked great in the games I saw and had a real eye for goal. (esp compared to Cartlon Fing cole)

With a decent well organised team around him no reason why he cant bang them in for you. 

Thanks mate, good to hear. Hope Nolan does well for you as well.

With Ba, did you have any worries about his fitness at all?

Cheers mate, looking forward to seeing him play.

You've bought yourselves a leader and a player equivalent to Lampard in that division. Convinced you'll take to him, but I'd imagine after a year or two you'll begin to wonder if giving him a 5 year deal was such a great move.

Nice to hear!

Congratulations with Nolan, take care of him! Good player!