Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Because we got him for nowt, probably on a contract that favoured the club in terms of clauses, so he held the trump cards.

We didn't though, he got a large signing on fee and also large agent fees were paid (£2m-£3m combined apparently).  There's absolutely no way we'd then give him a low release clause were he then gets a further £4m by leaving, because that makes it a certainty he will.  Its bollocks IMO.

Makes no sense to me either :dontknow:

Was the Owen release clause thing ever confirmed btw? I remember it being something ridiculous like we could leave for £4m less than we paid for him after his first year.

I vaguely remember something about that, was that not just a mix up with regards to amortisation?  Just a guess, it may have been a real clause who knows.

Ba frustrated at attempts to move him on

By Scott Wilson

DEMBA Ba is growing increasingly frustrated with his representatives' attempts to tout him to alternative employers this summer, increasing hopes that he will remain at Newcastle United beyond the end of the transfer window.

Ba, whose future is uncertain because of the existence of a £7m buyout clause in his contract, has been linked with a growing number of clubs in recent weeks.

The likes of Tottenham, Galatasaray and Fenerbahce have all been credited with an interest in the Senegal international, although Newcastle officials are still to receive a single formal offer for his services.

The Magpies hierarchy believe Ba's name is being distributed around clubs by his various representatives, who stand to earn up to £3m if he leaves St James' Park this summer. Like a number of overseas players, Ba has a large group of associates who claim to be representing him in his affairs.

There is a growing sense of urgency to their dealings, as it is understood that Ba's buyout clause expires on July 31, meaning there is little more than a month in which a cut-price deal can take place.

The unknown quantity all summer has been Ba's position, and as he prepares to return to work following a summer break, Newcastle boss Alan Pardew will make a frank discussion with the striker his number one priority.

He is hopeful of receiving a positive response as Ba is known to have grown increasingly frustrated with the constant speculation linking him with a move away from Tyneside.

Sources close to the 27-year-old claim he has not been agitating for a transfer and would like to stay at Newcastle for at least another season.

Ba scored 16 goals in 34 matches last term, and while he was disappointed to be moved to the left flank in the latter stages of the campaign to accommodate Papiss Cisse, he is happy with his blossoming partnership with his compatriot.

He is unhappy with some of the unsolicited discussions that have taken place behind his back and is hoping to conclusively resolve his situation before the start of pre-season training.

Meanwhile, German third division side FC Chemnitz have claimed they will host a pre-season friendly with Newcastle on Friday, July 13.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9779528.Ba_frustrated_at_attempts_to_move_him_on/

Guest BooBoo

Far too many cooks in the Ba situation. He should just sack them off tbh. It was a similar mob that took Gyan to play in the desert. Simply all about who will pay the most.

We've had this issue before anyway:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1453/55/exclusive-bas-camp-rubbish-claims-man-united-move

Demba Ba has denied reports he wants to leave Newcastle and insists he is not in talks with Manchester United.

Reports today claimed the Newcastle hitman, who has scored 15 Premier League goals already this season, is speaking to the Old Trafford club about a possible move.

But his management team have told talkSPORT he is going nowhere and stress that Armand Doorn, who has been quoted today in the papers, is not Ba’s agent.

Doorn was reported as saying: "A lot of clubs are calling for Demba. At this moment we are doing it [transfer negotiations] with his brother. Before we did it alone and now we do it with his brother.

"Obviously he is doing very well at Newcastle. He's not injured and a lot of clubs are showing interest, but there is nothing concrete at this moment.

"It is true Manchester United, but nothing concrete."

But a spokesman for Ba’s management team has rubbished those claims.

He told talkSPORT: “Armand Doorn is not Demba’s agent. Alex Gontran is the only person who can speak on his behalf and Newcastle have not had an offer for him.

“Demba feels good at Newcastle. He has just started something there. There is a release clause in his contract but the figure will remain confidential.

“If a club wants to speak to Demba, then they must go to Newcastle first. We respect the process.”

Demba Ba ‏@dembabafoot

Really, I don't know how desperate this "armand doorn" can be to talk like he's my agent!! He's nothing for me. Stop lying and show respect

8:57 AM - 11 Jan 12

If he is so upset by It sack the lot of them then

If he's that bothered by it, he could quickly put a stop to it all. To me, the fact it's still rumbling along, is indicative of an openness to offers/options.

He did very well for the first 2/3's of last season but I'd not be hugely fussed if he left, given the ongoing risk around his knee(s).

That's from January btw, I'm not saying it's the same guy now. Just that it seems to be a recurring theme with Ba.

As pointed out, he could resolve this to some degree himself but tbh it won't convince many so there's little point. He's been on holiday like the rest of the players.

If he is so upset by It sack the lot of them then

If he's that bothered by it, he could quickly put a stop to it all. To me, the fact it's still rumbling along, is indicative of an openness to offers/options.

He did very well for the first 2/3's of last season but I'd not be hugely fussed if he left, given the ongoing risk around his knee(s).

Not pretending I know how this all works but I assume his representatives get a cut of what he earns so if he wanted to agree a new contract removing the clause an agreement would have to be made with all the representatives. That could be why things are being held up.

This number of representatives thing is starting to be a pain in the arse, it's the apparent reason we pulled out of the Douglas deal isn't it? Also pretty sure we moved away from another target because of it. Players should have one agent to make the decisions (along with the player) and if required have advisers in other countries who can offer advice when required but have fuck all influence in the overall decision making.

That's from January btw, I'm not saying it's the same guy now. Just that it seems to be a recurring theme with Ba.

As pointed out, he could resolve this to some degree himself but tbh it won't convince many so there's little point. He's been on holiday like the rest of the players.

True, and anyway, he's not really responsible for what semi-random people say and then what the press decide to do with it.

Let's just see, I'm still fairly confident he'll be a Newcastle player next season.

Guest Tyson

Among this reported multi-party representation it would be interesting to know if his family (ie. immediate family: a opportunistic brother, cousin etc) has a vested & direct financial interest in his movement/s in the player market.

The Anelka brothers ran a profitable business, back in the day when Anelka (their meal ticket) was an expensive frequent flyer  in the market ie. when he was a moody prodigy, and an addictive curiosity for big spending clubs.

Ba is a late bloomer. If so (ie. just one family relation among the aforementioned multi-party representation), he is at the peak of his powers (with one last move with a bumper payday due), Ba is as good as gone.

For similar reasoning I'd be shocked if Sow (another  late bloomer) remains at Fenerbache beyond the next Jan transfer window. Moussa's brother brokered that particular deal. The move to a lower tier league, and the fee certainly was a surprise. Too good a deal (for Fener) for such a hyped-up player. But there's a heap of red tape & extra baggage if he moves on from Fener ie. 20% sell-on cut for Lille. I place a hefty wager the said brother inserted a nice little booster (a Demba style of clause) for himself. Fenerbache will receive the short end  of the straw (fuck-all profit) in the event of a 10-15 sale, once the other interested parties take their cut.

I like your posts but why do you have a s*** as your avatar?

???

He's a Michelin starred chef man.

Pretty sure it's a turtle liver and wheat grass parfait.

Did someone already eat it?

I like your posts but why do you have a s*** as your avatar?

My thoughts exactly. Bad words make you banned but aweful pic dont get you any problems. It is disgusting to see this in this forum all the time. He need to take off his s*** out of our sight.  :angryfire:

Story about him leaving has no base... not worth to think about it IMO. We are going Europe next season. We need de jong also to add our squad i don't see he will replace Ba.

I hope you're right and should we lose Ba, I reckon we need two to come in. A striker and a versatile player capable of playing that wing-forward supporting role in a 4-3-3 or up front. Afterall we are said to be offloading Best and Ranger and have already let Lovenkrands go. Perhaps the hope is Sammy Ameobi or Ferguson will step up and Vuckic is also there but none of them are natural goalscorers.

Problem would be keeping Ba, Cisse and a new player (for example De Jong) happy. Cisse looks undroppable as things stand and I just don't see Mike Ashley forking out 10m (give or take) for a player who will rotate with Ba. He has to come up with a solution though because I doubt we'll be lucky enough next time around that Senegal bomb out of the ACoN so early and losing them for 6 weeks or so could have a massive impact on our season. So the fear is Ba will go, De Jong (or someone else) will be a direct replacement who can see us through the ACoN and during that period Shola (!), or a youngster will pair up with the new striker to see us through that period or we will go 4-3-3 with Gutierrez and Ben Arfa out wide. Given the long season ahead that wouldn't be good enough, espescially if the kids and Obertan are our only cover for injuries. Whatever way you look at it we need Ba plus a new forward or two new forwards, given we're set to lose 3 of our backup forwards this summer and Ba and Cisse for a chunk of the season.