Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest neesy111

I wonder if we're wanting to get expert analysis on the knee rather than from just our club doctor.

Both Gosling and Ireland passed medicals recently and played about 1 hour between them.

Medicals aren't about assessing injuries but finding out about long term medical problems. Ba's knee is clearly a cause for concern since he's failed medicals at Stuttgart and Stoke over the past two years.

What? Of course they assessing all injuries. The clubs doctors want to check it, and if i am not mistaken, something we have to do to insure the player...

What exactly is the problem with his knees like? Are they Ledley King-esque knees that limit his training and stuff?

I have no idea what state they are in but he has failed two medicals in the past though.

Ba's knee is fucked from previous botched operations from what i've read. bit like when RVN was about to join Man Utd and failed his medical, his knee could've gone at any time. with that mind the club might want certain safeguards ie pay as you play. there's also insurance factors.

Both Gosling and Ireland passed medicals recently and played about 1 hour between them.

Medicals aren't about assessing injuries but finding out about long term medical problems. Ba's knee is clearly a cause for concern since he's failed medicals at Stuttgart and Stoke over the past two years.

What? Of course they assessing all injuries. The clubs doctors want to check it, and if i am not mistaken, something we have to do to insure the player...

My point is they're not just about just looking at immediate injury concerns. Gosling and Ireland may have been crocked when they arrived but their problems are relatively short term, whereas Ba is 'fit' but has a long standing complaint.

Guessing the worry is how bad they'll be in 2 or 3 seasons time.

exactly, no point giving out a big contract if he could be fucked after one week of it. this deal was never likely to be straight forward, we have to do it on our terms to minimise the potential risk.

With out no concrete evidence changing thread title???? :facepalm:

"There is an issue about his medical, and there has been in the past.

"We've got to overcome those things, but hopefully he can join the club. I think he'll be a big success."

"He's a player that has a natural eye for a goal, my connections at West Ham are very good and I know everything about him.

"I'm pretty relaxed that he can be a success at Newcastle if we can get him but it's a big if at the moment because there are some big hurdles to get across."

:pow:

My point is they're not just about just looking at immediate injury concerns. Gosling and Ireland may have been crocked when they arrived but their problems are relatively short term, whereas Ba is 'fit' but has a long standing complaint.

:thup:

Then we agree