Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

3 goals in 11. Chelsea in crisis on so many levels.

Who wins again?

Now you done it, he's blatantly going to go on a run of scoring now.

:lol:

To be honest I think he'll probably prosper once they get a manager who has them playing better and picks him over Torres consistently.

Who wins again?

To be honest I think he'll probably prosper once they get a manager who has them playing better and picks him over Torres consistently.

That's true but I think in the Summer, they will want to bring in a big name striker who will have to play virtually every game and Ba will be back to the bench again. 

Who wins again?

That's true but I think in the Summer, they will want to bring in a big name striker who will have to play virtually every game and Ba will be back to the bench again. 

They'll also have Lukaku back who I think will have a big season fro them next year. Demba is gonna have to fight for his place, they have Moses too of course.

• 1 month later...
Guest Roger Kint

We're getting more points and actually playing better football, so I don't know how.

We had 20 points when he left and have 36 now. Don't agree with the better football stiff either  :(

Rather strange logic, 16 points in 12 league games is worse than 20 in 20 now?

We're getting more points and actually playing better football, so I don't know how.

We had 20 points when he left and have 36 now. Don't agree with the better football stiff either  :(

I'm not fully sure we'll get 5 more points from the next 5 games so it'll would just about even out.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm not fully sure we'll get 5 more points from the next 5 games so it'll would just about even out.

Either way at this time your wrong. Not that i think we will either mind :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

If we stay up, he's to thank as much as anyone. Highly ironic.

Definitely - without his goals we would have gone long ago. Can't quite believe he is still top scorer and he left at the start of January.

I also think we miss his personality.

He seemed to be one of the leaders when he was here. And unlike Cabaye, he doesn't disappear.

We need to look into bring in someone with leadership skills or just a character.

Siss, Anita, Marv, Debuchy, Haidara et al don't strike me as powerful characters.

Weirdly, despite results not being better, we are playing better football as in we are hoofing it less. We are still crap at retaining the ball but at least we are not plodding it up 50 yards. Still the age old problem of not having proper wingers like...

I still can't believe we didn't replace him, utter lunacy.

http://www.jarrowandhebburngazette.com/webimage/1.5407321.1360767611!/image/2754419115.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/2754419115.jpg

Gouffran was always seen as our replacement for Best in the squad IMO, i know they are different but long term i think the plan was buy Remy as Ba's replacement and Gouffran as the 3rd choice/impact from the bench.