Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

I have a bad feeling about him, the more I look at him, the more I find out, the less I want.

At least long would have resale value, if this guy bombs we will be stuck with him.

I have a bad feeling about him, the more I look at him, the more I find out, the less I want.

At least long would have resale value, if this guy bombs we will be stuck with him.

Doubt it, big 3 in Turkey have been after him for forever and a day. The limitations on foreign players there make him a valuable asset.

and if Long bombs we won't what we pay for him back

and if Long bombs we won't what we pay for him back

We would, as long as it's not anything over £5m Mark. Lots of teams interested in him, as long as he can cope, his age and pace will mean he's sellable for a few years yet.

Long did it in the championship, the step up is big, but easily bridged compared to a failing foreigner in a average league wanting out.

Doubt it, big 3 in Turkey have been after him for forever and a day. The limitations on foreign players there make him a valuable asset.

Are they in for him now? Can't remember if there was any interest in him from there. Probably be a good move for him.

Are they in for him now? Can't remember if there was any interest in him from there. Probably be a good move for him.

Lots of articles about Gala after him on Google news.

I don't understand how you can be so sceptical without ever seeing him play, though.

When did I say that?

I said to have faith in the scouts and managments judgement. He was once a highly rated player and stil has a lot of admirers, despite a recent slump (that has still seen him be their Player of the Season).

When did I say that?

I said to have faith in the scouts and managments judgement. He was once a highly rated player and stil has a lot of admirers, despite a recent slump (that has still seen him be their Player of the Season).

That's how you've reacted from me doubting him.

Probably why we're buying him then

Certainly don't think Shane Long would be a considerably better option, anyway.

Not considerably, safer IMO. If erding does come in and do well it will be a level above what long could do, but if he fails it will be pretty bad, while I think long will be a Best type of signing, surprise a few, pressure off  etc...

Who knows, football never pans out like you think it will be, I just don't want to take a plunge on a risky foreigner, we need proven consistent quality, even if it's just one player, we've got the money, the finishing touch is worth paying that extra for. (I'd only see long as a best type, not our main striker which is what erding ipwould be coming in as)

When did I say that?

That's how you've reacted from me doubting him.

No idea what you're going on about, mate. You've decided he's not good enough and shouldn't be signed despite never seeing him play, I'm saying to have faith in the better judgement of scouts who have watched him a long time. Never said he was going to to take the league by storm, but I trust he could make an impact if those making the decisions do.

Admittedly I've not seem a great deal but what I have seen of him I'm not over ally impressed with. Has pace, can run with the ball, shoots from silly angles, doesn't spot a pass, is very blinkered, has a powerful shot for a smallish lad. Then the reports of him choking in front of his own crowd, that just reminds me of bramble, it's not something easily fixed.

From the of hours you've seen of him, what is your take on him?

Just my two cents on Erding. He's a grafter, battles his arse off whenever I've seen him. He's quick, links up play well and isn't bad in the air either. Lost his confidence in front of goal big time second half of last season though.

Gala have been sniffing round him for a while too.

Cheers for the unnecessary sarcasm. I can't for the life of me ever remember seeing him play, and similarly I doubt you've watched him enough to make a proper judgement. The head-scout rates him, so does our regular Ligue 1 viewers and so does a Ligue 1 expert I've asked. It's not enough to make enough conclusive judgement on how he's going to do but there's little to write him off on either.

From the French reports I've watched about him on YT, it seems he is highly rated. One of the videos said that "Erdinç's record speaks for itself."

He did have a stinker last season by his standards, but he is gifted.

Cheers for the unnecessary sarcasm. I can't for the life of me ever remember seeing him play, and similarly I doubt you've watched him enough to make a proper judgement. The head-scout rates him, so does our regular Ligue 1 viewers and so does a Ligue 1 expert I've asked. It's not enough to make enough conclusive judgement on how he's going to do but there's little to write him off on either.

Well it's better than being so far up me own arse just to reply 'wat'  :lol:

I never said I had watched much of him, but they way you were going on I thought you must ave seen a fair few games.

When someones own fans don't rate them, then it is time to worry. How many times we heard outsiders rating smith andwere all like wtf? Maybe not so much now, but reputation can outlive a players ability.

Well it's better than being so far up me own arse just to reply 'wat'  :lol:

I never said I had watched much of him, but they way you were going on I thought you must ave seen a fair few games.

When someones own fans don't rate them, then it is time to worry. How many times we heard outsiders rating smith andwere all like wtf? Maybe not so much now, but reputation can outlive a players ability.

Disagree, it barely ever has any kind of correlation. Coventry fans laughed their tits off at us signing Bellamy.

Shane Long has had 1 good season in his entire career and that too in an inferior league - fail to see how he can be a better option than Erding

Depends if Long comes in as a second striker for £5m or Erding for £10m as your main striker. Double the wages as well.

I think the major difference between the two is PACE. Looks to me like Pards wants to inject some decent pace into the side and is getting rid of the average paced players and replacing them with players with more fizz.

I would also probably prefer the gamble on Erding to Long, Erding has had a couple of great seasons and one crap season whilst Long has been mr average until last year...

Just my 2pence worth.