Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Baffled how everyone can rate Best so highly, I have to say.

Not highly, but he's better than the rest of the rot we have and at this moment

I'd agree I guess, but that's not particularly difficult.

I think any striker who's started his PL career with 6 goals in 10 starts - and could easily have had another 2 - deserves a bit of credit, and under Dave's poignant filing system, probably falls under 'promising'.

Best came in at a difficult time, played himself into form, put in a shift every time and put away a variety of goals. I don't rate him highly but he went up massively in my estimation at the end of last season.

Best came in at a difficult time, played himself into form, put in a shift every time and put away a variety of goals. I don't rate him highly but he went up massively in my estimation at the end of last season.

:thup:

that record's slightly tempered by a hat-trick against one of the very worst defences i've ever seen at st james like, including some of ours.

that said i think he's a decent player, but not seen anything to suggest he's more

that record's slightly tempered by a hat-trick against one of the very worst defences i've ever seen at st james like, including some of ours.

that said i think he's a decent player, but not seen anything to suggest he's more

How many hat-tricks did West Ham concede last season?

If Best was cover next season and we had to play him, I'd still fancy him to get a goal. He gets in goal scoring positions and can score with the left, right or head. Not the worst qualities in a striker.

Rennes were chasing him but pulled out because they can't afford his fee, apparently PSG want €10 million.

For a decent price he could prove to be a bargain with some luck, not at €10m though!