Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Normal transfers involve high signing and agent fees as well, not as high but when you are already paying a fee its a big extra % to pay on top.

Say we paid £2m in total for Ba to him and his agent, had we bought him for £5-7m we'd still be looking at nearly £1m when its all dusted.

Sounds like we did well to have enough money in the bank for our not so free transfer then...phew!

No wonder Pardew has said only one more possibly two to come in, Ba has cleaned the club out...greedy cunt!

Sounds like we did well to have enough money in the bank for our not so free transfer then...phew!

No wonder Pardew has said only one more possibly two to come in, Ba has cleaned the club out...greedy c***!

don't believe anyone ever said that. however many believe that a free transfer means we spend nowt.

What the f*** are you talking about Brett :lol:

:lol: newcastle being the only club to try and justify free transfers being expensive to convince fans the 35 million has pretty much gone.

Obviously the whole world knows about signing on fees and agent fees but to try and include all these things into the 35 million pound no wonder we can't afford anyone.

God knows what we would have done if we hadn't of sold Carroll...Tiote would have gone instead of new contract...maybe just maybe  :shifty:

Yawn.

Edit: In response to Brett  :laugh:

Good job Fergie hasn't signed free transfers, too expensive....wise man...top manager!   :shifty:

how much have they paid for owen ? how much did chelsea pay for ballack ? how much did arsenal pay for chamakh ? how much did liverpool agree to pay for merveaux?

Shane Long time...

At least he's only 5-10million cheap as chips compared to Demba.

Definitly think he would become a good signing though if we could afford him.

Agree. If we are to play a 4-5-1, he would be a good - and importantly a different option to Demba Ba.

My only concern about them being different is us becoming reliant on a certain type of play (for example, a style centred around Ba's height and physical presence) which we may have to adapt at short notice - to suit a completely different kind of striker.

:lol: newcastle being the only club to try and justify free transfers being expensive to convince fans the 35 million has pretty much gone.

Obviously the whole world knows about signing on fees and agent fees but to try and include all these things into the 35 million pound no wonder we can't afford anyone.

God knows what we would have done if we hadn't of sold Carroll...Tiote would have gone instead of new contract...maybe just maybe  :shifty:

You're an idiot.

Why do you think some players try to see out their contracts? Shits and giggles?

:facepalm:

Nobody has tried to convince the fans that the £35 million has pretty much gone, unless i've missed something? (Pardew said the money is been spent, and used Ba as one of his examples)

And signing fees/agent fees are the exact same as transfer fees, it's money coming immediatly out of the club. If we paid Ba and his agent 2 million betwean them, we are still losing a couple of million quid (hardly pennys). Just because it's not been payed to another club doesn't mean it has any less of a dent on the clubs finances.

Nobody has tried to convince the fans that the £35 million has pretty much gone, unless i've missed something? (Pardew said the money is been spent, and used Ba as one of his examples)

And signing fees/agent fees are the exact same as transfer fees, it's money coming immediatly out of the club. If we paid Ba and his agent 2 million betwean them, we are still losing a couple of million quid (hardly pennys). Just because it's not been payed to another club doesn't mean it has any less of a dent on the clubs finances.

We'll spend no more than £10 million on transfers fees (unless players are sold).

A striker and a left-back.

£2 million quid IS fuck-all imo, that's the whole point.  We'll probably get that back with Routledge's fee.

I agree to an extent but it's still not a 'free transfer' as some seem to think.

£2 million quid IS f***-all imo, that's the whole point.  We'll probably get that back with Routledge's fee.

I agree to an extent but it's still not a 'free transfer' as some seem to think.

not to mention if he's on 50kpw, thats over 2.5mill per season.

It may have been more than 2 million though. Could have been upwards of £4m for all we know (doubt it like).

But the point is that it's still money spent by the club, however big or small, and money that they are entitled to take away from the 'transfer budget'. I'd imagine most clubs would.

£2 million quid IS fuck-all imo, that's the whole point.  We'll probably get that back with Routledge's fee.

I'd still look at a £2m transfer like it was fuck-all though, it's pennies.  I'd love to know what they spent on the training ground as well - it reminds me of when they were humming and harring about getting a scoreboard for half a million or whatever it was.  It's small-time as fuck, just do it or don't do it but stop going on about it.

It may have been more than 2 million though. Could have been upwards of £4m for all we know (doubt it like).

But the point is that it's still money spent by the club, however big or small, and money that they are entitled to take away from the 'transfer budget'. I'd imagine most clubs would.

I don't recall many Premier League clubs ever crowing on about using incoming transfer fees to pay wages.  That's what TV revenue and gate receipts and commercial income is supposed to be for, and if they can't afford the wages from that then they're not doing as good a financial job as they make out.  I'm convinced we'll spend a bit before the season starts and this is just a tactic to stop us getting conned by other clubs, or else the average season ticket holder will be fucking fuming imo.

I don't recall many Premier League clubs ever crowing on about using incoming transfer fees to pay wages.  That's what TV revenue and gate receipts and commercial income is supposed to be for, and if they can't afford the wages from that then they're not doing as good a financial job as they make out.  I'm convinced we'll spend a bit before the season starts and this is just a tactic to stop us getting conned by other clubs, or else the average season ticket holder will be f***ing fuming imo.

i don't remember many clubs saying how much they have to spend on transfer fees alone.

I don't remember all this defence for Shepherd when we only brought in Bowyer, or when he waited until the last day and then got Sibierski, Rossi and Bernard, in fact I remember him getting the slagging of a lifetime for doing things on the cheap. Must have actually cost us a fucking fortune.

I don't remember all this defence for Shepherd when we only brought in Bowyer, or when he waited until the last day and then got Sibierski, Rossi and Bernard, in fact I remember him getting the slagging of a lifetime for doing things on the cheap. Must have cost us a f***ing fortune.

no one would be defending the current lot had they just brought in lee bowyer after securing a champs league play off  spot. having all that extra revenue and not nearly so much debt meant we were perfectly placed to build, you knew that fine well though.