Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't remember all this defence for Shepherd when we only brought in Bowyer, or when he waited until the last day and then got Sibierski, Rossi and Bernard, in fact I remember him getting the slagging of a lifetime for doing things on the cheap. Must have actually cost us a fucking fortune.

When did we receive (a reported) £30 million cash for one player under Shepherd?

Not that I don't agree with your point...

Are people seriously comparing Sibierski and Bernard to Ba and Marveaux? :lol:

They cost the same, in fact Sibierski and Bernard were probably on higher wages weren't they, seeing as Shepherd paid everyone vast sums?

I don't remember all this defence for Shepherd when we only brought in Bowyer, or when he waited until the last day and then got Sibierski, Rossi and Bernard, in fact I remember him getting the slagging of a lifetime for doing things on the cheap. Must have cost us a f***ing fortune.

no one would be defending the current lot had they just brought in lee bowyer after securing a champs league play off  spot. having all that extra revenue and not nearly so much debt meant we were perfectly placed to build, you knew that fine well though.

All that extra revenue? :lol:

Aye, not like anyone's just given us £35m is it?

Nice of you to admit you slagged Shepherd as a result of the success he helped get the club at that time but will happily defend this lot for not even trying to be successful.

I don't remember all this defence for Shepherd when we only brought in Bowyer, or when he waited until the last day and then got Sibierski, Rossi and Bernard, in fact I remember him getting the slagging of a lifetime for doing things on the cheap. Must have cost us a f***ing fortune.

no one would be defending the current lot had they just brought in lee bowyer after securing a champs league play off  spot. having all that extra revenue and not nearly so much debt meant we were perfectly placed to build, you knew that fine well though.

and little debt, deal with the lot instead of just cherry picking man.

A few years earlier we spent £10m on Robert, £6m on Bellamy and £5m on Jenas in the January, and that was off the back of finishing 11th.  We did that to get to the next level, which we achieved with a 4th place finish.  I was as pissed off as anyone with that summer when we spent nowt, but it was done after a few years of investing a lot and getting back very little in transfer fees.

They cost the same, in fact Sibierski and Bernard were probably on higher wages weren't they, seeing as Shepherd paid everyone vast sums?

Thought we bought Sibierski tbf.

and little debt, deal with the lot instead of just cherry picking man.

Of course we were in debt, we had a mortgage on a massive stadium, a mortgage we no longer have to pay and still can't spend anything.

We spent £10m on Robert, £6m on Bellamy and £5m on Jenas in the January, and that was off the back of finishing 11th.  We did that to get to the next level, which we achieved with a 4th place finish.  I was as p*ssed off as anyone with that summer when we spent nowt, but it was done after a few years of investing a lot and getting back very little in transfer fees.

what was our debt level then ?

Nah, he was a free agent, released from Man City, I think?

People are going slightly off tangent here like, if we don't bring in anyone else before the window shuts then they should be rightly slagged off. They've spent no-where near enough yet.

However we cannot just ignore these 'extra fees' because it suits us (just as they cannot over exagerate them to suit themselves).

Nah, he was a free agent, released from Lens I think?

:facepalm:

People are going slightly off tangent here like, if we don't bring in anyone else before the window shuts then they should be rightly slagged off. They've spent no-where near enough yet.

However we cannot just ignore these 'extra fees' because it suits us (just as they cannot over exagerate them to suit themselves).

:thup:

aye. although 'enough' for some will be 'unrealistic' for others.

We spent £10m on Robert, £6m on Bellamy and £5m on Jenas in the January, and that was off the back of finishing 11th.  We did that to get to the next level, which we achieved with a 4th place finish.  I was as p*ssed off as anyone with that summer when we spent nowt, but it was done after a few years of investing a lot and getting back very little in transfer fees.

what was our debt level then ?

And who's it owed to?  Are you suggesting that this is the year that we finally start chipping away at Mike's loan?

I'm not expecting us to go fucking loopy with transfer fees, merely for moderate investment.  Otherwise we should have kept Carroll, simple as.

But aye, we'll see.  Plenty of time yet.

A few years earlier we spent £10m on Robert, £6m on Bellamy and £5m on Jenas in the January, and that was off the back of finishing 11th.  We did that to get to the next level, which we achieved with a 4th place finish.  I was as p*ssed off as anyone with that summer when we spent nowt, but it was done after a few years of investing a lot and getting back very little in transfer fees.

While the Sibierski/Bernard summer came off the back of £50m spent in 18 months. :lol:

What a daft comparison.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Bitter disappointment as bonus row torpedoes Erdinç move - but NUFC hope to have new striker in within 10 days.. sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastl…

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply