Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

“But we won’t bring him to the club if he doesn’t want to be here. We’re not certainly going to force his hand.”

Move on then? We seem to be wasting so much time on players who clearly don't want to sign for us.

“I’m not being disrespectful and I know that Paris Saint-Germain are in the Champions League but with our stadium, our support and the squad we’ve got, we’re the bigger club."

Seems like Alan always gets his facts wrong.

Guest icemanblue

“But we won’t bring him to the club if he doesn’t want to be here. We’re not certainly going to force his hand.”

Move on then? We seem to be wasting so much time on players who clearly don't want to sign for us.

Read the quotes again.

Read the quotes again.

He wants more money to play for us. Sounds like he's desperate to sign.

Guest Roger Kint

But we wont bring him to the club if he doesnt want to be here. Were not certainly going to force his hand.

He isnt wasting time though, just says he hasnt buried that transfer while he works on other deals.

Guest icemanblue

Read the quotes again.

He wants more money to play for us. Sounds like he's desperate to sign.

“We have to be careful. Some of the things being quoted are not from him and we’ve got to cut through it. It’s difficult to criticise the player because sometimes it’s the agent or someone else not getting what he wants.

No need to hack Pards is there?

Yes IMO there is.  He's not being dignified and he's showing his hand to anyone that cares to look.  Saying shite like we're the bigger club is petty and I'm not a fan of our manager going so public about our transfer activity.

For the record, I quite like Pardew, but he tries far too hard to appease the fans, contradicts himself a fair bit and some of his comments are uncalled for.

Is he our last choice ?

I mean fkn hell we are coming over a bit desperate.

Apparently there's "a trio of continental strikers" under the age of 28 who we are looking at as well if this one doesn't come off. We must really want Erdinc badly to be putting up with all this crap.

A player that is not going to get first team footy in France next season is hardly going to rip the premiership a new ring is he!?

For these reasons alone, move on.

Well they have a shit load of money to spend, just got a good goalscorer in Gameiro and are supposedly looking for another top striker.  Plus Erding and Gameiro probably wouldn't work together, so I would assume Hoarau would start even if they didn't sign a new forward.  Don't watch much French football, but that is how I see it, I'm sure someone like Colocho will shoot me down!

I would like Erding here, better option than Long and would cost the same, maybe more in wages mind, might be the stumbling block.

A player that is not going to get first team footy in France next season is hardly going to rip the premiership a new ring is he!?

They've just come into huge money, what a stupid argument. That's like saying Adebayor, Bellamy, Onuoha, Given etc would be shit signings because they don't get games for Man City any more.

The fact that we are still holding out for the move makes me think this might still happen. PSG obviously would want to move him on now they've bought other strikers and the dispute just seems to be about payment to the agent. Might drag on for a bit but unless another club comes in there'll probably be a compromise I reckon.

They've just come into huge money, what a stupid argument. That's like saying Adebayor, Bellamy, Onuoha, Given etc would be shit signings because they don't get games for Man City any more.

Fair enough, point not made well at all.  Why is a player that scores a goal in almost every other game surplus to requirements - depite the money? 

I forget who made it but there was a tweet a week or so back where one of the journos said Carr loves the guy as a player, so it's perhaps no surprise we're holding out for him.

Fair enough, point not made well at all.  Why is a player that scores a goal in almost every other game surplus to requirements - depite the money? 

That sometimes happens when a club comes into money. For example, look at our own Leon Best. 6 in 9(?) last season and apparently we're trying to flog him off.

I forget who made it but there was a tweet a week or so back where one of the journos said Carr loves the guy as a player, so it's perhaps no surprise we're holding out for him.

I'd far rather we hold out for the player we really want so no problem with that - as long as we aren't chasing a lost cause and there is a realistic prospect of him coming here.

That sometimes happens when a club comes into money. For example, look at our own Leon Best. 6 in 9(?) last season and apparently we're trying to flog him off.

That was flash in the pan.  Erdinc has something like 58 in 130 at senior level.  Not bad for a player that will get "no first team football" next season.

I'd far rather we hold out for the player we really want so no problem with that - as long as we aren't chasing a lost cause and there is a realistic prospect of him coming here.

From Pardew's comments today it seems clear the club think they're being fucked around by his agent and we're at a stalemate rather than the deal being dead. Can only assume they've had some encouragement from the player himself. Again I can't remember who said it but one of the journos said we'd been led to believe he really did want to come previously.

From Pardew's comments today it seems clear the club think they're being fucked around by his agent and we're at a stalemate rather than the deal being dead. Can only assume they've had some encouragement from the player himself. Again I can't remember who said it but one of the journos said we'd been led to believe he really did want to come previously.

Sounds plausible. I see no other reason why we would still be holding out on this one. Another one that will drag on I suspect. There will come a point where we'll have to get the player to tell his agent to get the deal done otherwise it's off though.