Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wonder how Pardew's comments about us being bigger than PSG are going down in France btw? Hugely debatable comment IMO. Chances to win things and play in Europe are far greater there, especially now they apparently have big backing.

Wonder how Pardew's comments about us being bigger than PSG are going down in France btw? Hugely debatable comment IMO. Chances to win things and play in Europe are far greater there, especially now they apparently have big backing.

link?

You could argue either way about who's a bigger club tbh. Also, I think I read somewhere that he's supported PSG ever since moving to France. Having said that, I think we'll get him as PSG will probably get another striker. If Carr loves him, thats good enough to stifle my doubts.

@SkySports Sky Sports

#football Paris St Germain have confirmed that Leonardo has finally been appointed their general manager.

Maybe now they'll look at the Erdinç situation properly now?

@SkySports Sky Sports

#football Paris St Germain have confirmed that Leonardo has finally been appointed their general manager.

Didn't think the problem was with the club anyway. More the player (or his agent) wanting some sort of bonus

@SkySports Sky Sports

Didn't think the problem was with the club anyway. More the player (or his agent) wanting some sort of bonus

Not so much a 'problem', but if Leonardo tells Erding that he has no chance of first team football, he might change his mind?

@SkySports Sky Sports

Not so much a 'problem', but if Leonardo tells Erding that he has no chance of first team football, he might change his mind?

That's what I was thinking.

The Sunday Sun understands that Erdinc had actually agreed terms with United but the £7.5m transfer is in serious jeopardy after a damaging fall out with his agent Pierre Frelot.

It looks increasingly likely that the player, who will not be first choice at Paris Saint Germain next year, would have to change representatives to force through a move to Tyneside.

The fact that we are still holding out for the move makes me think this might still happen.

Or that we haven't got any back-up plan  :whistle:

Of course we have. It's called Leon Best.

On a separate note I wonder how much the agent's fee is? It must be a fair wedge to have put us off going for our preferred target bearing in mind our public announcement that a lot of the Carroll money had gone on player signing and agents fees.

On a separate note I wonder how much the agent's fee is? It must be a fair wedge to have put us off going for our preferred target bearing in mind our public announcement that a lot of the Carroll money had gone on player signing and agents fees.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20101130/payments-to-agents-200910_2281670_2233721

We bought/signed about 10 players in that time. We surely cannot have paid more than £5 million this summer.

Pardew reckons about £5 million  ;D

Zarate linked with a move to PSG in France Football. If that happens, Erdinc won't get much first-team football next season. There may still be life in this.

I would rather have Zarate at this club

Zarate linked with a move to PSG in France Football. If that happens, Erdinc won't get much first-team football next season. There may still be life in this.

I would rather have Zarate at this club

Good talk.