Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

As nobody wants to answer my question, i won't give you my view on french players Newcastle is interesting in any more...

I'm wondering if i shoudn't delete my account. Thanks for your welcome/reception

It will be one of the site administrators. Don't worry, they just give people these titles for fun from time to time.

It's a complement, enjoy it!

As nobody wants to answer my question, i won't give you my view on french players Newcastle is interesting in any more...

I'm wondering if i shoudn't delete my account. Thanks for your welcome/reception

Woahhhhhh no.

It is a compliment Mimi!

I'm relatively happy with what we're looking to bring in here.

Alot of the early talk was just pie in the sky, but essentially what we're looking to do is what I wanted us to do.

We need a big target man who could score a goal or two - Ba

We need an upgrade for CM, because our reliance on Nolan last season was unhealthy - Cabaye

We need a quick forward - Erdinc

We need cover for LB - Taylor

We need a another winger to bring some more balance to the side - N'Zogbia

If we can them all on board and get Jose to sign, and appease Nolan and Barton then it's pretty much the best Summer I could have hoped for.

Aye it would be a great summer tbh, the greedy sod in me still wants a 'top class' striker in though.

we all do. perhaps though with ben arfa, cabaye, barton, jonas and maybe n'zogbia we'll have enough service to give ba and erdinc a million chances a game

So, I think Erding is a good player, he was when he played in Sochaux.

His first year in PSG was correct but the second...   

With that player the problem is his end product. I watched a lot of Paris games this year (especially because my older brother is a fan of PSG) and i can tell you that it was very difficult for him because he lost self confidence and the fans started to boo him.

His qualities are that he ran over the pitch during the 90 minutes, he spend a lot of energy doind that, that is why his end product isn't always good.

But i'm sure that if he find again this confidence he'll be better...

If Newcastle need a striker (with Ba for example) i think you should go for him.

:thup:

If he's a grafter then thats good enough for me, it was quite painful watching Shola wander about doing nothing forever.

Barton Tiote Cabaye

Ben Arfa                  Erding

Ba

or        Tiote Cabaye

N'Zogbia    Ben Arfa    Erding

Ba

Tiote

Barton.    cabaye

HBA

Erding    Ba

See in my opinion none of these line ups quite add up, be it lack of width or a player being played out of position. The only solution I see is 442 with Ben arfa behind ba, or a 433 with Ben arfa lining up as one of the forward 3 but drifting in like he did when he played for us at the beginning of the season.

How about:

Zoggy---------Tiote----------Cabaye----------Ben Arfa

-----------------D. Ba----------Erding---------------------

Barton Tiote Cabaye

Ba

or        Tiote Cabaye

Ba

Tiote

Barton.    cabaye

HBA

Erding    Ba

See in my opinion none of these line ups quite add up, be it lack of width or a player being played out of position. The only solution I see is 442 with Ben arfa behind ba, or a 433 with Ben arfa lining up as one of the forward 3 but drifting in like he did when he played for us at the beginning of the season.

How about:

Possibly, but I think pardew has singled out Ben arfa as a special talent and wants him to play centrally, not sure he'd be able to drift in a 442.

I'm more than likely to be wrong like.

I'll go for 433, barton, Mr t and cabaye, with zog, ba and Ben arfa drifting in.

What was the reason the fact that we were after him had to be secret?

I think Pardew just means that we generally like to keep our deals close to our chest, and that it's the best way to operate. Don't think it's specific to this player.

To be fair...I trust more in a chief scout than PSG fans.

That's my take on it, plus from the little I've seen on YT I like the look of him. Fans can be harsh as we've seen on these boards and other clubs. Remember the early discontent at Mascherano and Teves at West Ham?

Barton Tiote Cabaye

Ba

or        Tiote Cabaye

Ba

Tiote

Barton.    cabaye

HBA

Erding    Ba

How about:

On that youtube vid of Erding playing for Turkey it looked as if he was playing on the right in an advanced position. So maybe:

------------Tiote----Cabaye----------

Erding------Ben Arfa------Zog/Jonas

------------------Ba--------------------

or 4-3-3 with the front 3 in particular moving a fair bit so the wider 2 don't play as orthadox wingers and the central one has license to pull wide to exploit space and the wider 2 can take up any space left by his movement.

or 4-3-3 with the front 3 in particular moving a fair bit so the wider 2 don't play as orthadox wingers and the central one has license to pull wide to exploit space and the wider 2 can take up any space left by his movement.

Sounds sexy to me

I'm a bit relieved that it appears we're looking at him for a more withdrawn or wider role. I wasn't sure whether he'd be ready to take the sort of battering that a striker who leads the line has to take in the Premiership.

He seems to be in the number 9 role at PSG, but as someone has pointed out, the defending in France is somewhat less robust.

I'm a bit relieved that it appears we're looking at him for a more withdrawn or wider role. I wasn't sure whether he'd be ready to take the sort of battering that a striker who leads the line has to take in the Premiership.

He seems to be in the number 9 role at PSG, but as someone has pointed out, the defending in France is somewhat less robust.

who says we are ?. forwards in france tend to be more mobile than over here. it's more of a movement game than theshola's, kevin davies's and kenwynne jones's could cope with.