Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

He has started 59 games and scored 23 goals in two seasons for PSG in Ligue 1. Can't see how that could be called a disapointment tbh.

If you had seen how "open goals" he missed during the season, you would certainly understand why it could be called a disappointement and why PSG fans want to get rid of him.

Then he must have the potensial to be one of the best strikers in Europe?

Certainly not... Even if he find again all his confidence, he is an average/good player but not a player with an international dimension/potencial if you understand what i mean

He appears to be better than the strikers we have atm though. Hopefully we don't pay a stupid amount for him.

I reckon 8 million euros will do it.....

8 million is too much !

But if you have Erding and admetting Ba, in what system you're going to play ?

Possibly 4-3-3, with Erding playing as the only striker and Ben Arfa and (hopefully) N'Zogbia supporting him.

Ba is being signed as second choice in my opinion.

Krul

Simpson  Coloccini  Williamson  Enrique/new LB (more than likely the last one :()

Tiote      Cabaye

Jonas                  HBA                  N'Zogbia

Erding/Ba

Would be how I'd line up (assuming we buy Erdinc and Zog)

I think we can wave goodbye to Jonas from the starting Xl if we get N'Zogbia, Erding and Ba, like.

The more I think about it, the more I think he could work in a midfield three with Tiote & Cabaye based on his workrate and ability to run with the ball. Potentially a nice blend there with Tiote being the ballwinner, Cabaye the passer/playmaker and Jonas the dribbler.

I think we can wave goodbye to Jonas from the starting Xl if we get N'Zogbia, Erding and Ba, like.

The more I think about it, the more I think he could work in a midfield three with Tiote & Cabaye based on his workrate and ability to run with the ball. Potentially a nice blend there with Tiote being the ballwinner, Cabaye the passer/playmaker and Jonas the dribbler.

This makes more sense than my post above :laugh:

Well, I actually feel Jonas is most effectiv one on one with the oponent's full back high in the pitch. Not good enough on the ball to play his way out of pressure deep on the pitch. Him and Enrique seems far to often to be way to close, around the half way line

Also if Ben Arfa's going to be to the left of the striker with N'Zogbia to the right, it would enable Ben Arfa to concentrate on attacking and creating stuff because you'd imagine Jonas would be left of the three with Cabaye right, where he played for France, and Tiote in the centre of the two.

Yeah, he'd be far more suited to that. In theory that sounds pretty good. :)

Yeah, he'd be far more suited to that. In theory that sounds pretty good. :)

Yeah I agree completly, there was a game toward the end of the season were here had a free roam role, and he dominated the park, making runs and creating most of the play. And on his day he's unplayable. :)

Guest Recoba

Every signing is a gamble, especially from abroad but:

1. I have a lot of faith in the clubs scouting.  We do our homework these days and I would expect whoever we sign to be a success.

2.  PSG fans are scathing.  Been there twice an d the crowd were very hostile to own players.  I don't know if that is a French thing its the only ground I've been to.

3. Our current strikers are so poor he has  to be an upgrade. He is youngish too so may progress further.

4.  He is a Turkey international so even if he flops one of the (relatively) wealthy Istanbul clubs would likely refund us.

That definitely dispels the theory that mimi is a fraud and not in fact a French female. Moody bitch.

Excuse my ignorance but is that me you called like that ???

N'inquiètez pas mimi, c'était une blague!

I certainly don't have the english humour because i don't find it funny at all...

Aw, sorry babe. Hate it when we argue.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'd be happy to have Jonas in a midfield three. Plenty of workrate, strong dribbling and ball carrying ability, tracking back and energy. In fact, I think you'd need someone to drive on from there like Jonas to stop it becoming static.

Jonas does have good technique when he wants to.

1. I have a lot of faith in the clubs scouting.  We do our homework these days and I would expect whoever we sign to be a success.

2.  PSG fans are scathing.  Been there twice an d the crowd were very hostile to own players.  I don't know if that is a French thing its the only ground I've been to.

3. Our current strikers are so poor he has  to be an upgrade. He is youngish too so may progress further.

4.  He is a Turkey international so even if he flops one of the (relatively) wealthy Istanbul clubs would likely refund us.

All good points, his age is definitely in his favour, his 'confidence player' side might even out.

Would he get enough space in a centralized position to go on a dribble, assuming he advances play with his dribble will his distribution in the final 3rd be good enough as well?

For me, Jonas will have his value as an impact player or an orthodox winger.

If I was to try him in a new position id love to see how he coped as a rb. I know, box of frogs.

If we're in for erding we should be goin for park chu young. Almost same amount of goals (11 or 12), in a worse team than psg and often playing up front. The support from korea would be crazy as well. Anyway, nothing is certain with any striker at this stage. Would still be happy with erding.

All good points, his age is definitely in his favour, his 'confidence player' side might even out.

Jonas in the middle of three is never gonna work. Yes he can put his head down and dribble, he has a good work rate but passing and football intelligence is awful so he's better be used out wide!!

Just asked on Twitter...

Tom Williams (I cover French football for Agence France-Presse (AFP) and run the Football Further blog)

- He's a good player: quick, sharp, mobile, works the channels well. Often needs a few chances to score though.

and....

me - Do you reckon he could cut it playing as a central number 9 or is he better up along side a big(ger) man?

him - He never really established a partnership with Guillaume Hoarau (a bigger man). Would need good service if on his own though.