Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Not sure Bendtner and Ba would work together...

Fair point. Only maybe Ba out wide in a 4-3-3.

Think this is the problem with who we bring in.

If we do play one up front, the second striker with Ba has to be able cover the other forward positions or simply sit on the bench waiting for the other to get injured.

That doesn't sound like Bentner. :lol:

Pity about Erdinc like. Looks like he doesn't want to challenge himself and play in the PL. Ah well, next please!

Regarding Bendtner, I pretty much agree with what Dave's saying - I do have some reservations about his ego.

Guest firetotheworks

You get the impression that it's Bentdner's ludicrous ego that's got him to where he is, which is still monstrously below his own opinion of himself.

Guest Heneage

You get the impression that it's Bentdner's ludicrous ego that's got him to where he is, which is still monstrously below his own opinion of himself.

Yes, blagging and claiming a better ability than he presents is why Arsenal scouts liked him.

Guest firetotheworks

Yes, blagging and claiming a better ability than he presents is why Arsenal scouts liked him.

No man, I mean it's very possibly his belief in his own ability that's got him to the level he IS at.

Guest Heneage

No man, I mean it's very possibly his belief in his own ability that's got him to the level he IS at.

You say it like self belief is a bad thing?

Guest firetotheworks

You say it like self belief is a bad thing?

Nah, you're just reading it that way because I've already implied that I don't rate Bentdner, which is true. It doesn't mean I think ego or confidence are detrimental, I was just merely making a seperate observation based on intuition.

Bedneter looks shite in a side that can make a shit load of goalscoring chances just how in gods name would him coming to a side that will create a lot less make him suddenly look competent

Baffled that so many are turning their noses up at Bendtner.

Aye, he's got an inflated ego but he strikes me as a confidence player. I genuinely think we'll have a top level of supply next season for whoever is playing up front, Bendtner would thrive for us, he'd be our number one striker and with the service from Cabaye, Marveaux, Ben Arfa etc I reckon he'd prove himself a very good forward. Especially, as Madras said, playing in a more 'direct' system.

Aye, he's got an inflated ego but he strikes me as a confidence player. I genuinely think we'll have a top level of supply next season for whoever is playing up front, Bendtner would thrive for us, he'd be our number one striker and with the service from Cabaye, Marveaux, Ben Arfa etc I reckon he'd prove himself a very good forward. Especially, as Madras said, playing in a more 'direct' system.

Could he play with Ba? Would we pay his £50k a week wages?

Can't say I'm that fussed tbh, poor record last season in a average league, will probably be available for half the price come the winter window as he struggles to get a game.

Agree

This forces us to move to plan c though, who won't be any better than Erding. We're only going to get worse from here.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I'm turning my nose up because I've seen him play loads of times and he's rubbish.

Can't say I'm that fussed tbh, poor record last season in a average league, will probably be available for half the price come the winter window as he struggles to get a game.

Agree

This forces us to move to plan c though, who won't be any better than Erding. We're only going to get worse from here.

Doesn't always work like that.

I'm turning my nose up because I've seen him play loads of times and he's rubbish.

Presumably you've seen him play dribs and drabs for an Arsenal side who insist on walking the ball into the net?

As I said, I think he's a confidence player. He'll be getting starts rather than bench time and will no doubt have a much more direct service from our front line. He'd score goals.

I for one would be delighted if we signed him.

Arsenal fans are in the main, completely clueless. Their opinions are void. I would be pleased with Bendtner but feel he's too similar to Ba, so we'll probably go for Long.

I'm tempted to agree, from what I've seen Long would work the channels and run onto through balls better, but Bendtner would provide an alternative/competition to Ba.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Bendtner would get goals, without doubt.

Not unlike Ameobi.

the thought of ameobi and bendtner........... I've seen bendtner play so many times and he's been awful consistently. I thought he was good when he first came onto the scene, went on loan to Birmingham etc, but over the last 2 - 3 seasons he's been a shower of shite, and I have watched him play plenty enough to form this opinion. He's dross, misses so many sitters and his general play is awful too. Reminds me of Andreas Andersson

Agree

Doesn't always work like that.

Logically it does though, we'll see.