Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

I have never seen this guy play, but I just have the feeling that this might not be the great signing people on here think it is. Got to say it worries me that we a supposedily buying someone who is deemed surplus to requirements for a team in a league most would say is inferior to ours.

An improvement on what we have currently, no doubt, but that wouldn't take too much. If he signs of course I'll give him a chance and as I've already said i've never seen the lad play so we may be getting a world beater on the cheap but I can't help feeling a litle sceptical here.

You've never seen him play, but you dont think he'll be the signing people think he will be and he is no doubt an upgrade on what we have? I honestly have no idea how people can come to these conclusions when, like you say, you've never seen him play.

Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Marveaux are all supposed to have pretty heavy shooting boots aren't they?

We've seen what Ben Arfa can do, Cabaye has a great shot on him as well. In the six or seven matches I've seen Marveaux play, I don't think I saw him take a shot on goal - not sure he has a reputation in France for taking shots from range either...

The tube says that Marveaux has a shot on him. Few nice freekicks to.

Infact with Barton, Ben Arfa, Cabaye & Marveaux we apparently have a silly amount of players who've taken set pieces for their prev clubs. Nice options to have.

Newcastle United Hoping for Mevlut Erding Change of Heart

Monday, 25th July, 2011

Newcastle United have been given hope that striker Mevlut Erding could yet have a change of heart over leaving Paris Saint-Germain.

Erding was the subject of a €7.5M bid from Newcastle earlier this summer – and offer that has remained on the table – but the Turkish international forward has remained keen on staying at the Parc des Princes.

Now though the 24-year-old’s hopes of first team football at PSG are set to be dealt a further blow with the arrival of Jeremy Menez from Roma.

Should Erding feel the odds are stacked against him winning a spot in PSG’s first team for next season then the Turkish star could have a rethink over Newcastle’s offer.

Erding was targeted early in the transfer window by Magpies’ boss Alan Pardew and the ex-West Ham United manager believes the forward would flourish in the English Premier League.

The hitman found the back of the net eight times in 34 Ligue 1 games last season.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2011/07/25/newcastle-united-hoping-for-mevlut-erding-change-of-heart/45888/

Guest optimistic nit

i dont know anything about this guy, but we need someone who can score 20 prefereably but at least 15 and he scored 8 last season in the french league. what is there to suggest he can better that here?

Him scoring 15 the season beforehand id imagine. They obviously think theyll get the best out of him by fitting a player of his nature in the system theyre imagining, so are probably hoping he'll better that also.

The French league is notoriously difficult to score in. His track record isn't bad.

Besides, it's ridiculous to suggest that fifteen goals is the "minimum" for a good striker. Very few teams have fifteen-goal strikers on their books. Twenty? :lol: I'm pretty sure the only players to score twenty goals in the league from outside of the top four in the past decade are Darren Bent and Alan Shearer.

Andy Johnson got 21 for Palace in 04/05. Beattie got 23 for Southampton and Viduka 20 for Leeds in 02/03.

Loads of players including Roque Santa Cruz and Michael Bridges (:lol:) have also hit 19.

I've decided to approach this in the same neutral manner I approach every transfer.

If we don't sign him, he'll be awesome

If we sign him, he'll be shit O0

...God, I hate long drawn-out transfers :lol:

We are desperately in need of some good news after Enrique's defection and the journalists sensationalising it to the detriment of our club. Let's hope we clinch this one and stick two fingers up to MIS Douglas and Steve Brenner the scum.

Andy Johnson got 21 for Palace in 04/05. Beattie got 23 for Southampton and Viduka 20 for Leeds in 02/03.

Loads of players including Roque Santa Cruz and Michael Bridges (:lol:) have also hit 19.

It's still ridiculously rare and all of those players have since proved that those seasons were absolute flukes. You can't realistically say "we need to sign a twenty goal striker!"

It's still ridiculously rare and all of those players have since proved that those seasons were absolute flukes. You can't realistically say "we need to sign a twenty goal striker!"

Aye, I agree with the principal of what you're saying. Only Pardew though has claimed Ba will net 15-20 goals for us, although he has a 1 in 2 record for an absolutely shoddy as fuck West Ham side, so those assumptions in theory aren't too badly wrong.

Aye, I agree with the principal of what you're saying. Only Pardew though has claimed Ba will net 15-20 goals for us, although he has a 1 in 2 record for an absolutely shoddy as f*** West Ham side, so those assumptions in theory aren't too badly wrong.

May I respond with the classic "Pardew claims a lot of things."?

I have never seen this guy play, but I just have the feeling that this might not be the great signing people on here think it is. Got to say it worries me that we a supposedily buying someone who is deemed surplus to requirements for a team in a league most would say is inferior to ours.

An improvement on what we have currently, no doubt, but that wouldn't take too much. If he signs of course I'll give him a chance and as I've already said i've never seen the lad play so we may be getting a world beater on the cheap but I can't help feeling a litle sceptical here.

You've never seen him play, but you dont think he'll be the signing people think he will be and he is no doubt an upgrade on what we have? I honestly have no idea how people can come to these conclusions when, like you say, you've never seen him play.

Do you have some form of reading retardidness (if that's a word :)) ?

I clearly haven't come to any conclusion, and any views I've expressed I said are a "feeling" grounded in no foundation at all.

I'm sorry but I'm not one to follow the default path taken by people on this board which is "This player's gonna be great" before and when he sign only for those same people to tear into the guy after he's played a few games for us. I don't know much about him so in my eyes he's unproven to me and I'm sceptical because we have on the whole had a bad record with other teams cast offs, which erdinc is no matter how much people want to dress it up otherwise.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Things appear to be moving on #NUFC striker front. Busy day for Lee out in US! More across Journal & Evening Chronicle tomorrow...

33 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply