Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

He wasn't getting a look in when he was fit and able earlier in the season, why do people assume Pardew will have changed his mind about him?

He was only really fit just before his injury, and Pardew's "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach was keeping the likes of Obertan and Ryan Taylor in the team, and the likes of Marveaux and Santon out of it.

He wasn't getting a look in when he was fit and able earlier in the season, why do people assume Pardew will have changed his mind about him?

He was only really fit just before his injury, and Pardew's "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach was keeping the likes of Obertan and Ryan Taylor in the team, and the likes of Marveaux and Santon out of it.

Didn't he play 120 mins in a cup game and still not get a look in during subsequent games? Not sure fitness was the issue. More like he didn't have enough about him in Pardew's eyes to displace Obertan or Jonas.

Didn't he play 120 mins in a cup game and still not get a look in during subsequent games? Not sure fitness was the issue. More like he didn't have enough about him in Pardew's eyes to displace Obertan or Jonas.

Twice. Certainly wasn't match fit, because he wasn't on the pitch much. But natural fitness didn't appear to be too much of a worry.

Gives us another option on the right ahead of Raylor, stick him at LB and Santon RB and we're half way towards a balanced lineup, obviously only if his skill is up to it of course - haven't seen much of him.

Wonder if he could play centrally in a 4-3-3 as well as out wide in a 4-4-2?

Looked technically very good in the few appearances he had for us, can certainly the pass the ball about nicely too. Seems better suited to the role than Jonas IMO.

Cabaye            Tiote          Marveaux

HBA

Cisse                        Ba

We'd need a real left back and Santon at RB, obviously.

The way Pardew raves about workrate I can't ever envisage him dropping Jonas though. :lol:

Wonder if he could play centrally in a 4-3-3 as well as out wide in a 4-4-2?

Looked technically very good in the few appearances he had for us, can certainly the pass the ball about nicely too. Seems better suited to the role than Jonas IMO.

Cabaye            Tiote          Marveaux

HBA

Cisse                        Ba

We'd need a real left back and Santon at RB, obviously.

The way Pardew raves about workrate I can't ever envisage him dropping Jonas though. :lol:

i'd only see him as wide in a middle 4 or or front 3 or in front of a middle 3.

I think Marveaux can definitely play more centrally in a midfield three, he's very good on the ball and his passing is good too. Not that we're likely to play a midfield three, but anyway.

it's off the ball i'd be more worried about. in a middle 3 not only do you have to work that bit more but the positioning and reading of the game have to be that much better. i haven't seen anything from him to suggest that.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Play him at left back, f*** the defense we'll just score more than the other team.

:sweetjesus:

Play like Napoli and stick all your attacking players on and sod the defence

Krul

Saylor Colo New CB

Tiote   

Santon          Cabaye            Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Cisse        Ba

The amount of goals that would be conceeded

:yao:

But the potentially good football and number of goals scored

:megusta:

Pretty sure he came on in a more central position against both Villa and Wigan, and looked very competent in that role. From the very little i've seen of him, i think he's got a bit of Nobby about him. Ball control and distribution appear to be the finer parts of his game, which will be a relief given the pace he'll have lost from these constant injuries.

His technical attributes such as first touch, ability to take the ball in a tight spot and pick out a pass suggest he could do a job in a midfield three. Haven't seen enough of him to judge his defensive abilities, but if I was to hazard a guess going by his build and style, I don't think he'd be much cop in a central pairing.

His technical attributes such as first touch, ability to take the ball in a tight spot and pick out a pass suggest he could do a job in a midfield three. Haven't seen enough of him to judge his defensive abilities, but if I was to hazard a guess going by his build and style, I don't think he'd be much cop in a central pairing.

i agree in the long term down the line he will probably end up as a central mid player.

but currently and most of the game he played at rennes he is known to play out wide and likes to cut in.  definitely not a traditional wide player who hugs the touchline and crosses the ball.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Yep, looked good in the middle. Against Scunthorpe he played a lot deeper and more tucked in (as opposed to the first half where he was more of a conventional winger) and dictated a lot of play. Hopefully as very good option for all the midfield areas next season and obviously fingers crossed the hip surgery has helped somewhat to repair any previous problems connected.