The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

I'm confused too.. so my question is... is there a guaranteed minimum return? Yes or no?

:lol:

Put £2 on Newcastle to finish top 4 = £11 returns

Put £2 on Newcastle to win & Arsenal to lose = £32 returns (£30 if Spurs win)

Put £2 on Newcastle to win & Spurs not to win = £17.60 returns (£15.60 if Arsenal don't lose)

:lol:

Got a tip for horse racing tonight.  Montebell will easily win the 7:50 @ Cork.

Put £40 on it at 5/4.  Who's going to trust me and follow suit?  :shifty:

Priced at 5/4, I'd fully expect it to win easily anyway, with or without a tip. :razz:

After someone else giving the tip off about Lee Clark becoming next Wolves manager, nee chance!

Priced at 5/4, I'd fully expect it to win easily anyway, with or without a tip. :razz:

Odds plummeted.

What is the difference between these three bets? I am new at these handicaps.

Man City -1.5        1.425

Man City -1.5, -2    1.525

Man City -2            1.650

I thought 1.5 becomes effectively 2.

Odds plummeted.

Just had a look, priced up mainly at EVS. Can still get 15/8 on SportingBet though.

Odds plummeted.

Just had a look, priced up mainly at EVS. Can still get 15/8 on SportingBet though.

Cheeky bastards they have a £1 deposit fee which they reckon the majority/all bookmakers charge. :best:

Can you lads explain this for me, please? It's with a £5 stake.

6. You will only be eligible to withdraw winnings accrued through the use of Promo Cash once you have staked at least 4 times the value of your initial bonus amount and these bets have fully settled. [For example: If you receive £25 in Promo Cash you must place further settled bet(s) with a cumulative stake value of at least £100 before you will be permitted to make a withdrawal of any winnings accrued through the use of Promo Cash. If you receive £10 in Promo Cash you must place further settled bet(s) with a cumulative stake of £40 before you will be permitted to make a withdrawal of any winnings accrued through the use of Promo Cash.]

I'm assuming I've got to bet £5 of my winnings a total of four more times until I'm allowed to withdraw it. Is that correct?

Use oddsmonkey (http://www.oddsmonkey.com/) to find an event on which lay odds are very close to back odds (using your preferred betting exchange). Bet on something that you that provides a good percentage yield that you think is unlikely to happen (at 888bet) and lay this bet on Betfair (or other exchange). If it doesn't come off, you 'win' at Betfair and extract most of your winnings without having to rollover multiple times. You can do this multiple times until you can either withdraw from Betfair, or you've met your rollover requirements. Will require pumping a bit of cash into your Betfair, but overall you're unlikely to lose much of your winnings as long as you pick something sufficiently unlikely to occur to lay on Betfair.

Does this make sense? Use this (http://www.matchedodds.co.uk/matched-betting-calculator/) to calculate the amounts required to lay on Betfair/expected returns without risking arithmetical miscalculation (and potentially losing winnings).

Let me know if there's any of this that doesn't make sense - if you follow these instructions, you should be able to get your winnings out (via an exchange) without having to meet the rollover requirements.

Cheers, mate.

I managed to double my money so all is good.  :smug: