The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

A pointless £10 e/w on a long-shot and £20 on a favourite on the horses. For no reason other than I was bored. :lol: Only £40 but showed me I was going back down the wrong track of just punting for big wins.

When did Belgium become so good? I'd maybe consider them on the +1 handicap, depending on the strength of england's team.

A more realistic bet would be Armenia tomorrow against Greece I reckon. 5/1 at a neutral venue against some s*** greeks, armenia are about to become footballing giants we all know that.

I don't think they are, they have a decent squad with a few exceptional players. The same as England really.

They have a lot more talent than us tbh, just its full of loads of mixed races and little groups in the squad....

Apart from the fact they dont have any fullbacks and thier best striker is a 30 year old who thinks hes 18...

Anyway stuck a fiver on them  :lol:

Also, can anyone confirm, Spurs to beat Thunder tomorrow night is very good value at 6/4, no?

:thup: won 31 of their last 33 - will be getting some of that 6/4

Belgium have good players but they have hardly excelled as a team have they?

Have taken a treble tonight of Spain u21s -2, Germany -1.5 and Armenia +1,+1.5.

Also Spain u21s -4, speculative.

So, I want to open an account on BetVictor to bet on 2 scenarios involving the naming of the 4 group winners. I only want to stake £10 on the 2 scenarios.

How would I go about this to get my free bet? (I would need to stake 4x the amount deposited.) Do I initially just deposit a £5, then afterwards another £15, and put a tenner each on both scenarios, to get my free £5 bet, or what?

I don't want to stake more than £20 all together.

You've confused me. But they'll probably match your first bet with a freebet. So if you bet £10, they'll give you a £10 freebet. You might have to wait until the first bet has settled until you receive your freebet mind.

Guest Roger Kint

Also, can anyone confirm, Spurs to beat Thunder tomorrow night is very good value at 6/4, no?

:thup: won 31 of their last 33 - will be getting some of that 6/4

Know nowt about NBA these days but Spurs -8.5 is 5-1. Is that decent or a bit too unlikely?

You've confused me. But they'll probably match your first bet with a freebet. So if you bet £10, they'll give you a £10 freebet. You might have to wait until the first bet has settled until you receive your freebet mind.

Yeah, but I would need to stake 4 times the amount of my first bet.

Basically, I want to bet on this-

Group winners bet 1 - Russia, Germany, Spain, France (£10 stake)

Group winners bet 2 - Russia, Germany, Croatia, France (10 stake)

I want to use this opportunity to claim a free bet. Do I just deposit £5, so BV could credit me with a free £5 bet later-on when the bet is settled, and then deposit another £15, so that would give me £20 (4 times the amount need to claim the free bet) to spend on the 2 bets above?

Me no comprendo.

Guest Roger Kint

ew L15 on the nags today - Diverting/Lucies Diamond/Spinatrix/Ibicento

Double on Spurs(-7.5)/Hazard Anytime GS for a daft £1

Gone for Irish History in the 8.25 at Sandown @ 5/1, gonna throw £2 e/w on Ocean Tempest @ 150/1 too :lol:

On Tales of Grimm in the 8.25.  Heard whispers round Newmarket as an e/w for the Guineas but never got a prep run.  Stoute's have been running shite for a while now, but the 13/2 was too big to turn down.

Any tips for the Newcastle meeting tonight? Think I'm going - though it'll be more swimming than horse racing at this rate.

If the weather brightens up I think I'll be heading there tonight. Going to keep my money for the last two races really.

Bilidn (8.45) and Hezmah (9.20), singles and a double.

Also, the 8.15 I'll be taking on the odds on favourite - backing the second favourite for Stoute at about 9/4, Grandiloquent.