The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

I can't hate Wilkins, he's won me over with his thoroughly nice chap persona since he returned to our screens, although ironically I used to hate him for exactly that.  At least he's a nice bloke - he's no Clive Tyldsley, whose hobbies include rape, watching Miranda and genocide.

:mackems:

The passing and movement by Liverpool is so far ahead of our own it's laughable.

That's because they have obviously been instructed to pass from the back. We have been wellying it high and hard and Pardew has done nothing to change it.

The passing and movement by Liverpool is so far ahead of our own it's laughable.

That's because they have obviously been instructed to pass from the back. We have been wellying it high and hard and Pardew has done nothing to change it.

We haven't even had a chance to put our best team out together yet!

Plus we have a few key players who have just come in from clubs outside the country.

All liverpool's additions are all already adjusted to the league.

People need to be more patient and not so negative imo. Thank God we are at least still getting results in the meantime.

Take Suarez out and I'm sure Liverpool would be less fluid.  Add HBA to our team and we'll be more fluid.

Nope. While Suarez is key, Liverpool generally are set up quite nicely and they rarely hold the ball too long. Hate to say it but they look well organized while none of their players are great dribblers, as a unit they pass it very well.

Take Suarez out and I'm sure Liverpool would be less fluid.  Add HBA to our team and we'll be more fluid.

It's funny because Liverpool were so average against that woeful Arsenal team they faced last week, up until Frimpong was sent off, and Suarez came on for Carroll.

You're not wrong at all with your statement, that's for sure.

Some are going on as though Liverpool have been like this since the season began. Just not so.

Plus we have a few key players who have just come in from clubs outside the country.

People need to be more patient and not so negative imo. Thank God we are at least still getting results in the meantime.

I'm not negative, but when I see our goalkeeper whacking balls 50 yds down the pitch without fail, I know that no one has told him to throw the ball out to a full back. I always find that a worry because that's how the best teams start off their moves when they can. I agree it's early days but that's a basic.

Nope. While Suarez is key, Liverpool generally are set up quite nicely and they rarely hold the ball too long. Hate to say it but they look well organized while none of their players are great dribblers, as a unit they pass it very well.

Sorry, but did you watch the game against Arsenal? Don't agree with you at all.

There is a marked difference when Suarez is out there, as he takes up a lot of responsibility in their passing.

He doesn't just stay up top, he drops into all areas to initiate moves for them. They even touched on this at the start of the match today.

Huge difference when he isn't in there. Liverpool have looked really good today, but they have also had issues this season.

I'm not negative, but when I see our goalkeeper whacking balls 50 yds down the pitch without fail, I know that no one has told him to throw the ball out to a full back. I always find that a worry because that's how the best teams start off their moves when they can. I agree it's early days but that's a basic.

I definitely agree with you about the fullbacks being key to starting off moves, and that's going to be an issue unfortunately. Simpson on the right is just so poor with his use of the ball, as he just hoofs it as soon as anyone even threatens to come close. Really key that we get  left back that is more comfortable and composed in these situations.

Having said that, you would still hope that we would still be able to move the ball better than we have, even without the luxury of having these types of fullbacks, and I think it will certainly improve.

I definitely agree with you about the fullbacks being key to starting off moves, and that's going to be an issue unfortunately. Simpson on the right is just so poor with his use of the ball, as he just hoofs it as soon as anyone even threatens to come close. Really key that we get  left back that is more comfortable and composed in these situations.

Having said that, you would still hope that we would still be able to move the ball better than we have, even without the luxury of having these types of fullbacks, and I think it will certainly improve.

I hope Pardew is doing what Keegan did when he took over from Allardyce and encouraging the players to pass the ball and not panic. If he is then we might see some change in the next few games.

What's the point in comparing us to Liverpool anyway? Might aswell say how laughable our passing and movement is compared to Barcelona's, we are a long way away from both.

Not what some on here said when Carroll/Enrique went there.

The commentating on Sky Sports for the Liverpool Vs Bolton match is nothing short of unprofessional, from Ray Wilkins especially. He is one hell of a c***. You would think they were both Liverpool fans commentating, Bolton rarely get a mention and for the slightest thing Liverpool players have praise heaped upon them. The usual Sky Sports guff but Ray Wilkins is unbearable imo.

Aye. They're bad enough on their own but together these two are nausiating. Every bad thing is glossed over, every good thing is overplayed.

wish he'd stop saying "my word....." aswell

What's the point in comparing us to Liverpool anyway? Might aswell say how laughable our passing and movement is compared to Barcelona's, we are a long way away from both.

Not what some on here said when Carroll/Enrique went there.

Ah well in my opinion we are anyway.