The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Mancini is such a negative manager. If I was a shitty fan I'd want him oot. Still, be thankful for small mercy, I'd imagine a more positive manager would work wonders with the players and resources at City's disposal.

And to think they are protesting their owners after spending upwards of £60m and constantly winning trophies :lol:

Mancini is such a negative manager. If I was a shitty fan I'd want him oot. Still, be thankful for small mercy, I'd imagine a more positive manager would work wonders with the players and resources at City's disposal.

Won them the FA Cup last year?  Has put them in a position to challenge for the league.  Deserves another season (unless it does tits up early).

Won them the FA Cup last year?  Has put them in a position to challenge for the league.  Deserves another season (unless it does tits up early).

I didn't say he, or even that style of footy, wasn't successful. All I'm saying is that if my team had spent £500 mil on players and deployed 'safety' first tactics, I'd be getting awfully frustrated. Especially considering the potential of the squad available.

I didn't say he, or even that style of footy, wasn't successful. All I'm saying is that if my team had spent £500 mil on players and deployed 'safety' first tactics, I'd be getting awfully frustrated. Especially considering the potential of the squad available.

Awfully frustrated with an FA cup and 3rd place? Right.

Hope the next time Martin Tyler attempts a pun he swallows his tongue.

We are living in a Nani-state.

The pun potential of a forward line with both Nani and Bebé ("Baby") were priceless. I'll never forgive SAF giving up on him.

Heyyyyy, hey Bebe. Oh ah. I wanna knowww, when you'll score a goal.

They are the absolutely richest club in the world, with one of the best squads around. We aren't talking about a midtable English team that overachieves.

Exactly. As a toon fan, of course I'd love to be in their position, winning cups and finishing in Champs League spots, but at the same time, whilst I'd enjoy the success, I'd be frustrated if I thought the team was capable of a more entertaining style of football. Of course opinions will differ, but if I was a City fan I'd like to see Silva, Johnson, et al given greater licence to play.