The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Anyway, makes up for that absolute joke of a red for Rodwell.

Oh, right, cool.

Obviously I meant in balancing it out in Liverpool terms. Unfortunately it wont make it up for you, so, sorry about that.

On a side note, got any thoughts about Yakubu's current form?

What form? He's always liable to have a game like he did on Saturday. Once he's in the box he's still a very useful player.

I can see both sides of the argument tbh, I think you could make a decent case for it being a red or a yellow. I bet Dembele let out quite a scream that influenced the referee, not that I'm saying he shouldn't have.

Whether he got the ball or not tends to go out of the window with those high tackles.

Yeah but he didn't go in at that height, only the momentum of the clearance took his leg there. He can't just stop it in an instant. Have you seen it yet? :razz:

Nope, i wasn't making a judgement, only stating what typically happens. :thup:

Oh, right, cool.

Obviously I meant in balancing it out in Liverpool terms. Unfortunately it wont make it up for you, so, sorry about that.

What form? He's always liable to have a game like he did on Saturday. Once he's in the box he's still a very useful player.

He's scored 9 in 9. You've got no strikers.

Whether he got the ball or not tends to go out of the window with those high tackles.

Yeah but he didn't go in at that height, only the momentum of the clearance took his leg there. He can't just stop it in an instant. Have you seen it yet? :razz:

Nope, i wasn't making a judgement, only stating what typically happens. :thup:

Only messing.

There's no way it's only momentum, he tries to hurt Dembele.

Don't wish to go all Clarkson, but anyone who saw that in realtime and believes that is a red card should be executed infront of their families.

As some daftie said on the twitter, the likes of Batty wouldn't be allowed on the pitch anymore. Glad it resulted in a Liverpool defeat like, but still....

Guest kingdawson

The way Everton fc is run is simply disgusting imho. Ok i get Kenwright has no cash but what imbecile lets 2 good strikers simply leave on transfer deadline day (when you're already short on strikers) and bring in an Argentinian forward on loan in the hope that he can do something? i mean that's just a joke.

There's no way it's only momentum, he tries to hurt Dembele.

Absolutely don't buy that.

Oh, right, cool.

You make it sound like I endorsed us getting rid of him?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Oh, right, cool.

I've always under rated Yakubu. Guess he really must be one of those players you like while he's playing for you.

Oh, right, cool.

We all know you made the final decision Neil, just admit it.

Don't wish to go all Clarkson, but anyone who saw that in realtime and believes that is a red card should be executed infront of their families.

As some daftie said on the twitter, the likes of Batty wouldn't be allowed on the pitch anymore. Glad it resulted in a Liverpool defeat like, but still....

So you rather have players like HBA out for a season than penalize these tackles? It's just totally unnecessary to follow with the trailing leg like that.

Oh, right, cool.

We all know you made the final decision Neil, just admit it.

What can I say? I had a bet on him staying.

Oh, right, cool.

:lol:

Nah, just wondered what you thought of the fatty's form since leaving tbh. Seems a bit cheap at £1.5 million.

So you rather have players like HBA out for a season than penalize these tackles? It's just totally unnecessary to follow with the trailing leg like that.

Wut. Not sure how that Spearing clearance is at all comparable with De Jong going over the ball on Ben Arfa.

Looks to me like it was an unfortunate follow-through. It happens. Get on with it :thup:

Oh, right, cool.

:lol:

Nah, just wondered what you thought of the fatty's form since leaving tbh. Seems a bit cheap at £1.5 million.

Didn't know he had 9 in 9. Can't say I'm surprised - he attracts plenty of criticism but his goalscoring record speaks for itself. Got a very bad injury for us after he'd got 21 goals the previous season; was a fraction of the player when he came back.

As for the price, it just reflects what I've said a few times about Moyes having his favourites. Post-injury Yakubu was not one of his favourites, hence he was out the door. I thought he still had something to give us even if he wasn't as good as the 07/08 season.