The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

What were his tactics against us like? Wait until both of our CBs are off the pitch and we're down to 10 men and then attack us? :lol:

Think it was along the lines of let Mata & Sturridge take apart our shit fullbacks

What were his tactics against us like? Wait until both of our CBs are off the pitch and we're down to 10 men and then attack us? :lol:

Attack Ryan Taylor. Worked a fucking charm, too.

For my money, I don't think the injuries to our CBs were incidental either. I'm sure the toll of having to repeatedly cover for Raylor had a bearing on them and the injuries were, in part, down to being overworked.

So what about tonight?

ManCity to win but still miss out as Napoli defeat Villarreal (which will be cheered by most Villarreal fans I know).

ManU to get their act together and finish first

Benfica, Lille, Ajax (despite losing) to qualify elsewhere.

Are my bets

So what about tonight?

ManCity to win but still miss out as Napoli defeat Villarreal (which will be cheered by most Villarreal fans I know).

Are my bets

Can see Real beating Ajax 2,3-0 and Lyon going berserk and trashing Zagreb 5-0.

Guest Roger Kint

I have a feeling City will get knocked out tonight. Come to think of it, Man U will f*** up tonight too.

Europa League here they come!

Apparently according to a German journo(Honigstein) Bayern arent taking a particularly strong team, Mentioned 3 or 4 that definately wouldnt start. Citeh, as funny as it would be to see them go out, will no doubt win comfortably.

So what about tonight?

Are my bets

I don't have doubts about Madrid winning comfortably, but can't really see Lyon putting away enough given how rachitic they have looked in front of goal so far.

But so will Napoli.

I think the last time Man U were in the Uefa Cup was when they were knocked out by Rotor Volgograd, and before that Videoton. They've got a shite record in it.

I have a feeling City will get knocked out tonight. Come to think of it, Man U will f*** up tonight too.

Europa League here they come!

Apparently according to a German journo(Honigstein) Bayern arent taking a particularly strong team, Mentioned 3 or 4 that definately wouldnt start. Citeh, as funny as it would be to see them go out, will no doubt win comfortably.

But they need Villarreal to get a result, and they won't. They have nothing to play for, are in dire form, have enough worries in the league and they won't be too thrilled with making Agüero any favors (Villarreal and Agüero go a long way).

As long as Napoli win I'm not too arsed. Can't see Man United ballsing up personally but Benfica will take the group.

:thup:

If Man U were at Old Trafford, then they would probably go through comfortably but being away.....you just never know what might happen especially considering their form/performances these days.

So what about tonight?

Are my bets

I don't have doubts about Madrid winning comfortably, but can't really see Lyon putting away enough given how rachitic they have looked in front of goal so far.

Rachitic, what an unexpected word to use.

So what about tonight?

Are my bets

Rachitic, what an unexpected word to use.

It's a pretty common Spanish expression, I like to mix them up with my English from time to time. It just means something is weak.

Heh, Mallorca have went and equalized Granada in the "umbrella match" (it was suspended with 30 minutes to go when one of the officials got hit by an umbrella from the stands, and it's being restarted today). Granada tried to get the FA to consider the match finished, so this will p*ss them off.

Heh, Mallorca have went and equalized Granada in the "umbrella match" (it was suspended with 30 minutes to go when one of the officials got hit by an umbrella from the stands, and it's being restarted today). Granada tried to get the FA to consider the match finished, so this will p*ss them off.

Loved the explanation for the umbrella incident, that a kid in the stand was holding the umbrella and it came away from the handle.