Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest BenArfa10

I'm not blaming Coloccini here, I mean he's not completely blameless but when you have a midfield two of Tiote and Anita who provide no outlet, no through balls, no creative spark whatsoever then the link up between defence and the forwards is going to be non-existent. On top of that there are two (sometimes one incredibly) forwards who can't make the ball stick in the final third, not helped by the fact that they get no supporting runs from midfield. When this is the case then the defenders are going to come under way too much pressure. Are you telling me that the next to imperious Coloccini we've seen from the last three or four seasons has suddenly 'turned shit', no he hasn't. When Pardew is playing Cisse on the wing, De Jong up front completely separated from the rest of the team and our only creative outlet which could relieve that pressure is sat on the bench in favour of Dan FUCKING Gosling then the vast majority of the play is going to involve opposition players running at our defence. Doesn't compensate for individual errors like but it is something to bear in mind. The only players we have that can harm the opposition are Remy and Debuchy (Sissoko as well to some extent) and they ain't playing. We kissed goodbye to our season when we sold Cabaye for a fucking pittance and didn't replace him.

I sincerely hope nobody's daft enough to still think he's an effective club captain. He's bloody useless.

Captain is a notional thing man, stop being the The Sun. We don't have a single leader on the pitch, it's embarrassing and a symptom of not having one on the touchline / on the board.

We have a player who's been given leadership duties and consistently fails to assume them. If you don't think that's worthy of criticism, fair enough. But I know for a fact you do, you just don't want to criticise Coloccini.

We have a player who's been given leadership duties and consistently fails to assume them. If you don't think that's worthy of criticism, fair enough. But I know for a fact you do, you just don't want to criticise Coloccini.

Such drivel. Colo was shite today, I have no problem criticising him, he has been the last few games.

Captain is nowt but an armband, a cointoss and an interview though.

Guest palnese

Such drivel. Colo was shite today, I have no problem criticising him, he has been the last few games.

The bottom part is rubbish

More than 1 player should be a leader on the field. It shouldn't take an armband for someone to assume this role.

Unsurprisingly we have 0 leaders.

Then he's not doing his job. He's the most senior player in the side and as the captain and senior CB he should be organising the defence at the very least. He just walks around with his head down playing shit.

The armband signifies he's been given the responsibility of leading the team ahead of any other player in the squad. Colo doesn't lead the team. Pardew's as much to blame as Colo for the lack of leadership by letting him have it.

I'm getting very close to reaching the point of no return with this absolute bloody cowboy. He clearly can't be arsed anymore.

He's made it more than clear that he doesn't want to play here. If you're contracted to work for shite employers in a country you no longer wish to be in, then you're going to be awful.

He has been bad but we should have been proactive and sorted it out earlier.

I'm getting very close to reaching the point of no return with this absolute bloody cowboy. He clearly can't be arsed anymore.

He's made it more than clear that he doesn't want to play here. If you're contracted to work for shite employers in a country you no longer wish to be in, then you're going to be awful.

Aye. Hindsight's a wonderful thing but we really shouldn't have kept him beyond last summer.

Hope he leaves this summer, his attitude and application have been worse than shit in the last few months and he's cost us a few goals too. The way he just shrugged his shoulders after he gave the ball away and Man Utd scored was disrespectful.

Take the captains armband off him and give it to Tiote and put the useless prick on the bench

Aye. Hindsight's a wonderful thing but we really shouldn't have kept him beyond last summer.

We have his replacement at the club. The manager doesn't like him.

He is the only player allowed to speak to the referee as well and should also be the manager/coach's voice on the field inspiring others either by example or by giving directions.

Needs dropping and should never have walked back into the side when Yanga was doing so well.

It was the ideal opportunity to really bring Mapou through and make him feel like he was Colo's successor. Sadly Pardew inexplicably hates the lad.