Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I'm seriously doubting his injury now tbh.

I'm not. I saw him f***ing do it.

Back injuries can be very difficult to confirm by medical examination. It's an old trick for agents to advise players who want to leave to say they've got a back injury.

How do you fake 2 broken bones though? :lol:

Guest neesy111

Maybe Coloccini got injured doing that overhead kick in the corner.

I'd say possibly two broken bones or something in his back.

The club then let him go home to rehabilitate as a) he's already homesick and b) what difference does it make?

Then maybe he just went to a match while he was at home as he's a fan of the club.

Crazy I know.

Common Sense, it'll never catch on.

Btw Haidara injury; Cabaye straight on twitter showing support for his injured team mate (also showing support watching our game (did colo?) and congratulating Taylor (colo's partner for years) on his call up) still waiting for Colo's response.

:lol: He might have just called them on their phones, though.

I left my heart, in San Loooorenzo!

Looks like he's on the mend, hopefully be back soon and Mapou can play at Full-back. Hope his head will be sorted enough to put in some first class displays lift the Europa as his last act at the club  :cheesy:

Btw Haidara injury; Cabaye straight on twitter showing support for his injured team mate (also showing support watching our game (did colo?) and congratulating Taylor (colo's partner for years) on his call up) still waiting for Colo's response.

:lol: He might have just called them on their phones, though.

Phones don't exist in the land of outrage and bollocks!

Looks like he's on the mend, hopefully be back soon and Mapou can play at Full-back. Hope his head will be sorted enough to put in some first class displays lift the Europa as his last act at the club  :cheesy:

He can start on the bench when he gets back and earn his place.

He can start on the bench when he gets back and earn his place.

not if we've got nee full backs and need MYM there

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jonas-gutierrez-says-newcastle-united-1766661

By Lee Ryder

Gutierrez: We've not seen the last of Coloccini

21 Mar 2013 08:24

Jonas Gutierrez insists Newcastle United fans have not seen the last of Fabricio Coloccini, and that he will be back playing soon

Newcastle United skipper Fabricio Coloccini WILL be back this season – according to his closest mate Jonas Gutierrez.

The Argentinian international spoke to Coloccini in Buenos Aires, and the good news from South America is that the United skipper is on the mend.

Coloccini was last seen in action against Southampton last month in the 4-2 win.

However, despite hopes he could make a swift return back then it was revealed in the Chronicle two weeks ago that he had broken two bones in his back.

But there are hopes he will be back in the frame soon – and he could even be fit for the second leg of the Europa League clash with Benfica on April 11.

Coloccini is regarded as the ultimate professional and always gets things right when it comes to training and rehab.

When asked if he’d be back this term, Jonas played down fears from fans that they’d seen the last of him.

He told the Chronicle:  “Yes. When he got the injury they said six to eight weeks only.

“When you talk about Colo we know he can do it quicker.

“He always does the right things and he doesn’t have any problems, so we will see him soon.”

And Jonas revealed that Coloccini, who is spending time with family in Argentina, is in good spirits.

He said: “I spoke with him and he’s feeling  better.

“It is a long-term injury of about a month or so.

“Therefore it was going to be hard to bring him back in the condition that he left.

“We know what type of professional he is and we understand he can’t come back and just play a little bit.

“We all want him back to play full games.

“We want him back as quickly as possible because he’s really important for us.”

Meanwhile, speaking at the Hall of Fame dinner at St James’ Park, Jonas was rubbing shoulders with former stars like Tino Asprilla, Alan Shearer, Rob Lee, John Beresford and Paul Bracewell.

He said: “It’s always great to meet these players but it is for such a good charity like the Football Foundation.

“I was happy to be there.”

Guest firetotheworks

It's going to take a lot for me to turn against Coloccini, even though he's turned on us. Love is blind...with a perm.

Guest Roger Kint

Hope he's enjoying the recuperation period.

My advice to any injured player would be to get the fuck away from our sub-zero temperatures if you possibly can.

The Sun claim he was seen lugging 10 massive bags into Newcastle Airport on his way out of the country :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-skipper-fabricio-coloccini-1862520#.UUxGVabirHw.twitter

Fabricio Coloccini will return to Newcastle United’s Benton base at the start of next week – allaying fears that he has played his last game for the Magpies.

Coloccini was spotted on camera cheering on San Lorenzo during a club- approved tripback to South America. The Chronicle understands Toon chiefs aren’t concerned by what has been deemed an innocent bit of downtime for the Newcastle skipper.

United expect Coloccini to be back next month and he could even be fit to play a part in two- legged tie with Benfica after suffering a back injury.

We reported last night that Coloccini was ahead of schedule after his close pal Jonas Gutierrez provided an update after speaking to the defender from Buenos Aires.

The Argentina international centre-back agreed to stay at Newcastle in January until the end of the season.

However, despite speculation he is ready to return to San Lorenzo at the end of the season, nothing has yet been decided or confirmed.

The video images of Coloccini supporting San Lorenzo against Colon de Santa Fe have obviously fuelled talk he is desperate to join the club full- time this summer.

Coloccini’s agent flew over to Tyneside in January, but United did not agree to released the £7m-rated defender on a free transfer.

He remains under contract until 2016, and a discussion of what happens in the summer is yet to take place.

The Argentina international centre-back agreed to stay at Newcastle in January until the end of the season.

Can't understand bits like this, fairly sure he agreed to stay till 2016 when he signed his contract.

what pissed me off with his clearance that hurt him was that loads of people said how good it was, so skillfull etc.....what he actually done was played the ball blindly to the edge of our box which they picked up,in a lot more dangerous position than just putting it out for a throw or just trying to wellie it up the line.

If he moves to SL in the summer, I'd happily sue the fuck out of him and them :aww:

We should have taken action against them in January iyam. They made 'Arry look like an honourable businessman.

what p*ssed me off with his clearance that hurt him was that loads of people said how good it was, so skillfull etc.....what he actually done was played the ball blindly to the edge of our box which they picked up,in a lot more dangerous position than just putting it out for a throw or just trying to wellie it up the line.

True. He had no need to carry the ball to where he did. He could have just booted it clear but he tried to be clever and ended up injuring himself.

If Colo wants to leave in the Summer NUFC should make him buy his way out of the contract. He's been getting paid a reported £50K a week during his time with NUFC so that's £2.6m a year (before tax) he's been getting. Let's see how much you really want to leave Colo. Put your money where your mouth is.

Is he eligible for that Webster Ruling thingy?

I wish! I reckon he will end up going for a free in the summer.

The club he is desperate to leave for sound like they don't have a pot to piss in. If he left on a Webster we would probably be looking at a couple of million. - Edit: might be thinking of the wrong ruling  :blush:

We need to push them for decent prospects, first options etc.. At least get something out of it!