Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Would be tempted by Debuchy or Beye right back, we haven't really been blessed there the last 20-odd years.  Enrique left back too.

Agree on both counts. The main full backs in KK's sides (Beresford, Hottinger, Barton etc etc) wouldn't touch the modern day full back imho and, whilst Bernard was immense for that 18 month period, I've not seen a better LB than Enrique for NUFC.

Off the top of my head:

Given

Beye                      Colo                                            Woodgate                        Enrique

Dyer                        Lee                                            Cabaye                            Ginola                   

Beardsley

Shearer                           

Subs:

Krul

Debuchy

Albert

Speed

Gillespie

Ferdinand

Cole

Solano and Robert have to be in the squad at least.

Different side (although as mentioned above Dyer was really more of a central player) but Robert shitted all over Dyer talent wise from a great, great height.

Robert's the best winger we've had in my lifetime by a distance. With the way the game's changing in favour of a different type of wide player I can see that lasting a while.

I'm a little biased, mind. He's the third player on my teamsheet.

Robert's the best winger we've had in my lifetime by a distance. With the way the game's changing in favour of a different type of wide player I can see that lasting a while.

I'm a little biased, mind. He's the third player on my teamsheet.

Ginola was better IMHO.

Come on then......stick your team up.

Said this many times before on here but if I were looking for Ginola or Robert to play in a team that was looking to be at the very very top I'd pick Ginola every time as he was a better footballer than Robert (he could play as a #10 for example).

Not to take anything away from Robert like as you look at just how many goals/assists he got for us. Perfect player at the perfect time. :thup:

Stepping away from the debate a minute, just admiring the brilliance but everyone should watch Sewelly's youtube video Laurent Robert - All 32 goals for Newcastle.

So many utterly ridiculous goals that we would be arguing should be goal of the season, he could fucking hammer a ball with so much accuracy from all sorts of distances and angles!

Robert's contribution in terms of goals and assists gets him in my team, but god was he frustrating, especially towards the end of his time here. Easily one of the laziest players we've had, and for every screamer free kick he scored he shanked a good 10 others, if not more.

Unplayable on his day, but lost interest and had a bit of a shit attitude.

Robert's contribution in terms of goals and assists gets him in my team, but god was he frustrating, especially towards the end of his time here. Easily one of the laziest players we've had, and for every screamer free kick he scored he shanked a good 10 others, if not more.

Unplayable on his day, but lost interest and had a bit of a shit attitude.

My thoughts exactly Lenny.

There were games where he couldn't be arsed mind. There were some games where we'd be attacking and Bernard would overlap Robert to make the run forward (when Robert didn't have the ball) and if we gave the ball away, you'd see Bernard storm past Robert to get back into position where Robert wasn't covering. :lol:

I loved Woodgate, but people are seriously forgetting how good Colo actually was for us under a long period of time. He was excellent for us for over 12months and performed day in day out. I'd probably have Colo in my team if I had to pick one of the two because you don't find many classy defenders like Colo.

I have never seen a classier defender for us than Woodgate. There were games I spent a good deal of the time just watching him for the enjoyment of that alone. Supremely calm, unerring anticipation, collossal in the air, did the simple things and turn or pass out of trouble, and the ability to then initiate an attack. Beautiful to watch and with a confidence in him that Colo rarely matches.

It made his injuries all the more gutting to the point I was almost happy to see him go. Nevertheless, he gave us a few games where he made me feel absolutely honoured to have him at the club, something all to rare and extremely precious over the years.

Him and Albert as a pairing man, fuuuck. :cheesy: