Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Newcastle hope "essential" Fabricio Coloccini will forget transfer talk and stay on Tyneside Mar 24, 2014 22:30 By Simon Bird

Doubts about Coloccini’s future have persisted since he asked to quit the St James’ Park club for personal reasons in January last year with Argentina's San Lorenzo desperate to bring him back to his homeland.

He also went back to South America in January this year when he was injured, and again to deal with a family bereavement earlier this month.

Coloccini is the first name on Pardew’s team sheet and the manager wants him to honour the next two years of his contract.

Pardew, whose side entertain Everton on Tuesday, said: “I’m not worried about it at this stage, but obviously it is a conversation that I will have with Colo and we will pick the right decision for the club.

“What might be right for him might not be right for the club, but I am hoping we both make the same decision because I want him to stay. He is an essential part of this team, one of my most important players.

“I don’t see anything to give me cause for alarm, if I am honest. His mentality for the game will never change.

“He is quite calm. He enters the game to be the best player - and most of the time he is.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...#ixzz2wxQvsIy5

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

He's just the club captain. Give him a break.

That took the biscuit, like. I genuinely couldn't care less if he was never to be seen here again. Actually, if the alternative is Steven Taylor then he can stay for a bit.

He's just the club captain. Give him a break.

You love this, you'll be in your element. Nowhere to be seen for the many outstanding performances but as soon as he has a bad game ... BOOM, there you are ready to slag off a player who has been a great servant to the club.

You call that slagging? He played very well against Villa and I said so.

I read your comment with a very sarcastic tone. It just pisses me off to see Colo get so much shit when he's constantly one of our best players and has been for a while. All this when the likes of Sissoko, Cisse and Dummett imitate footballers.