Darlington 0-2 Newcastle United

ponsaelius

Part of me agrees with QBG, like. Would be a shame for the majority - who like a pint before the game and at half time. But for too many c***s, watching a game of football is simply another piece of the weekend binge jigsaw, and serving booze at the ground facilitates this.

The pitch invasion was initially pretty funny tbf. I didn't go on myself and wouldn't have even if I had the opportunity but the initial nonsense was over in what, a minute or so at most. It got pretty fucking boring when the daft cunts at the front continued with it and started kicking off and delaying the game further (antagonised, I think, by Darlo fans who had come across).

Didn't ruin a decent game for me though, loud support and half decent game for a friendly. For most of the little charvers at the front this will be their only game of the season, thankfully.

In terms of the match I was impressed with Cabaye, Best and Ben Arfa. Sammy actually looked pretty good besides his goal when he came on too.

Part of me agrees with QBG, like. Would be a shame for the majority - who like a pint before the game and at half time. But for too many c***s, watching a game of football is simply another piece of the weekend binge jigsaw, and serving booze at the ground facilitates this.

Aye, at most of the away games I've been to the fans have been fine, but there's always a chance that stuff like we've seen tonight can happen. There are always plenty of pubs near to the grounds and then alcohol is regularly available inside, its fine for the supporter who just wants to enjoy the game, but then you get charvers who can't handle their drink and it kicks off.

Aye, at most of the away games I've been to the fans have been fine, but there's always a chance that stuff like we've seen tonight can happen. There are always plenty of pubs near to the grounds and then alcohol is regularly available inside, its fine for the supporter who just wants to enjoy the game, but then you get charvers who can't handle their drink and it kicks off.

That's no reason to stop the vast majority of level headed supporters from having a sup.

Pardew, whose side won 2-0, said: "It's regrettable and not what we want to be talking about from the first game.

"Initially I thought it was good-natured but a few idiots spoiled it for the majority of fans."

Guest BooBoo

Banning alcohol at grounds would else help to ease the problem of SJP half emptying after 35 minutes and not getting back to capacity till 55 minute mark. Some of the match goers are more interested in a pie and a pint out the back, than the actual match.

Banning drink in the ground wouldn't make much of a difference IMO. The vast majority do their supping prematch anyway and if people want to carry on being daft, they'll carry on being daft regardless. I think, I might be wrong, drink is banned in Scotland and yet it still kicks off at OF games from time to time. From my experiences in Argentina, you struggled to get a drink near the stadium nevermind inside and yet we all saw what happened at River Plate last month.

That's no reason to stop the vast majority of level headed supporters from having a sup.

True I admit it would be unfair for the majority to suffer because of the actions of a few.

Pardew, whose side won 2-0, said: "It's regrettable and not what we want to be talking about from the first game.

"Initially I thought it was good-natured but a few idiots spoiled it for the majority of fans."

Spot on. I don't really condone it but the intial pitch invasion was on and then over in about a minute or so. It was the set of tossers at the front who continued to fuck about and fight amongst themselves that nearly got it called off.

Banning drink in the ground wouldn't make much of a difference IMO. The vast majority do their supping prematch anyway and if people want to carry on being daft, they'll carry on being daft regardless. I think, I might be wrong, drink is banned in Scotland and yet it still kicks off at OF games from time to time. From my experiences in Argentina, you struggled to get a drink near the stadium nevermind inside and yet we all saw what happened at River Plate last month.

Whereas in Jormany they serve drink in the stands and it's as laid back as you like.

Solution - Serve more drink in the grounds. People clearly aren't pissed enough.

Banning alcohol at grounds would else help to ease the problem of SJP half emptying after 35 minutes and not getting back to capacity till 55 minute mark. Some of the match goers are more interested in a pie and a pint out the back, than the actual match.

You're right there like. Pisses me off something terrible, that.

If I'm intent on getting quite drunk for the match then I'll have a few drinks at a pub outside the ground and get there just before kick-off.  Banning alcohol from the ground would only stop me getting a pint at half time, which was the situation at a good few away games last year anyway.

or not have the first friendly of the season at a club a few miles down the road scheduled for a friday evening...

Sadly, morons are going to be morons whatever time of day or night it is.