Columbus Crew 0-3 Newcastle United REPLAY RADIO LINK ADDED in OP

Skirge

“Coloccini’s a slight doubt, as is Cheik,” Pardew told the Gazette. “Ryan Taylor’s definitely out, but I’m going to play a strong side.”

If those two miss out there will be a much stronger team unavailable. :laugh:

Jose will play  :thup:

“He will play at Columbus and he trained well.” “We have shaken hands and put it all to bed like grown men should. “Now and again we all make mistakes.”

I can't believe this isn't on TV here or being streamed. What a joke.

why??? It's a meaningless pre season friendly ffs.

By here I mean the US. There are tons of these friendlies on TV. Just annoying that of the 3 games Orlando City is the one that got a webcast together and the two MLS teams can't (probably because of contractual reasons, but still annoying). Preseason friendly or not, I'd like to watch it.

Jose will play  :thup:

“He will play at Columbus and he trained well.” “We have shaken hands and put it all to bed like grown men should. “Now and again we all make mistakes.”

They probably made up because he's playing for free for the next 2 weeks. The way to Ashley's heart.

Newcastle United go head-to-head with Columbus Crew this evening for only the second time in the club's history, with the previous meeting taking place 11 years ago to the day, ahead of the 2000/01 season.

That game, under the management of Sir Bobby Robson, ended 2-2 in front of over 18,000 with both Newcastle goals coming from Carl Cort - his first for the club following his £7 million arrival from Wimbledon earlier that summer.

Also in action for Columbus that night was Robert Warzycha - a former Polish international who is currently head coach for the home side and will renew acquaintances from the dug-out this evening.

Founded in 1994, Columbus Crew have competed in Major League Soccer since its inception and landed the MLS Cup - a play-off to decide who wins the league championship - as recently as 2008.

The Ohio club currently sit second in the Eastern Conference table, level on points with first-placed Philadelphia Union after 21 games. Among their ranks is Peruvian international Andrés Mendoza - their current top scorer.

A notable name from the Crew's past is former Blackburn and Aston Villa goalkeeper Brad Friedel, who almost signed for Newcastle back in 1994 but was denied by work permit issues.

They play their home games at the Columbus Crew Stadium - a 20,000 capacity venue that was the first ground in America to be purpose-built for Major League Soccer.

This evening's game kicks-off at 7:30pm local time, which is 12:30am here in the UK. For all the latest on the match, keep your eyes on nufc.co.uk and nufcTV.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110726/columbus-crew-preview_2281670_2402300

No one's gonna stay up just to listen to it on the radio anyway man.  :lol:

Oh aye.... I bet there will be some

I probably will :lol: I'm actually that sad!

I will be up anyway so I will be listening

I think radio commentary is better than silent video. Never thought that until I watched the last match, seems I need sound to enjoy footy.

Yup, takes too much concentration to enjoy it with nee sound. Went for a piss a cuple of times and had to check on here to see if anyone had scored!

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

You do realize it will be American commentary..

i.e. "Amy-obi is in the end zone"

What the hell kind of team can we put out? Assuming Colo & Tiote aren't risked..

Harper

Gosling, Tav, Taylor, Enrique

Marveaux, Abeid, Vuckic, Jonas

Ba Shola

Subs: Forster, Krul, Dummett, Lovenkrands, Best, Smith

Unless Jonas plays right back?