Only 48,000 today?

Guest kingdawson

kingdawson, before you leave after taking a battering on this thread, whats Marton Fulop like? Decent height for a keeper (6"6), but that's all I know about him.

very good keeper, good shotstopper. saw him a couple of times for the reserves. Heard he done very well for coventry. Your a sunderland fan and your begfriending these guys?? DISGRACEFUL.

Begfriending?

Fair enough, case closed.

he's a mackem,begfriending makes perfect sense. :lol:

:cry: :cry: No need.

Oh and someone please tell that begfriend sunderland fan to have more backbone and be proud of he's team rather then suck up to you lot. Kingdawson out.

I am proud of my team thanks very much.  I always defend them on here, and I don't suck up.  I do however, find the crack on here quite good.

awwww come on,very good use of a typo i thought..............

.......or a freudian slip by yourself ?????

Very good, except it was kingdawson that said it.  I know a little English. 

and i know alittle filipino :winking:

kingdawson, before you leave after taking a battering on this thread, whats Marton Fulop like? Decent height for a keeper (6"6), but that's all I know about him.

very good keeper, good shotstopper. saw him a couple of times for the reserves. Heard he done very well for coventry. Your a sunderland fan and your begfriending these guys?? DISGRACEFUL.

Begfriending?

Fair enough, case closed.

he's a mackem,begfriending makes perfect sense. :lol:

:cry: :cry: No need.

Oh and someone please tell that begfriend sunderland fan to have more backbone and be proud of he's team rather then suck up to you lot. Kingdawson out.

I am proud of my team thanks very much.  I always defend them on here, and I don't suck up.  I do however, find the crack on here quite good.

awwww come on,very good use of a typo i thought..............

.......or a freudian slip by yourself ?????

Very good, except it was kingdawson that said it.  I know a little English. 

and i know a little filipino :winking:

:o I bet that's nice.

FUCK OFF YOU COCKNEY NONCE

YOU HAVENT HAD 48000 OR MORE SINCE 1976 8/2/76, SO THATS MORE THAN 30 YEAR YOU FUCKIN HALF TURK HALF GREEK DONNO WHO UR DA IS CUNT

TOTTENHAM TO US ARE LIKE DUNSTON FEDERATION BREWERY ARE TO YOU

FUCK OFF YOU COCKNEY BASTARDS

Guest Ridzuan

Hes just jealous nothing much.Anyway,I thought the attendace was higher than 48,000 considering the high volume and the fact that I didnt see any empty seats,well from my TV set,it doesnt seem like there was.Anyway,I think 48000 is very good.

http://www.fansfc.com/tottenhamhotspurfootballclub/board/message.asp?ID=101388

Normally I do not partake in the everlasting "who supports the bigger club debate", however I have been so sickened by certain Spur fans on various websites this week that I feel it necessary to set the record straight. Despite being a Newcastle fan the FACTS that I present below are simply that, and I will (begrudgingly) give credit where it is due to Spurs. However, I write this knowing that the intelligent reader can be left with only one conclusion:

So first you need to consider what makes a bigger club, Success & History? Support? Financial power? Top Class Players - I will consider all of these and more:

Success (Historical - here I only consider major honors)

So Spurs won the League twice (1951, 1961), the FA Cup on 8 occasions (1901, 1921, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1982, 1991), then league cup 3 times (1971, 1973, 1999) the UEFA cup on 2 occasions (1972, 1984) and

finally the now defunct European Cup Winners Cup in 1963

Newcastle on the other hand won the league on 4 occasions (1905, 1907, 1909, 1927), the FA cup on 6 occasions (1910, 1924, 1932, 1951, 1952, 1955) and the EUFA Cup in 1969.

Therefore it has to be conceded that in terms of historical success Newcastle were more successful in the League but Spurs were more successful in domestic and European trophies as well as overall.

If you want to look at this in decades

1900-1910 Spurs 1 FA, Newcastle 2 League + 1 FA

1911-1920 N/A

1921-1930 Spurs 1 FA, Newcastle 1 League + 1 FA

1931-1940 Newcastle 1 FA

1941-1950 N/A

This proves that Newcastle were more successful during the first half of the last Century.

1951-1960 Spurs 1 League, Newcastle 3 FA Cups

1961-1970 Spurs 1 League & Cup Double + 2 other FA cups and the Cup Winners Cup, Newcastle 1 UEFA cup

1971-1980 Spurs 2 League Cups and 1 UEFA cups

1981-1990 Spurs 2 FA Cups & 1 UEFA cup

1991-2000 Spurs 1 FA cup & 1 League cup

So Spurs were undoubtedly more successful during the 2nd half of the last century. I guess you are all screaming that success is the only criteria for a big club...well stop for a minute and lets consider more recent events:

The Premiership has now run for 14 years, during that time Spurs have been ever present while Newcastle missed the opening (92-93) season as the were busy winning division 1 at the time. So we have 13 years of

shared premiership history, during that time Newcastle have finished above Spurs on 9 occasions and within the top four on 5 occasions, Spurs have never finish in the top four. In the Premier league all time list Newcastle are

5th, Spurs are 7th despite Newcastle having one season outside the Premiership. Therefore, in the premier league Newcastle have been by far the more successful club.

These days it could also be easily argued that qualification for European competition is a criteria for success, after all it is what all teams want to achieve, bring in huge revenues and is one of the principal deciding factors

when trying to sign top class players, again Newcastle are more successful in recent time based on this criteria. They currently stand in 18th Place in the UEFA Co-efficient, Spurs are not actually even listed, however based

on their co-efficient points of 20.950, they would be rank 118. Newcastle have also qualified for the Champions league on 2 occasions, making the second group stages on one of these.

Therefore since the inception of the Premier league it is clear that Newcastle are the more successful club both domestically and abroad. In conclusion we can see that spurs have a better overall history but today Newcastle

are in the ascendancy.

Now lets look at Stadiums & Fans, in terms of stadiums and attendances there is no comparison Spurs have a capacity of 36,240 whereas Newcastle can accommodate 52,387. That is an extra 16,147 bums on seat at

Newcastle, for the last 2 seasons both stadiums have achieved 99-100% occupancy during the last 2 seasons, but looking back to the beginning of the premier league you see any interesting trend:

Newcastle achieved 99-100% occupancy in 95-96, 96-97, 97-98, 99-00 (often listed as approx 70% but during this season stadium was being expanded to 37000-52000 the additional seats were not available) 02-03 and 03-04,

for every season bar one attendance was above 95% (NUFC's first in the premiership attendance was 92%) . Therefore despite losing the title and 2 cup finals, despite Gullit, Dalgliesh, Souness and Sky TV, St James park

was always at least 90% full on average 98.77% full during Newcastle's time in the PL.

Looking at Spurs attendances during this time

During the 93-94 & 94-95 seasons Spurs filled 82% of their seats, in 95-96 season 92%, in 96-97 season 94%, in 97-98 season 81%, in 98-99 season 94% in 99-00 season 96%, in 01-02 season 97% in 02-03 season

99% and in 03-04 season 96%. So Spurs often failed to achieve 90% occupancy and their overall average attendance is only 93.15%. Note unfortunately I don't have exact figures for 00-01 season but it appear both clubs

averaged 99-100% occupancy, for my overall averages I used 99% as the figure for both clubs for this season.

So by the criteria of Stadium and Fans, Newcastle are victorious.

I can hear the cogs whirring in Spurs fans brains from here, looking for an excuse to this. One of the most common is "but Newcastle is a one club city whereas London has many clubs vying for a punters support". At first

glance that appears to make some sense, but lets look a little deeper at that theory. There are 5 other London clubs in the PL (Arsenal, Chelsea, Fulham, Charlton and West Ham), 3 in the championship (Crystal Palace,

Luton & QPR) 2 in League 1 (Leyton Orient & Millwall) and none in league 2 . So 10 London Clubs in the PL + football league. London has a population of 7.5 Million whereas Newcastle has a population of approximately

275,000. Assuming each person in London is equally likely to support any London club each club has a potential fan base in their home city of 750,000, already nearly three time the entire population of Newcastle. Only 1/20th

of that 750,000 (or 1 /200 of the population of London) is needed to fill White Hart Lane, however 1/5 of the population of the Newcastle is needed to fill St James Park, and unlike the Londoners they gladly oblige!!

I rest my case on that Criteria, So on to Finances, this is an easy one: Newcastle were the 12 richest club in the world based on the 2004-2005 season, Spurs were 13 the same year, close you may say...yes if you

consider an additional 16.4 Million in revenue per year close ;-). Last season Newcastle remained 12th while Spurs dropped to 15th. Interestingly Forbes lists the value of Spurs team as $214 million and the value of NUFC

as $302 million. So NUFC have more money and more valuable players.

Speaking of players that is my final criteria, I am not going to bothering arguing if Given is better than Robinson (but he is) all I will say is this, Newcastle can attract world class talent due to our huge stadium, amazing fan

base, regular participation in Europe and financial clout. Basically all the reason I show above as proof we are a bigger club than Spurs help us to keep it that way. This is why we can attract the likes of Shearer, Owen, Ginola,

Asprilla, Duff and Martins to Newcastle and why given the choice they all would choose us above Spurs. Hang n I hear another typical Spurs response "yes but you pay over the odds in wages that is the only reason why you

attract players". Admittedly Newcastle do spend a lot on wages and that may be a reason why a player may choose us over say Liverpool, but I doubt that is why players would choose us over Spurs as we have ever other

advantage anyway.

Once Newcastle were forced to sell their better players but these days are now over and Spurs have been buying our cast-off for the last few years (Ginola, Jenas), and have also now proved that they are a selling club by letting

Carrick go.

So in conclusion Spurs have a rich history but Newcastle have the recent past the present and the foreseeable future

I must say I am liking my lips in anticipation of the mindless responses from those who wish only to misread what I wrote or call me a muppet or something if I missed a London club from my list, in a way it makes victory more

satisfying. Seriously thought if any Spurs fans can rationally counter this I would love to read it.

Interesting read that like.

BTW I wonder if the average Spurs fan finds Kingdawson embarrassing?

I know I would if a Newcastle fan went around spouting shite like he does.

Mmm keeps repeating the same bs and conveniently ignores any posts that proves him room, eg the pompey only having half of their allocation which means toon has less than 1000 empty seats.

isn't it often these types of wankers that mess around on other club's boards.....

as for the remaining 1.000 seats, i must admit that it is a bit of a shame that this happened..... but i am very pleased that the cockney eric cartman is gone!

Wait a minute, i thought the reason you guys wernt selling out was because the matches were cup matches :roll:, so whats the new reason now then??

You'd be doing handstands and shouting from the rooftops about how fantastic your fans are if the Spuds got 48,000.

Perspective, they call it.

Bad for us, superb for you.

Reason - we are fed up lining Shepherds pocket, and 8 goals in 13 games is a reason to want changes.

You lot would be walking 10 yards to get a light if it was you.

As to the Sunderland fan, he doesnt have to wrestle with a Lahnden-press-induced amusingly laughable superiority complex, therefore actually HAS a few braincells to use !

Woah 48,000. Catastrophic.

the thing is, when i brought up your poor attendences before, people were going on about it being a cup match and its different when it comes to the premiership but now we know what utter crap that excuse was.

I think you're confused.  I believe 48000 was the second highest attendance this premiership weekend, only behind manu v chelsea

I think people now realise Kingdawson will only be about 13-16 years old

I still think we should ban him though. His arguments are non-existent, his attitude is wrong and he still hasnt done his homework, his mum will be furious..

Not embarrassed by his comments but doesn't mean to say I agree with them either.  Both Newcastle and Spurs' attendances dived in their bleak years, both are currently getting near capacity attendances currently.  I would be more embarrassed if I was a Blackburn or Boro fans who in the past couple of years have been playing Uefa cup football to half empty stadia in spite of concessionary ticket prices to attract a half decent team.  That's embarrassing imho.

I think people now realise Kingdawson will only be about 13-16 years old

I still think we should ban him though. His arguments are non-existent, his attitude is wrong and he still hasnt done his homework, his mum will be furious..

I seriously dont know why this board puts up with muppets like this guy who don't even support our club. We've got enough of our own to keep us entertained, we dont need other peoples. Spurs fans on the internet are the worst kind.

Not embarrassed by his comments but doesn't mean to say I agree with them either.  Both Newcastle and Spurs' attendances dived in their bleak years, both are currently getting near capacity attendances currently.  I would be more embarrassed if I was a Blackburn or Boro fans who in the past couple of years have been playing Uefa cup football to half empty stadia in spite of concessionary ticket prices to attract a half decent team.  That's embarrassing imho.

How's it embarrassing?  The UEFA Cup is shite, and boring, we're shite, have been for 3 years yet we've had two UEFA QF appearances, and one semi final appearance in that time.  We're in the so called hardest group and we've pissed it.  It's a joke cup for sides like Tottenham and Boro to get all giddy about, but we've fucked up so badly, we have no hope of CL football for a while.  Hand on heart if we were rich enough to do without being in the UEFA Cup I'd be delighted if we weren't in it.  It's a complete joke competition.  In the UEFA Cup we've played about 40 odd games in 3 years, and lost two, us yes, only two.  The fact is your smaller clubs your Tottenham's get all emotional about it as they never get in Europe anyway.

What is embarrassing is a club taking only 400 to St James' Park for an FA Cup replay in 1999, and getting 17,000 in the Premiership one week against the likes of Villa and Wimbledon, and when a proper club plays you, there's 30 odd thousand at the Lane (4/12/93).

How's it embarrassing?  The UEFA Cup is shite, and boring, we're shite, have been for 3 years yet we've had two UEFA QF appearances, and one semi final appearance in that time.  We're in the so called hardest group and we've pissed it.  It's a joke cup for sides like Tottenham and Boro to get all giddy about, but we've fucked up so badly, we have no hope of CL football for a while.  Hand on heart if we were rich enough to do without being in the UEFA Cup I'd be delighted if we weren't in it.  It's a complete joke competition.  In the UEFA Cup we've played about 40 odd games in 3 years, and lost two, us yes, only two.  The fact is your smaller clubs your Tottenham's get all emotional about it as they never get in Europe anyway.

What is embarrassing is a club taking only 400 to St James' Park for an FA Cup replay in 1999, and getting 17,000 in the Premiership one week against the likes of Villa and Wimbledon, and when a proper club plays you, there's 30 odd thousand at the Lane (4/12/93).

The Uefa Cup a joke competition?  Suppose Newcastle got fed up winning it? :roll:

The Uefa Cup a joke competition?  Suppose Newcastle got fed up winning it? :roll:

In the unlikely event that we win it, I will say exactly the same.  It's been pure shite since 1997/1998 when they started fucking on with letting second placed teams in the CL.  We benefitted in 97/98 as it happens with CL football but so fuck.  When you've played in the UEFA Cup as much as we have, you will know, which is why I said the UEFA Cup is a tournament for nothing clubs like Spurs, Villa, Boro, Fulham to get all giddy about.  We're 17th in the League, we end up in the group of death, and we win all our games with our reserves.  You can kid yourselves all you like that beating the likes of Club Bruges is an achievement but it's not.  Under-achievement for Newcastle in the UEFA Cup based on our turnover and transfer expenditure is not winning it.  That sounds arrogant but it's true.  Hand on heart of the sides in it right now, with the strongest XI's, only Sevilla are clearly a better side than us, which emphasises my point on what a true joke cup this is.  Even Spurs are capable of the last 8 I feel which underlines all the above points.

Guest Gemmill

Agree with Stevie's general point about the UEFA being shit.  When we beat Celta Vigo the other day, I was pleased we won, but it's become almost anti-climactic winning games in the UEFA Cup because until you get to the Quarter and Semis you're playing nobodies.  This so called group of death has been a cakewalk.  European nights in the UEFA Cup are such nothing nights at SJP.

Look at the last 10 finals

98 Inter v Lazio - fair enough two good sides, but there was only 2 Italian sides in the CL

99 Parma v Marseille - Marseille were a poor poor side, and Parma's best days were behind them

00 Galatasaray v Arsenal - Both sides dumped out of the CL which emphasises how pathetic it had become

01 Liverpool v Alaves - Dippers dumped out of the CL, Alaves are very ordinary Spanish side relegated the next year

02 Feyenoord v Dortmund - Feyenoord's star players two failed Premiership strikers, Dortmund pale shadows of 97

03 Porto v Celtic - Porto are the exception to all of this, but to emphasise what a joke it is the final was nearly an Oporto derby, with Boavista 7 minutes away from the final.

04 Valencia v Marseille - Valencia dumped out of the CL, and Marseille came TENTH in France

05 CSKA v Sporting - Joke

06 Sevilla v Boro - Biggest joke of all

This competition has become something for the likes of Spurs, who will never get anything better than this, to get excited about, we know better than anyone how dull and uninspiring it has become.

Spurs are hardly doing anything decent in the league, with that "amazing" line up....

True, but still better to be in the top half of the league than not.

You should be on the telly or something with insightful comments like that.