Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

So he has played for Man United 14 times, I would guess not all of these games were televised so say 9 televised? He is a young bit part player with a lot of top class players ahead of him

How to some conclude he is shit? I take it from these 9 or so games those saying he was shit watch man u every chance they can?

To be honest I wouldn't trust a man utd fan on such limited viewings let alone casual observers with no ties to them.

How judgemental are some of the people on here. ffs it isn't easy to get into the Man United team you know, just ask Rossi, Forlan etc. When i've seen him he has looked like someone with a bit of talent. Not blown away by the signing but more than adequate to replace Routledge.

When I've seen him he's ran the ball out of play, scuffed simple shots at goalkeepers, assaulted opposition players and generally looked a bit lost.

Oh, but he does a good step over.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He's actually really decent from what i've seen.

"He's the best average footballer I've ever seen" :lol:

I'm going for a positive spin. Lee Ryder style.

Prepared to give the lad a chance. He must have had something about him to attract Man Utd in the first place so hopefully it's just a lack of football which has made him play poorly when given the chance to play.

People are so quick to say how s*** somebody is on here though, At least it's a body in, which is after all what a lot of people are complaining about. Jose and Barton haven't left yet so it's an addition to the squad. Agreed we still need a first choice front man and cover all across the back four, that will either happen or it won't and no amount of whinging on here is going to change it.

Like Bebe? Man United under Fergie has signed loads of s**** especially in the Obertan/Bellion/Kleberson mold, it just gets swept under the carpet because he's handy at winning things with the players who don't turn out to be offensive to the eyes of anyone with an appreciation of the finer points of the game.

As for the "at least it's a body in" craic, that's just depressing. It's exactly how the club want the fans to look at every transfer - yay, we've signed someone. It doesn't matter if he's utter f***ing tosh it's better than nowt. Bugger me  :facepalm:

I wouldn't associate Bebe with the others tbh.

Maybe not Kleberson as he was a World Cup winner but he's in the same league of Obertan and Bellion, players where no one can really quite believe they've signed for Man United because on the basis of their career so far they're a bit pony.

Meh maybe so.

I just think people are so defeatist, not even kicked a ball and he's turbo shite.

Lets face it, we rarely get players we believe are going to be shit who then tear it up.

How judgemental are some of the people on here. ffs it isn't easy to get into the Man United team you know, just ask Rossi, Forlan etc. When i've seen him he has looked like someone with a bit of talent. Not blown away by the signing but more than adequate to replace Routledge.

Dude, people are generally fucked up, if you didn't know  :lol:

Just have a look at some old threads on the likes of Coloccini and Enrique, who everyone worships now.

You'll find some seriously disheartening stuff in them. It took those two a year to settle in. Left to some people they would have been sold as soon as the next window came around.

What's his goals record like? I'm concerned because Barnetta scores goals and as we already have a team that is short on goal scorers we really needed someone who can find the net either up front or from wide positions. Fast and skilful is nice but it doesn't mean much without end product.

EDIT:

btw anyone who thinks we'll still sign Barnetta needs medical help.

What's his goals record like? I'm concerned because Barnetta scores goals and as we already have a team that is short on goal scorers we really needed someone who can find the net either up front or from wide positions. Fast and skilful is nice but it doesn't mean much without end product.

4 goals in his entire career.

it figures.

4 goals in his entire career.

:lol:

Pleased with the signing. The people going overboard with the negative reactions need to give the baldy a chance. I`ve seen him play 3 or 4 times admitedly but i`ve also seen Owen, Duff, Luque, ( so called quality signings ) etc play a lot worse week in week out in the black and white.

EDIT:

btw anyone who thinks we'll still sign Barnetta needs medical help.

I don't think we'll still sign Barnetta after this either.

Anyway, regarding your first question.

It's like asking what Sturridge, Wellbeck, Cleverley etc goal records were, prior to last season.

Pleased with the signing. The people going overboard with the negative reactions need to give the baldy a chance. I`ve seen him play 3 or 4 times admitedly but i`ve also seen Owen, Duff, Luque, ( so called quality signings ) etc play a lot worse week in week out in the black and white.

He's tricky enough to play others in and has good vision, but if he's the support striker it's a bad signing.

If we somehow manage to sign a decent striker also, it's not that bad an appointment.

Benzema please Alan!