Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

The over-reactions and pessimism on here is laughable. The lad's certainly got age on his side. He's clearly talented, with plenty of pace and a strong physique. As long as it's a reasonable fee (which it will be :lol:) it's not much of a risk! I do understand though the frustration if he were to be the only player we sign before the window shuts.

Guest Chubby Jason

He's the cheapo option after so many better players have gone elsewhere because the club won't fork out even halfway reasonable transfer fees, that's why people don't want him here.

And he's crap.

I've seen very little of him to be frank, I tend not to watch Man Utd reserve matches.

The opinions from Man Utd fans on Redcafe (and Froggy on here) are very mixed to say the least.

Does seem to reinforce the version that Ashley is interested only in keeping us in the prem on a minimum budget, rather than pushing the boat out even a little bit for some extra proven quality. One suspected it, but it's all pretty clear in this deal v Barnetta last couple days.

Hope the lad does well though, obviously.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Doesn't seem to have good decision making, but has the rest of the tools to make it in football. Plus, has a lightbulb for a head, so that's a bonus.

Guest Chubby Jason

I live in Manchester and the consensus is that he's a shit signing and one that's easily disposable.

I've seen very little of him to be frank, I tend not to watch Man Utd reserve matches.

The opinions from Man Utd fans on Redcafe (and Froggy on here) are very mixed to say the least.

I just think he's complete dung. People say he's fast etc. but he can barely even run right. He's turned a few defenders 'cause he looks awkward as fuck and the defender hasn't a fucking clue what's going on. The problem is, Obertan doesn't either.

Neil, stick me in you sig. I'll drink my own piss if he plays to an average level.

I just think he's complete dung. People say he's fast etc. but he can barely even run right. He's turned a few defenders 'cause he looks awkward as fuck and the defender hasn't a fucking clue what's going on. The problem is, Obertan doesn't either.

Neil, stick me in you sig. I'll drink my own piss if he plays to an average level.

He's basically the French Shola, plus pace.

Guest BooBoo

I work with a lot of Man Utd fans and none of the feedback I've had was particularly encouraging.

Smacks of a panic buy tbh.

I live in Manchester and the consensus is that he's a shit signing and one that's easily disposable.

... as I do ... and have worked there for over 30 years so have a lot of Manchester United supporting friends. Can honestly say he's so off the radar  I've never heard even one of them bother to mention him ...