Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

He looks s*** in those youtube compilations. Says alot!

Says f*** all tbh. Or is this sarcasm? :lol:

If you cant be good on youtube, you must be pretty s*** right?

Even if you are good on Youtube, you can turn out to be shit. Ergo, Youtube means nout. IMO anyway

I for one allways thought Obertan had potential when watching him. He just need some game time and confidence to get his game together. He do have some skill. Is french speaking aswell as english speaking. Will be good for the group. Aswell as comming from scum wich surely will be in some regard for our imports.

Guest MrSundlofer

I'm happy.

In 2007-08 he played 37 games and scored 3 goals for Bordeaux. In 2008-09 he played 36 games and scored 4 goals for Bordeaux and Lorient. During this time he played for France U19 and U21.

He then signed for Manchester United. Arrived in a new country, at the biggest club in England, with a tough competition... 14 games in the league during 2 seasons. Probably coming on from the bench mostly of them.

He's probably not playing with self-confidence nowadays. A new challenge at Newcastle United, joining Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Ba, Marveaux and Abeid may be exactly what he needs!

Or, everything may work out s***. Be positive.

We need new players. We know he has the potential to develop into a better player. It's not really to bad.

Not really, if anything Gosling should have been more highly rated given the comparison in squads.

Would you rate Barton so highly if you had players on the wing like Giggs, Nani, Valencia, Park and now Young?

Obertan could turn out to be shit but he has not really had a chance. If Sturridge had decided to fight for his place instead of going on loan to Bolton then I reckon we would have similar reactions if we spent £10m plus on the 'chelsea' reject.

To be fair, the Man U fan on here reckons he's turboshit, that's the only reason I'm concerned as he seems to have seen a fair bit of him. If I was just going off YT I'd say he looks a hell of a prospect. I hope he does well but the fact Fergie's letting him go suggests he might turn out to be an Ali Aliadere type, all fart and no shit.

Not really, if anything Gosling should have been more highly rated given the comparison in squads.

Would you rate Barton so highly if you had players on the wing like Giggs, Nani, Valencia, Park and now Young?

Obertan could turn out to be s*** but he has not really had a chance. If Sturridge had decided to fight for his place instead of going on loan to Bolton then I reckon we would have similar reactions if we spent £10m plus on the 'chelsea' reject.

It's not about that though. Obviously fans of Everton wouldn't brag about how talented Gosling was when we basically stole him. Most were p*ssed. Obertan though, is an utter reject, and Man U fans couldn't care less. There's no reason for them to lie about his abilities.

Obertan could turn out to be shit but he has not really had a chance. If Sturridge had decided to fight for his place instead of going on loan to Bolton then I reckon we would have similar reactions if we spent £10m plus on the 'chelsea' reject.

To be fair, the Man U fan on here reckons he's turboshit, that's the only reason I'm concerned as he seems to have seen a fair bit of him. If I was just going off YT I'd say he looks a hell of a prospect. I hope he does well but the fact Fergie's letting him go suggests he might turn out to be an Ali Aliadere type, all fart and no shit.

Yep.

He looks s*** in those youtube compilations. Says alot!

Says f*** all tbh. Or is this sarcasm? :lol:

If you cant be good on youtube, you must be pretty s*** right?

Even if you are good on Youtube, you can turn out to be s***. Ergo, Youtube means nout. IMO anyway

Youtube doesnt work the other way...

Obertan could turn out to be s*** but he has not really had a chance. If Sturridge had decided to fight for his place instead of going on loan to Bolton then I reckon we would have similar reactions if we spent £10m plus on the 'chelsea' reject.

To be fair, the Man U fan on here reckons he's turboshit, that's the only reason I'm concerned as he seems to have seen a fair bit of him. If I was just going off YT I'd say he looks a hell of a prospect. I hope he does well but the fact Fergie's letting him go suggests he might turn out to be an Ali Aliadere type, all fart and no s***.

Fergie let go of Rossi, Forlán and Piqué. He isn't infallible.

That said, Obertán has looked like a headless chicken when I have seen him take the pitch. But too early to count him out.

Guest Haris Vuckic

To be fair, the Man U fan on here reckons he's turboshit, that's the only reason I'm concerned as he seems to have seen a fair bit of him. If I was just going off YT I'd say he looks a hell of a prospect. I hope he does well but the fact Fergie's letting him go suggests he might turn out to be an Ali Aliadere type, all fart and no s***.

Fergie let go of Rossi, Forlán and Piqué. He isn't infallible.

That said, Obertán has looked like a headless chicken when I have seen him take the pitch. But too early to count him out.

Yeh I wouldn't want to count my headless chickens

My Man U mates reckon he's a load of s*** too. But like I've said, I'll give him a chance if he does sign for us.

He probably is shit in comparison to the players ahead of him in the squad/team.

I'm all for gving players the chance to prove (or disprove) themselves. Lets hope its the fact he's lacked gametime. Although I can see average being written all over him.

My Man U mates reckon he's a load of s*** too. But like I've said, I'll give him a chance if he does sign for us.

He probably is s*** in comparison to the players ahead of him in the squad/team.

I'm all for gving players the chance to prove (or disprove) themselves. Lets hope its the fact he's lacked gametime. Although I can see average being written all over him.

Yeah........

Hope he comes in - we need some pace and we need a squad. Give him a chance and figure that at £3m we can afford to take a calculated gamble. also we need someone who can play wide right if necessary. Still need a striker and a LB minimum.

Potential to have a complete french speaking midfield/attack no? sans Barton/Jonas when in/out of team.

Marveux - Cabaye - Tiote - Obertan

---------------HBA-------------------

----------------Ba-----------------

Guest Chubby Jason

I was wondering why my Man U supporting mate sent me a text with Hahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahha and nothing else in it, I guess I now have the answer.

:lol: