Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Guest Heneage

Prepared to give the lad a chance. He must have had something about him to attract Man Utd in the first place so hopefully it's just a lack of football which has made him play poorly when given the chance to play.

People are so quick to say how s*** somebody is on here though, At least it's a body in, which is after all what a lot of people are complaining about. Jose and Barton haven't left yet so it's an addition to the squad. Agreed we still need a first choice front man and cover all across the back four, that will either happen or it won't and no amount of whinging on here is going to change it.

Like Bebe? Man United under Fergie has signed loads of s**** especially in the Obertan/Bellion/Kleberson mold, it just gets swept under the carpet because he's handy at winning things with the players who don't turn out to be offensive to the eyes of anyone with an appreciation of the finer points of the game.

As for the "at least it's a body in" craic, that's just depressing. It's exactly how the club want the fans to look at every transfer - yay, we've signed someone. It doesn't matter if he's utter f***ing tosh it's better than nowt. Bugger me  :facepalm:

I wouldn't associate Bebe with the others tbh.

Mark my words in forum folklore - Obertan is going to be a great signing - Put it in your footer - put it up in lights - I know this !

Do you know something we dont know about him? I havent seen much ov him 2bh, YT vids seem descent however...

Prepared to give the lad a chance. He must have had something about him to attract Man Utd in the first place so hopefully it's just a lack of football which has made him play poorly when given the chance to play.

People are so quick to say how s*** somebody is on here though, At least it's a body in, which is after all what a lot of people are complaining about. Jose and Barton haven't left yet so it's an addition to the squad. Agreed we still need a first choice front man and cover all across the back four, that will either happen or it won't and no amount of whinging on here is going to change it.

Like Bebe? Man United under Fergie has signed loads of s**** especially in the Obertan/Bellion/Kleberson mold, it just gets swept under the carpet because he's handy at winning things with the players who don't turn out to be offensive to the eyes of anyone with an appreciation of the finer points of the game.

As for the "at least it's a body in" craic, that's just depressing. It's exactly how the club want the fans to look at every transfer - yay, we've signed someone. It doesn't matter if he's utter f***ing tosh it's better than nowt. Bugger me  :facepalm:

I wouldn't associate Bebe with the others tbh.

Maybe not Kleberson as he was a World Cup winner but he's in the same league of Obertan and Bellion, players where no one can really quite believe they've signed for Man United because on the basis of their career so far they're a bit pony.

Guest Recoba

Some of the negativity is OTT.

Not every player is a world beater at 22 especially with two wasted years at a club above his level.

Not long ago he was a highly rated France u21. Given games he may prove decent.

Aye he may be the next Bellion or Le Tallec but both have forged half decent careers.  Could do a job for us in a number of positions.

I don't know what to say about this transfer? I haven't really seen him play. I know he's bald and French so maybe we can get away with calling him the New Zidane???

but whatever, it does give me even more of a reason to buy the French away kit. :)

Routledge's replacement in my eyes. Can't be worse at this level and may be better so it's worth doing imo.

Hopefully it's Routledge's and not Barton's.

Would probably be a slight improvement on Routledge, but never on Barton.

Why didn't we bother with Macheda?

Because strikers are meant to score goals, not look like they've wandered off the set of Jersey Shore?

All we had to do was tell him he could be on the next series of Geordie Shore then.