Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

Good news, particularly if Pardew is telling the truth about fancying him for some time (including this summer).

It has to be said that the opinion from Man Utd fans was very mixed, I just hope he improves us.

We'll be canny to play with online on Fifa this year.  :fwap:

Does make you wonder why Routledge had to leave before we could sign him mind. It was always extremely likely he'd find a club so why not just get Obertan in earlier anyway?!

Unless of course this was actually an opportunistic signing and he's bullshitting....

Both Routledge & Obertan are over 21 so would need to be registered in the 25 man squad for the forthcoming season.  We have 23 players on the books at the moment who would be included in the squad, 24 if you reserve a space for a striker, so we need to sell players before we can buy, unless we're going to exclude some older players from the squad (like Smith).

Five-year deal.

:facepalm:

nothing wrong with that at all, 5 year deals are 3 years deals nowadays anyway.

happy about this, a promising player who's definitely moved for the football, cant complain. it does seem odd though how over-stocked we are in midfield compared to everywhere else, can see barton leaving.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I have to admit he looks quite similar to a balding Routledge in this photo.  :lol:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/5d/a2/0,,10278~9871965,00.jpg

A fair bit taller like!

Does make you wonder why Routledge had to leave before we could sign him mind. It was always extremely likely he'd find a club so why not just get Obertan in earlier anyway?!

Unless of course this was actually an opportunistic signing and he's bullshitting....

Both Routledge & Obertan are over 21 so would need to be registered in the 25 man squad for the forthcoming season.  We have 23 players on the books at the moment who would be included in the squad, 24 if you reserve a space for a striker, so we need to sell players before we can buy, unless we're going to exclude some older players from the squad (like Smith).

smith should be taken out and shot

I'm glad we've added some pace to the side, as even though the hoof ball tactic to Carroll (and to an extent Shola) brought us success, we certainly looked one paced at times when we had Nolan, Barton and Carroll being the focal points of our attack.

Now we've brought in Ba, Marveaux and Obertan that will give a different dimension to our attack, as well as the extra energy and finesse that Cabaye will bring our midfield play.

Ideally, we still need another striker, and I have some concerns over the depth we've got at the back.

With these signings though, I can see a big improvement on our home form, where we struggled to break down the likes of Stoke and Blackpool, due to the one dimensional nature of the side.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Quick, tricky, potential, another squad member, less first team chances for Raylor and Lovenkrands

:thup: :thup:

I'm glad we've added some pace to the side, as even though the hoof ball tactic to Carroll (and to an extent Shola) brought us success, we certainly looked one paced at times when we had Nolan, Barton and Carroll being the focal points of our attack.

Now we've brought in Ba, Marveaux and Obertan that will give a different dimension to our attack, as well as the extra energy and finesse that Cabaye will bring our midfield play.

Ideally, we still need another striker, and I have some concerns over the depth we've got at the back.

With these signings though, I can see a big improvement on our home form, where we struggled to break down the likes of Stoke and Blackpool, due to the one dimensional nature of the side.

we really, really need someone who can put it in the net though. yes Ba looks good but he could easily go the other way or even worse get a bad injury, i'm simply not convinced that Ben Arfa is going to be the goal scorer we need (if he even gets on the pitch) and the rest speak for themselves

we really, really need someone who can put it in the net though. yes Ba looks good but he could easily go the other way or even worse get a bad injury, i'm simply not convinced that Ben Arfa is going to be the goal scorer we need (if he even gets on the pitch) and the rest speak for themselves

Which is why I said we need another striker. ;)

:thup:

So its taken us since the end of the season to sort this deal

Doesn't matter does it? He's here, that's the main thing.

I think its a plus that he was not just a pick out of thin air due to us running out of options but a true target we really wanted.

Which is why I said we need another striker. ;)

in know mate, just pitching in :thup:

as we near the start and it looks like we're almost getting things into place (with the LB situation as well it seems) it's bothering me more though, we're so close to having a promising looking squad, just need the most important bit!