Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

He may prove to be an improvement on Routledge in time, but right now I don't see it. Routledge played 5 or 6 good games for us between August and December last year. I've yet to see a really strong performance from Obertan.

If you think that then fair do's, I can't remember him showing up for us at all in the Premier League.  Everton away possibly excepted.  Maybe my memory's playing tricks.

Obertan just needs to be on the bench now, it's as simple as that.  I'd forgive him his faults if he showed signs of having a footballing brain with the things that he does on the pitch but I really don't see it.  Saying that I'm more than happy with him as a squad player, he's fine in that respect.  Marveaux looks so much better that it's getting a bit stupid now though.

Thought he was a mixed bag today, some decent play with some erratic stuff.

Some of the fans reactions to him is embarrassing though, getting stick off the crowd for failing to get on to the end of a 70 yard ball was a serious WTF moment and then hearing some blame him for Ba over hitting a ball out to Jonas simply because Obertan played it to Ba in the first place was cringeworthy.

Some of the fans reactions to him is embarrassing though, getting stick off the crowd for failing to get on to the end of a 70 yard ball was a serious WTF moment and then hearing some blame him for Ba over hitting a ball out to Jonas simply because Obertan played it to Ba in the first place was cringeworthy.

Obertan gives up far too early and could make more of an effort to get on the end of a few winnable balls.

yes exactly, some people need to lay off this guy, yes he had some shitty moments today but gettng on his back like that was shocking, the moaning and groans from our own crowd was embaressing,  i think obertan should just accept that he's got a shit right foot and use it less,  we know he's left footed but every time he crossed with his right foot today was simply not good enough.  i think if the crowd cut him some slack he may had, had more patience and worked the ball back to his left side then cross or pass or wahtever.  give this kid a break.

yes exactly, some people need to lay off this guy, yes he had some shitty moments today but gettng on his back like that was shocking, the moaning and groans from our own crowd was embaressing,  i think obertan should just accept that he's got a shit right foot and use it less,  we know he's left footed but every time he crossed with his right foot today was simply not good enough.  i think if the crowd cut him some slack he may had, had more patience and worked the ball back to his left side then cross or pass or wahtever.  give this kid a break.

He's left footed, is he?

I'll never have a go at a player when I'm at the match (well I'd not gan mad anyway) but I think people are perfectly within their rights to discuss his merits as a player away from the match.  As for people cheering when he went off, I agree that that's not on.  However it will be born out of frustration and also a slight desire to send a message to the manager that as well as we're doing this guy should not be starting games.  Sounds stupid but to me Obertan seems the opposite to Nolberto Solano to me, you don't have to be a ridiculously gifted athlete if you've got footballing intelligence like Nobby had, but you'll soon get found out if you've got pace, pointless tricks and nowt else.

yes exactly, some people need to lay off this guy, yes he had some shitty moments today but gettng on his back like that was shocking, the moaning and groans from our own crowd was embaressing,  i think obertan should just accept that he's got a s*** right foot and use it less,  we know he's left footed but every time he crossed with his right foot today was simply not good enough.  i think if the crowd cut him some slack he may had, had more patience and worked the ball back to his left side then cross or pass or wahtever.  give this kid a break.

The only break he deserves is a stint on the bench.

The vocal treatment of him in the ground was disgusting. There are no excuses for it.

The lad has only played a handful of games for us and has done alright some of the time. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, you don't treat your own players like that, especially not based on what has gone before this game.

Psychologically some of the dumb fucks in the stadium today could have caused a bit of damage, hope he bounces back and when he gets his next chance (which yes shouldn't be in the next starting 11) but when he gets it he will have my full support and i'll be hoping he can stick it to some of the vermon that have crawled out of the drain pipes.

The vocal treatment of him in the ground was disgusting. There are no excuses for it.

The lad has only played a handful of games for us and has done alright some of the time. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, you don't treat your own players like that, especially not based on what has gone before this game.

Psychologically some of the dumb f***s in the stadium today could have caused a bit of damage, hope he bounces back and when he gets his next chance (which yes shouldn't be in the next starting 11) but when he gets it he will have my full support and i'll be hoping he can stick it to some of the vermon that have crawled out of the drain pipes.

It wasn't only Obertan getting stick, it was most of the players from about 60 minutes until we scored.

Naa. There were sarcastic cheers at his substitution, not the team, that was direct at HIM, if that hadn't happened then yes it would be more about the team, but it did happen and it was about him not the team.

During the actual game he was getting a little bit more than most. People around me shouting "get that cunt off" and the likes.

It's natural to be frustrated at some things, but there are some fans who also got on the players backs over very small things.

Naa. There were sarcastic cheers at his substitution, not the team, that was direct at HIM, if that hadn't happened then yes it would be more about the team, but it did happen and it was about him not the team.

During the actual game he was getting a little bit more than most. People around me shouting "get that c*** off" and the likes.

It's natural to be frustrated at some things, but there are some fans who also got on the players backs over very small things.

I can't remember him getting any more stick than other players and I thought that the cheers when he went off were for Marveaux coming on.

I think you can tell from the tone and the timing of the cheer when its sarcastic and it certainly was from my position. The cheer for Marveaux didn't kick in until Obertan reached the touchline.

yes exactly, some people need to lay off this guy, yes he had some shitty moments today but gettng on his back like that was shocking, the moaning and groans from our own crowd was embaressing,  i think obertan should just accept that he's got a s*** right foot and use it less

The problem being, it's by far his stronger foot. :lol:

Regardless of his age, his ability and his potential, he is playing very poorly at the minute and he should lose his first team place as a result IMO.

Was fucking woeful at times today. I usually try to stick up for players, but he shouldn't have been anywhere the pitch in that second half.

yes exactly, some people need to lay off this guy, yes he had some shitty moments today but gettng on his back like that was shocking, the moaning and groans from our own crowd was embaressing,  i think obertan should just accept that he's got a s*** right foot and use it less

The problem being, it's by far his stronger foot. :lol:

Aye. :lol: How can someone think he's left footed? He's wank with his right foot like but his left is diabolical.