What are your connections to professional football?

James

My little brother have been patted on the head by Kevin Keegan. Hopefully he kept his hands in that head area only... But a few years later my brother turned out to be a Man Utd-fan. So in other words he is pretty f***ed up so something more could have happened that day.

Guest bimpy474

My mate plays for Hartlepool

Nobby ?  :smitten:

I wish. He says he's already played his trumpet for them :lol:

Class :)

Guest Brazilianbob

My dad played centre forward for RAF Weetonians during the war alongside Matt Gillies who was a Spurs player at the time.  Matt often said he couldn't understand why my dad wasnt playing first division football.  Matt went on to manage Nottingham Forest and Leicester city in the 60's and 70's and whenever they played at SJP my dad would meet up with Matt for a pint on the saturday morning in the team hotel and matt would give him a ticket.  My dad later became firm friends with Joe Harvey after he retired from football management and they used to play golf together each sunday morning until Joe died. 

Guest bimpy474

I moved Darren Caskey when he left Tottenham to go to Reading, he lived in Basildon, its like a shit Hackney after the fires.

Jack Wilshere came to my parents house when he went out with my cousin.

I am on "alright mate" *nod* terms with Andrew Fotiadis and we beat him and his mates in a 5-a-side despite them being a few years older and England youth players.

Mathew Oakley went to my school.

When I taught in Salford I had quite a bit of contact with Pat Howard as he was Football Development Officer for Salford City Council ... came in to scout for the Youth Games ... to be honest he was a bit of a dick.

Cantona came in to coach as well as part of his community service ... was a much better experience.

Taught Roy Carroll's twin cousins ... they weren't good at football ... runs in the family.  ;D

On a more serious note...

I had a pop at Steve Clarke's cooking skills at a BBQ after he gave me burnt sausages

I filled my boots with free drink at John Carvers when I was 14/15

I have more or less necked on with Gazza

I once got a lift off Ricardo Fuller

Went to school with internet sensation Ben Alnwick

My mate's dad bought Aaron Hughes house off him

Guest AsianIanCurtis

Great grandad played for West Ham, Chelsea, Fulham, Stockport County and Hartlepool from 1921 to 1931. Capped once for England as well, got a goal.

Guest pont-toon

Used to have a pint and the crack with the makems former chief exec who jacked about 2/3 years ago.

Used to play 5 a side with Joe Joyce - still a cracking player. Canny bloke anarl.

Guest mimifrench

My older brother played with Ben arfa when this last was about 10 years old in the club of Montrouge (parisian suburb)... That explains surely why i love this player.

PS : you are free to not believe me !

Before she met my dad, my mam went out with a player from Cowdenbeath.

When I worked at Dunn's garage on the Great North Road, Malcolm MacDonald would stop to fill up his Mercedes on the way home from a game. He always gave me a 20p tip.

When I worked late at Newcastle Airport, I would get a cab home from Bobby Moncur's mini-cab company. Bobby himself would sometimes be driving the cab. He was playing for Sunderland at the time.

Friend of mine is a mate of Michael Bridges.

I once took the piss out of Paul Gascoigne at a party.

My older brother played with Ben arfa when this last was about 10 years old in the club of Montrouge (parisian suburb)... That explains surely why i love this player.

Did you let him go elbow deep?

Guest mimifrench

Did you let him go elbow deep?

Sorry i don't understand what you're asking me.

Can you use other (more simple) words ?

-One of my P.E teachers was Mark Wallington who was goalkeeper for Leicester, Walsall, Derby and Lincoln.

-When young my friend lived next to Paul Holland.

-I went to Peterborough United 'Posh Soccer' camp one summer.

-My uncle is good friends with one of Bobby Robsons coaches (when he was at Newcastle).

-A friend of a friend knows Wayne Routledge

I went to the same school as Gabriel Agbonlahor - few years younger than me (apparently didn't play football at all and was scouted through running 100m)

I teach at his old primary school

Got a mate who is good friends with Barry Bannan

Mates with Dave Bevan (Walsall keeper) - connection through my Gaelic Football club. Went on a stag weekend with him and a coach full to Liverpool, which ended up with a massive brawl and 2 mates spending the night in jail (Scouse bouncers being cunts!)

Guest Roger Kint

Cousins husband plays for Hearts when he isnt injured  :angry:

Gazza bought me an Ice cream in Sanary while there for the Toulon tounament, dragged me round the town to get the whole squads autographs for 2 hours.

My Granda had a trial for NUFC where he cliams a very young George Graham was there.......................

I share a birthday with Waddle & michael fucking Owen  :-[

Hung around with Kevin Beatties daughters when I was at school, been round his house -Ipswich and England player 70s - 80s Admirers included a who's who of English football management, including Sir Bobby Robson, Bill Shankly - who tried to sign him for his Liverpool side, Don Revie and Sir Alf Ramsey.

Owned a Bar Alan Brazil used to own.

Know Louie Donowa - Ex Ipswich

Used to get tickets and VIP from Ipswich`s physio at the time they were in the prem.

Know Ruel Fox, Nearly did a Bar with him, used to come to a club I managed.

Know Jason Dozzell Ex Ipswich and Tottenham.

Met Bobby Robson and accidently pissed him off coz my staff were too busy to serve him and I was stuck on the phone he was with someone important at the time, Think maybe Shepard.

Went to an exclusive VIP birthday party years ago and met Rio Ferdinand, Sol Campbell, Anderton and shit load of others, to long ago to remember.

Refused Dyer entry to my Club in front of all his mates, just to make him look a twat in front of his mates and arselicks.

Good friends with Tes and Titus. Sorted it for me to meet Shearer and all the SBR team on 3 occassions.

Got speeds parking pass at SJP.

Got Jim Magilton so drunk he went home in an ambulance.

Loads more but can`t remember. Thats spread over 20 years.

I drank Jack Butland's ( England u20 goalie) tinnies which he left in my fridge  :drink:

I was in the Everton players lounge before the trip when Shearer chinned Gillespie

My dad serviced the IT kit at Mckeag's  solicitors offices

2 of my boys did the intro/half-time entertainment at the Charity Shield at the Millenium

Hung around with Kevin Beatties daughters when I was at school, been round his house -Ipswich and England player 70s - 80s Admirers included a who's who of English football management, including Sir Bobby Robson, Bill Shankly - who tried to sign him for his Liverpool side, Don Revie and Sir Alf Ramsey.

Owned a Bar Alan Brazil used to own.

Know Louie Donowa - Ex Ipswich

Used to get tickets and VIP from Ipswich`s physio at the time they were in the prem.

Know Ruel Fox, Nearly did a Bar with him, used to come to a club I managed.

Know Jason Dozzell Ex Ipswich and Tottenham.

Met Bobby Robson and accidently pissed him off coz my staff were too busy to serve him and I was stuck on the phone he was with someone important at the time, Think maybe Shepard.

Went to an exclusive VIP birthday party years ago and met Rio Ferdinand, Sol Campbell, Anderton and shit load of others, to long ago to remember.

Refused Dyer entry to my Club in front of all his mates, just to make him look a twat in front of his mates and arselicks.

Good friends with Tes and Titus. Sorted it for me to meet Shearer and all the SBR team on 3 occassions.

Got speeds parking pass at SJP.

Got Jim Magilton so drunk he went home in an ambulance.

Loads more but can`t remember. Thats spread over 20 years.

I'm sure SBR said he was one of the most naturally gifted players he's ever worked with. Such a shame what happened to his career.