Carling Cup 2nd Round - Scunthorpe (a) - live on Sky 25/08/11 @ 7.45pm

JH

Hope we play something like this, but probably someone like Smith will be included  :undecided: http://www.footballuser.com/Formations/2011/08/200628_Newcastle_United.jpg

I might be lost, but is Abaid DM/CM? Always struck me as a winger/am type.

Change him and Gosling maybe?

Think Tiote should play in this one honestly! seemed off-pace in the last couple of games and this one will help him get back to full match fitness.

Also Vuckic, Ba, Marveaux, Gosling need to be involved..as for Smith i almost forgot we had him..almost.

Hell no! Tiote shouldn't play, and neither should he be brought on.

Smith will be fine as he will nto be partnered with Nolan this time around.

Smith and Gosling will be okay, or triple up with Guthrie in there too.

Hope we play something like this, but probably someone like Smith will be included  :undecided: http://www.footballuser.com/Formations/2011/08/200628_Newcastle_United.jpg

Well i read somewhere Abeid said he could play DM aswell.

Gosling and Vuckic in the middle though surely?

No reason to play Smith at all, he's a disgrace.

Obertan and Marv on the wings, Ba and Best up front.

Ideally, yes!

However it's clear he is going to play Smith, from his comments.

Don't think he'll start with the likes of Abeid or Vukic. Think he'll look to bring them on later.

Well i read somewhere Abeid said he could play DM aswell.

Ok, but i would change it anyways.

Gosling is better in CM me thinks.

nolan was holding smith back :lol: i've f***ing heard it all now

Nolan's lack of contribution in midfield made an already hellish player, far worse. YES!!!

A West Ham man says ...

Not much mention of Nolan on this thread. He is our captain, our main man and he should of led by example tonight. When in fact he was constantly moaning and played a terrible game. He really was sh*t and to be quite honest I wouldn't give him more than 5/10 in most of our games this season

Won't be disappointed if we are knocked out.

Can't believe anyone has this attitude tbf.

We haven't won anything in how long? Should be going for it.

Nah, I agree with Colocho. Think we need to put all our efforts into our depressing league campaign - it takes effort and commitment to finish 15th you know!

fuck the trophy, we've had plenty of those in the last 40 years...

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

3 or 4 changes did Pards say? Reckon Gosling and Smith in for Tiote and Cabaye. Williamson in for Colo. Marveaux for Jonas.

Speaking of which, I couldn't help but notice Nolan repeated last year's trick at Stevenage, last night against Aldershot.

West Ham fans already wondering why their midfield keeps getting overun.

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=134242&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

The change in their opinions on him in just four pages is brilliant.

:lol:

That last page is hilarious.

They've just given the guy a five year deal, and he is getting outrun by Aldershot players.

If Sam doesn't get in a really dynamic midfielder to play in there alongside him, thay are dead meat.

They will turn on Noaln quite badly, soon enough. Can almost guarantee it.

Speaking of which, I couldn't help but notice Nolan repeated last year's trick at Stevenage, last night against Aldershot.

Seems like Ashley made a good decision for once.

Nolan's lack of contribution in midfield made an already hellish player, far worse. YES!!!

A West Ham man says ...

Not much mention of Nolan on this thread. He is our captain, our main man and he should of led by example tonight. When in fact he was constantly moaning and played a terrible game. He really was sh*t and to be quite honest I wouldn't give him more than 5/10 in most of our games this season

sorry mate, put michael essien next to alan smith and he'll still be alan fucking smith, he's absolutely useless

:lol:

That last page is hilarious.

They've just given the guy a five year deal, and he is getting outrun by Aldershot players.

If Sam doesn't get in a really dynamic midfielder to play in there alongside him, thay are dead meat.

They will turn on Noaln quite badly, soon enough. Can almost guarantee it.

The Leeds midfield was just miles ahead of their's last weekend. Parker and Nolan were both absolute shit.

A West Ham man says ...

sorry mate, put michael essien next to alan smith and he'll still be alan f***ing smith, he's absolutely useless

I hear you, and I'm not saying he will be brilliant, I'm just saying it will be serviceable enought to allow us to get a result.

Really unfritunate that he hasn't been moved on, as he is getting in the way of younger more talented players getting a game.

A West Ham man says ...

sorry mate, put michael essien next to alan smith and he'll still be alan f***ing smith, he's absolutely useless

I hear you, and I'm not saying he will be brilliant, I'm just saying it will be serviceable enought to allow us to get a result.

Really unfritunate that he hasn't been moved on, as he is getting in the way of younger more talented players getting a game.

i'm not gonna argue it might get a result, i'd rather play vuckic or medhi though and i think we'd still have as much chance. tiote should be playing tonight to get him sharper imo. having alan smith match fit helps no-one, if tiote got injured/banned then cabaye could play his role. we dont need alan smith anywhere near the pitch this season.

Even though I've already said what team I'd like us to play, here's what I think we'll go with:

Harper

Simpson - Willo - Saylor - Ferguson

Smith/Abeid - Gosling

Obertan - Vuckic - Marveaux

Ba/Best

Wouldn't be too bothered with that as long as it's Abeid and not Smith that starts.

A West Ham man says ...

i'm not gonna argue it might get a result, i'd rather play vuckic or medhi though and i think we'd still have as much chance. tiote should be playing tonight to get him sharper imo. having alan smith match fit helps no-one, if tiote got injured/banned then cabaye could play his role. we dont need alan smith anywhere near the pitch this season.

There is no way Vukic and Abeid should be responsible for the middle of the park against the likes of Scunny. It could knock their development if anything. Whatever you think about Smith, if Tiote or Cabaye are not playing, he need to be there to do the dirty stuff.

A West Ham man says ...

There is no way Vukic and Abeid should be responsible for the middle of the park against the likes of Scunny. It could knock their development if anything. Whatever you think about Smith, if Tiote or Cabaye are not playing, he need to be there to do the dirty stuff.

did you miss the bit where i said tiote should be playing? and no he shouldnt, he shouldnt be there to do anything, because he cant do anything positive for a football team, giving away free kicks is not positive.