Carling Cup 2nd Round - Scunthorpe (a) - live on Sky 25/08/11 @ 7.45pm

JH

Won't be disappointed if we are knocked out.

I would be. We should be going for it this year.

Not convinced we have the squad to do so, tbh.

I think we could handle a cup run and still finish mid table. Can't see us getting into Europe via the league, so might as well go for it.

Would love to watch us blitz Europe after we've replaced Colo with Dummett and Jonas with Donaldson next season. :thup:

Smith is obviously going to start after the comments I've just heard from his press conference this morning on sky sports news. Worryingly Pards has been saying "how much stronger our squad is compared to last year"

Hopefully he means they're all on steroids, rather than the caliber of players

Smith is obviously going to start after the comments I've just heard from his press conference this morning on sky sports news. Worryingly Pards has been saying "how much stronger our squad is compared to last year"

So I wasn't half asleep imagining those comments on SSN this morning? Thought I heard something along the lines of the fact we've got players like Smith on the bench proves the squad's stronger than last year.

Also think, on a side note, that's his way of calming our expectations of many/any more new signings.

Hope we play something like this, but probably someone like Smith will be included  :undecided: http://www.footballuser.com/Formations/2011/08/200628_Newcastle_United.jpg

I'd like to see Axel's team, minus Raylor with Ferguson in his place.

Totally forgot Ferguson is back from injury, if i had remembered i would have had him in the team too :)

Won't be disappointed if we are knocked out.

I would be. We should be going for it this year.

Not convinced we have the squad to do so, tbh.

I think we could handle a cup run and still finish mid table. Can't see us getting into Europe via the league, so might as well go for it.

Would love to watch us blitz Europe after we've replaced Colo with Dummett and Jonas with Donaldson next season. :thup:

We'll still be in a better position than Birmingham this year  :snod:

Guest icemanblue

Lost all enthusiasm for this game.

Why?

Just had the stuffing knocked out of me after this whole Barton fiasco. I was buzzing after the derby, and really looking forward to the two games this week. Yesterday was just a timely reminder that we're still owned and ran by useless cunts. Bit of a sickener, is all. Taken my focus right off the actual football, again.

Why?

Just had the stuffing knocked out of me after this whole Barton fiasco. I was buzzing after the derby, and really looking forward to the two games this week. Yesterday was just a timely reminder that we're still owned and ran by useless cunts. Bit of a sickener, is all.

Fair point, I was hoping the Joey thing was going to blow over as well. Hopefully a couple of players will arrive in the next week and give us a lift.

Guest icemanblue

Why?

Just had the stuffing knocked out of me after this whole Barton fiasco. I was buzzing after the derby, and really looking forward to the two games this week. Yesterday was just a timely reminder that we're still owned and ran by useless cunts. Bit of a sickener, is all.

Fair point, I was hoping the Joey thing was going to blow over as well. Hopefully a couple of players will arrive in the next week and give us a lift.

Shall we hug?

Guest MrSundlofer

Harper will get his chance. Gosling, Marveaux, Williamson and Ba will play.

Will we play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1?

4-2-3-1 would be good to control the game and play Vuckic in the role behind the striker.

4-4-2 to use our strikers: Ba, Lovenkrands, Best, Ranger...

Hope Smith plays personally.

Kind of stuff you'll tell your grandchildren about, seeing a supposed Premiership footballer get so thoroughly outclassed at Stevenage last year was something truly special to behold.

Why?

Shall we hug?

It's beautiful moments like this that remind me why I read this forum.

Kind of stuff you'll tell your grandchildren about, seeing a supposed Premiership footballer get so thoroughly outclassed at Stevenage last year was something truly special to behold.

:lol:

Speaking of which, I couldn't help but notice Nolan repeated last year's trick at Stevenage, last night against Aldershot.

West Ham fans already wondering why their midfield keeps getting overun.

Think Tiote should play in this one honestly! seemed off-pace in the last couple of games and this one will help him get back to full match fitness.

Also Vuckic, Ba, Marveaux, Gosling need to be involved..as for Smith i almost forgot we had him..almost.