The Strawberry Corner

Crumpy Gunt

You can't fucking move you stupid cunt.

Canny outburst :lol: I had my season ticket moved (for nowt) a couple seasons ago so assumed you still could. If you can't then fair enough  :dontknow:

The ground is all seater and you pay a lot of money for a SEAT on which to sit. fair enough stand up when you get excited about something or we score but why stand the whole game???

I don't know, I just prefer standing, sorry? Thousands of people stood at SJP last season and thousands stand all over the country every week. Personally if I pay alot of money for a season ticket I want to go and stand, sing, get behind the team and back the lads. I know this can be done when sitting as well, but for me max enjoyment at a match is when I'm stood. I actually hate sitting down and find it boring as fuck, it just feels wrong, and for me that's not what going to the match is about. Again bare in mind, this is just my opinion, I don't have a single problem with anyone who wants to sit which is exactly why I'm so vocal for the need of standing areas in order to avoid all this daft conflict. It's not like those who want to stand are some mad minority, I know thousands of others can relate and I've never seen our lot sitting down at an away, whats the difference with wanting to stand at home?

Problem is, most of the people standing defiantly are just kids tbh. Turning round not bothered about the match to see if they are impressing their mates and fellow peers, and winding up the stewards.

It would be different if they stood more often and sang and supported the team, rather then standing and shouting abuse at fellow fans and police.

Oh, and I'm not against standing at all, and I truly sympathise with the situation of the displaced L7, but taking it out on fellow fans is not the way to go about things. And when I said those around me who were unable to stand for long periods of time, I don't mean those who are elderly, but those who have medical conditions.

Well said. :clap:

Doubt they'll give a shit anyway, though. :no:

Anyone giving stick out to people who ask if they can sit down is wrong, obviously. Likewise anyone who shouts 'sick the fuck down you twat' for example. If theres an old woman or someone with a medcial condition behind then just sit down, imo, unless you can swap seats. There dosent need to be any abusive crap, and that goes for the steward malarky too. "Are you going to sit down?" "No, I'd prefer not to" *carries on supporting team .... thats all that is needed. "Shove your seats up your arse" etc is inviting conflict and potentially bringing on problems.

The Arsenal game showed there is potential to make the ground louder, give it time to grow. The Leazes L7 only started with a very small group - it ended up 3,000 strong. We need that core together, starting the atmosphere, because there were times against Arsenal when the singing spread through to the Gallowgate end and made a difference. But to do this we've got to leave out any confrontation, and not respond with a 'fuck you' attitude.

Problem is, most of the people standing defiantly are just kids tbh. Turning round not bothered about the match to see if they are impressing their mates and fellow peers, and winding up the stewards.

It would be different if they stood more often and sang and supported the team, rather then standing and shouting abuse at fellow fans and police.

Oh, and I'm not against standing at all, and I truly sympathise with the situation of the displaced L7, but taking it out on fellow fans is not the way to go about things. And when I said those around me who were unable to stand for long periods of time, I don't mean those who are elderly, but those who have medical conditions.

Well said. :clap:

Doubt they'll give a s*** anyway, though. :no:

Most of the fans in the corner are simply wanting to create the best possible atmosphere at SJP. I heard them - because they got the gallowgate end going against arsenal sometimes. There may be a minority of fans more arsed about stewards etc, but thats wrong to tarnish the rest like that.

Anyone giving stick out to people who ask if they can sit down is wrong, obviously. Likewise anyone who shouts 'sick the f*** down you t***' for example. If theres an old woman or someone with a medcial condition behind then just sit down, imo, unless you can swap seats. There dosent need to be any abusive crap, and that goes for the steward malarky too. "Are you going to sit down?" "No, I'd prefer not to" *carries on supporting team .... thats all that is needed. "Shove your seats up your arse" etc is inviting conflict and potentially bringing on problems.

The Arsenal game showed there is potential to make the ground louder, give it time to grow. The Leazes L7 only started with a very small group - it ended up 3,000 strong. We need that core together, starting the atmosphere, because there were times against Arsenal when the singing spread through to the Gallowgate end and made a difference. But to do this we've got to leave out any confrontation, and not respond with a 'f*** you' attitude.

Absolutely, finally someone on the other side of the fence who has their head screwed on.

I'm not tarnishing everyone who stands as a certain set stereotype, but it is certainly those who conform to that stereotype that need to sort themselves out.

Consideration, that's all. From both sides.  Just because Ashley shafts the fans, doesn't mean we have to turn on each other

I'm not tarnishing everyone who stands as a certain set stereotype, but it is certainly those who conform to that stereotype that need to sort themselves out.

Consideration, that's all. From both sides.  Just because Ashley shafts the fans, doesn't mean we have to turn on each other

Aye exactly.

I have got my season ticket for the very back row of the corner, hope i won't be forced to sit down because i am 6ft6 and i find it extremely uncomfortable sitting in the same position for any period of time

Guest SuperShola!

Shite compared to last year. Was forced to sit down with hardly no leg room, next to pensioners who do nothing but call Ameobi a twat. Also abit miffed at the fact I was forced to sit down by the people sitting behind/next to me. From what I gather, I seemed to be only the back row standing and signing. What also pissed me off is that every fucker stood up at half time and stayed standing untill the match restarted! EHHH!? On top of all that, i have to stand up and lean forward to see the away end corner. Blah, can only hope it gets better and the people next to me don't have season tickets. How much would it be to get my seat changed and move a few rows back?

Guest SuperShola!

s**** compared to last year. Was forced to sit down with hardly no leg room, next to pensioners who do nothing but call Ameobi a t***. Also abit miffed at the fact I was forced to sit down by the people sitting behind/next to me. From what I gather, I seemed to be only the back row standing and signing. What also p*ssed me off is that every f***er stood up at half time and stayed standing untill the match restarted! EHHH!? On top of all that, i have to stand up and lean forward to see the away end corner. Blah, can only hope it gets better and the people next to me don't have season tickets. How much would it be to get my seat changed and move a few rows back?

Don't mean to sound like an absolute prick, if just feel very passionate about it.

I love the irony of the fact people on here claim the level 7 lot think they're better than everyone, yet we have people from other parts of the ground claiming for some reason the amount of years you've had a season ticket somehow makes your opinion more important. Why don't they get stick? I couldn't give a f*** if you've had a season ticket since St James' was built, tbh.

I'm delighted to hear a more people were standing, hopefully it continues to grow over the following seasons. Nobody is to blame other than the c***s that shut off L7, while I sympathise with those who are forced to stand against their will this only makes it evident how much a standing section is required. Plus if you're forced to stand then that means you're in the minority of people wanting to sit in that section, there's still 50,000 or so seats you could move to if you can't cope with standing, god forbid, at a football match.

You can't f***ing move you stupid c***.

Bit harsh. I got banned for less :lol:

Guest Blackandwhitearmy

What about the lanky fuckers that need to stand in the corner; lets face it anyone over 6 foot 2 is going to have dificulty sitting and find it much more comfortable to stand.

Isn't standing illegal that's why we have all seater stadia?

It's against ground regulations, which is why a police officer can't touch you on the basis that all you're doing is standing, as it's not breaking any law. Job for the stewards.

It is possible to sit and enjoy the game while supporting the team, even if you prefer to stand. It´s a bit harder to sit and enjoy the game if someone is standing in front of you. Basic logic, right? People standing should yield for people who prefer to sit until there hopefully comes a safe standing section. Anyone trying to argue against that is unfortunately just a bit of a cunt.

Nobody is to blame other than the c***s that shut off L7

Of course you are to blame if you stand in front of someone who prefers to sit. Just sit down, problem solved.  :pow:

But isn't it that way at every Premiership ground in the country ? Thus making it a kind of law?

I think you can be thrown out, but you can´t get arrested or fined as it´s not breaking the law. Unless you resist or something that is, then they can of course arrest you for that or other similar offenses.

But isn't it that way at every Premiership ground in the country ? Thus making it a kind of law?

I think you can be thrown out, but you can´t get arrested or fined as it´s not breaking the law. Unless you resist or something that is, then they can of course arrest you for that or other similar offenses.

Sounds right to me aye. I think I'm right in saying that the law is that a ground must be all seater in order to be granted a safety certificate for it to be allowed to be used as a venue. Standing in a stadium, in law, is not an offence.

But the fact that no clubs are allowed to provide standing areas ,doesn't make your argument very feasible tbh.

What arguement? That we should be able to stand? I'm not trying to back up standing by saying you can't get arrested for it, was just stating it as a fact. However fact of the matter is a majority of clubs turn a blind eye to persistant standing as they know it causes no harm (other than on stairs etc, which is fine) and so did we until the LC was closed. No club has ever been in bother because of standing, all we've ever seen is away allocation cuts from local councils.

I also don't think it's fair to call someone a cunt for wanting to stand at a foobtall match for fucks sake. Fair enough if they're the only ones and are blocking the views of people and not being considerate, but if they're stood in a big group that continues in every row behind them as we saw in the LC then I don't see the problem. On top of that I've read a few comments from people who'd moved down from level 7 and sat for the entire game, were disappointed that they had to but had respect for those around them and remained seated. Don't see that getting mentioned in this thread, mind...