This new style of play, tactic, formation is...?

Guest MrSundlofer

Guest BooBoo

Its just nonsense though isn't it? Football Manager has created an army of folk who think thu are tactical geniuses.

First game of the season, you'd hope to see some for of style and play, maybe not executed perfectly but a definitive style nonetheless. I didn't, it seemed a little of the same old same old, no real movement, no intensity no width, no general plan from my point of view.

I personally think he would have been better off playing a 451, I know it maybe have seemed negative but there midrfield and defence had so little pressure in the first and second phase, allowed their midfield to control the game without even getting out of second gear. Not good enough in my opinion.

Its just nonsense though isn't it? Football Manager has created an army of folk who think thu are tactical geniuses.

agreed. I think most of what a manager does is manage/ motivate people. no formation will help a de-motivated team

Guest BooBoo

There was little gameplan or change of style. What was served up was little short of tedious dross. As soon as the team was announced with Shola and Ba, it was always going to be "knock it up and hope it sticks."

The only bonus is that with any luck, we won't see a worse game all season.

Bringing Lovenkrands on was completely pointless. After his promising pre season, where on earth was Vuckic?

Guest MrSundlofer

What's your problem? I can delete the opening post just for you then. My thoughts and question is what Pardew wants to do with his new style of play, and what it is? Etc..

We are one the same side you know. I was just thinking what he wants to achieve with all these changes. And share my thoughts.

I'm not a tactical genius but I'm curious to see what kind of tactical changes Pardew will do with the team this season.

Football Manager has nothing to do with it. Don't understand why you get so upset, or frustrated.

There was little gameplan or change of style. What was served up was little short of tedious dross. As soon as the team was announced with Shola and Ba, it was always going to be "knock it up and hope it sticks."

The only bonus is that with any luck, we won't see a worse game all season.

Bringing Lovenkrands on was completely pointless. After his promising pre season, where on earth was Vuckic?

I don't want to focus only on the Arsenal game. But try to figure out what he has in mind for the whole season.

What we needed we didn't have for that game, and it was pure speed. We needed players to run at them, to create space. No one in the team or on the bench could do that, and all our attacks ended toothless. When obertan came on he did something. But when you are the only one trying to create a havoc is like trying to boil water with a matchstick, it will be there as a flash and die quite quickly.

No one could follow his runs adequatly enough imo. Demba ba should've been there alons side him, as he tends to be running more into space then amoeobi, our hold up play was shit with ameobi aswell. So the decision to keep lankypants on instead of someone who's new and could've done something, atleast excite the fans have a little more pace and power moving the channels going forward alongside Obie instead of waiting behind.

It's more and more obvious to me that barton should play more in a midfield 3 then what he was now. He's good at running up and down the pitch, find space, got grit. Cabaye got creativity at the same level. With obertan and marveaux at each side of the two of them could create alot. Get the ball inn, get working on those rebounds reflections etc. and get the ball in the back of the net. What is encouraging aswell is that both Cabaye and Barton got a good distance shot, so there is more threats around the team now then before.

If Dekka just can get out and get those last few players we need we will have a pretty good squad compared to last year. Where we had one option and it was route one and nothing else. Now we got several different approuches to choose from if something isn't working. That especially is pleasing to me.

Cannot consider our new style of play until a few games have been played.

Yesterday was an exception.  We came up against arguably the best passing and pressing side in the league.  We couldn't pull off any style of play against such better footballers. 

Our pitch looked massive btw.

Guest MrSundlofer

Cannot consider our new style of play until a few games have been played.

You are correct  :thup: ..therefore I want to speculate on what's in his mind.

Yesterday was an exception.  We came up against arguably the best passing and pressing side in the league.  We couldn't pull off any style of play against such better footballers. 

That's kind of the key point really. No other team will do that to us this year at home without eventually resorting to more direct play. We desperately lacked width yesterday though but I'll put that down to a shocking preseason. We need to see Jonas running with the ball more, and hopefully Obertan turns into a more useful option.

I'm not so sure, if we had an adequatly good left back. More pace in the team forcing Arsenal to fall back quicker to not be overun and let players like Obie, Benyo or Marv behind their lines I really think we would have kept more of possesion. As barton, Cabaye and tiote would have alot more space to operate in infront of their defence.

Guest bimpy474

One of the best ways to hurt Arsenal apart from outfighting them like we did in the 2nd half of the 4-4, is to counter attack them at pace, its something Man Utd have perfected against them recently, easier said than done mind.

Based on yesterday's performance, I'd like to see us line up like this against the scum:

http://www.footballuser.com/Formations/2011/08/186826_Newcastle_United.jpg

Bench: Harper, Williamson, Marveaux, Vuckic, Ba.

agreed. I think most of what a manager does is manage/ motivate people. no formation will help a de-motivated team

http://www.postgraduatetoolbox.net/system/images/127/small/Mr_Motivator.jpg?1305709689

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

there wasn't any new style, yesterday was a very basic 4-4-2. understanable in the circumstances given tiote and cabaye not having played together,merveaux and ben arfa being out.

Barton    Tiote

Obertan      Cabaye    Jonas

is sort of what we ended up with in the seond half.

Based on yesterday's performance, I'd like to see us line up like this against the scum:

http://www.footballuser.com/Formations/2011/08/186826_Newcastle_United.jpg

Bench: Harper, Williamson, Marveaux, Vuckic, Ba.

Good thinking Pardew ;)

Guest pleno1

3-5-2?

Jonas rwb, the new french guy lwb

williamson in the middle of collocini/saylor

3 midfield centre.. tiote, barton, cabaye

ben arfa and marveux behind a 10m centre forward?

Krul

Saylor Williamson Collocini

Jonas                                       Aly Sissoko

Barton  Tiote

Cabaye

Marveux                  Ben Arfa

Maiga

harper

raylor

simpson

gosling

ba